Brighton 2: 0 Leeds , please rate the ref

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax

Brighton 2: 0 Leeds , please rate the ref

Post by Velotrax »

Please rate todays ref Chris Kavanagh out of 10,
10 being excellent never made a bad decision, 0 being utter Tosh
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brighton 2: 0 Leeds , please rate the ref

Post by faaip »

Did ok I thought 5/10
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Huggins - Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Compared to the last few weeks not to shabby...5/10
Lumiukko
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lumiukko »

Steady 5/10 after the horror show refs of the last few games.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hardly noticed him tbh

His performance was nowhere near as poor as LUFC's display

8/10

Is he receiving 5/10 because he gave a penalty to Brighton after our silly little schoolboy pulled down a player with his arm?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 am Hardly noticed him tbh

8/10

Is here receiving 5/10 because he gave a penalty to Brighton after our silly little schoolboy pulled down a player with his arm?
There are perhaps 3 refs that may get an 8 out of me in the league Leon, the standard of refereeing in the prem is atrocious..the whole ref/var system needs looking at and overhauling...he got a 5 as thats what I feel he deserved, where you get 8 from is beyond me mate.
wilsdenwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Thought he did well enough and agree we 64, I hardly noticed him. I think a ref should get at least a 7 if you hardly notice him, shouldn't he? It wasn't his fault we lost.

I don't think the standard of refereeing can be improved much further Smudge to be honest. Technology aiding the game sure, but not the actual standard of refereeing. I think it's as good as it's going to get. Some refs try and let the game flow, some are card happy, some seem to make the game all about them. Do some even take into account the stakes and the reputation of the teams playing? It's sometimes seems hard to argue against that. These guys have done all the necessary badges, ref coaching courses blah-di-blah but we still find ourselves slating the refs more often than praising the refs. So what is the answer? The one things that grates with me along with the VAR debacle is the lack of consistency with referees. How can Andre Marriner go from getting a 8/9 out of 10 from most of us on here, barely putting a foot wrong vs Southampton to the shocker he gave at Man C?
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

I did not vote him low because we lost...IMO the standard of refering is abysmal, ...it has been below par due to inconsistency in the standards, when the ref adapts the rule to his own way of thinking, What happened to Raph was outragious, you did not need VAR to judge that...the intent was to stop and f*ck the cost... Fernandino must be so proud putting a fellow player out for the season, ... As I have stated before intent is the mitigating factor, and referee's nowadays totally ignore that.

Referee's showuld be held to account, they cannot give out cards to one team and ignore them for others. And the rule makers should be jumping all over these officials.

Var does not help at all, in fact it is diluting the standard of refering even further.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

To be fair I hardly noticed him, which is the sign of a decent ref who is not interested in been the centre of attention so 8/10 from me, it wasn’t his fault we were so poor
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 am There are perhaps 3 refs that may get an 8 out of me in the league Leon, the standard of refereeing in the prem is atrocious..the whole ref/var system needs looking at and overhauling...he got a 5 as thats what I feel he deserved, where you get 8 from is beyond me mate.
Inform me please, what did he do seriously wrong?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:38 am Inform me please, what did he do seriously wrong?
Nothing seriously, as I said after the last few weeks he wasnt to shabby...nothing special just average ergo 5/10 ...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thank you Wilsden & Rat :tup:

It does make me wonder if some of our fans actually watched the game.

They refuse to accept any criticism on what was an atrocious performance (up there with our worst displays of the season)

Now the referee was obviously wearing a Brighton shirt with such low scores :rol:

Definite penalty unnecessarily handed to the seagulls by our schoolboy left-back
No obvious free-kicks or penalties denied as we hardly threatened their back line
No dubious red cards.
No horrendous VAR decisions.
Ayling our only player yellow carded.
Ref allowed the game to flow.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Relatively anonymous during the game - which is what a ref should be, so 8
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am Thank you Wilsden & Rat :tup:

They refuse to accept any criticism on what was an atrocious performance (up there with our worst displays of the season)

Now the referee was obviously wearing a Brighton shirt with such low scores :rol:

Definite penalty unnecessarily handed to the seagulls by our schoolboy left-back
No obvious free-kicks or penalties denied as we hardly threatened their back line
No dubious red cards.
Ayling our only player yellow carded.
Ref allowed the game to flow.
Leon...we all know that in your opinion your opinion is all that matters...I watched the game alright, and he was average stop trying to turn everything into "Leons world"... between you insulting our own players, getting a cob on because MB does not listen to your squad selections... I often question your loyalty...and I will state what I mean not make a generic "our fans" comment... So tired of the snide comments from those that cannot handle being disagreed with...
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am Thank you Wilsden & Rat :tup:

They refuse to accept any criticism on what was an atrocious performance (up there with our worst displays of the season
From your player ratings thread.....
Re: Player Ratings v Brighton (a)
Post by Smudge3920 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:04 am

A sadly overall poor team performance...

Meslier 7
the remaining who got to play... 4 (each)
Lumiukko
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lumiukko »

1964white wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 am Hardly noticed him tbh

8/10

Is he receiving 5/10 because he gave a penalty to Brighton after our silly little schoolboy pulled down a player with his arm?
Nothing to do with the penalty mate (got that decision right). Thought Dan Burns should have had two yellows for bad fouls on our players. Otherwise was unspectacular. Could go for a 6/10 too but not higher.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm Nothing to do with the penalty mate (got that decision right). Thought Dan Burns should have had two yellows for bad fouls on our players. Otherwise was unspectacular. Could go for a 6/10 too but not higher.
:tup:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Boot !
Byebyegeegee
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Can’t give a score this time as I only was able to watch the last half hour, sorry Velo!
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:14 am Can’t give a score this time as I only was able to watch the last half hour, sorry Velo!
No Probs mate