Our Board of Directors

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Our Board of Directors

Post by John in Louisiana »

I can tell you what the 49ers did with the 49ers.

The San Francisco 49ers do not play their games in San Francisco. Instead, they play in Santa Clara, about a 40-mile drive south of the city. To be fair, their old stadium (Candlestick Park) was awful. Cold and windy, it was designed for baseball, and even the best seats were a long way from the field. The new stadium looks nice, but caters to the wealthy, with luxury boxes taking up much of the prime real estate inside. Most importantly, that real estate isn't in San Francisco.

They make an effort to put a decent team on the field, so that's encouraging, but they charge for the privilege of watching it. Ticket prices run from a low of $79 to $400 per game. That's exclusive of parking.

NFL ticket prices have to be higher as teams play only eight or nine home games per year, but ticket prices are still exorbitant.

Our current management have held the line on season ticket prices even with the jump to the EPL. Had the 49ers been in charge everyone would have been paying a lot more for tickets already.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love the Niners involvement in our club...Paraag Marathe has been doing great work for SFO and if he brings knowledge and investment to LUFC all the better. 21 yrs at SFO which shows loyalty and ability. Runs the contract negotiations for them, was responsible for the development of the Levi Stadium. He's also Chairman of US Cricket and has already upped their profile and had a big hand in the US's upcoming T20 league
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

The 49'ers seem to have bought into the culture of our club (Paraag certainly has, Jed York, who knows) and they have helped us into the Premier League, providing the extra investment that Andrea cannot input himself. They have made a profit from their initial investment, and I have no issues with that - which business does not want to make a profit ? I have no doubt that they would like to invest more into the club for a bigger slice of the pie, especially as we have now established ourselves for another season, and I don't have a problem with that either, as long as Andrea keeps overall control.

The ESL farce has shown us the dangers of owners who a) Only look to the bottom line and b) Don't get how football works in this country. It may help us in the long run, and educate the 49'ers that they can't act like Henry, the Glaziers et al going forward
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The venture capitalist fund of an American Football franchise would jump at the chance to join the Super League.

Of course they would, its ridiculous to suggest otherwise. It would make perfect sense to them and it would do what the aim of any investment arm is, maximise investment.

They are a threat to the club and English football imo and must never be allowed to own the club.

Radz had to publicly call them out to invest more money dont forget and use QSI as leverage (why else would he name drop QSI at every opportunity).

They can leech off the club for years and if and when Radz sells up he will have to offer them first refusal.

Imo when that time comes the fans will need to make sure Radz knows that we dont want them as owners.

They may have done us no harm so far but who knows what they would do if they called the shots.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:52 pm After this week's shambolic attempt to turn football on it's head I doubt Radz would allow the 49'ers to have full control of LUFC.
I think money talks here , if the offer is great enough I think he wouldn't refuse , especially if he think the 49ers could take Leeds up a level . Given this week's event I would be very concerned at a majority American ownership/involvement , though hopefully they would have learnt from their compatriots errors this week . I think the problems with overseas ownership have been highlighted this week though . You would hope lessons learnt all around , though Perez doesn't seem to have given up yet he still wants all this to save football ie so Real Madrid can still spend in the fashion they are used to .
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

There is already massive money in football, domestically and in Europe. Throw more money at these 'big clubs' and they will just waste more of it. Surely the real money is to be made with better governance, transfer limits, wage caps etc.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:52 pm There is already massive money in football, domestically and in Europe. Throw more money at these 'big clubs' and they will just waste more of it. Surely the real money is to be made with better governance, transfer limits, wage caps etc.
We have been here before I have been an advocate of this for years, add to that a cap on agents fee's as those are the ones dictating the players salaries and worth...