Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Barnsley fan
Ballboy
Ballboy

Super League

Post by Barnsley fan »

I never imagined I would register on a Leeds United message board, but as a Barnsley fan, old one by the way, I just want to register my complete disdain for the so called big six. We all knew that money was king, but this is sickening. Even Barnsley fans have a dream that we could climb, just for one season, to qualify for European football, as do fans of Waford, Lincoln City, Sheffield United and many more. It may be laughable to the big six fans, but it is just that, a dream, a possibility, not a a probability but it is there, a dream. Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa would never have reached the heights under this money orientated system. Good luck against the greedy....boys.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Super League

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Barnsley fan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:03 pm I never imagined I would register on a Leeds United message board, but as a Barnsley fan, old one by the way, I just want to register my complete disdain for the so called big six. We all knew that money was king, but this is sickening. Even Barnsley fans have a dream that we could climb, just for one season, to qualify for European football, as do fans of Waford, Lincoln City, Sheffield United and many more. It may be laughable to the big six fans, but it is just that, a dream, a possibility, not a a probability but it is there, a dream. Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa would never have reached the heights under this money orientated system. Good luck against the greedy....boys.

Football is there for teams like Leeds, out in the wilderness for 16 years, getting their chance back in the top flight, fighting for that slight prospect of Europe. For Barnsley fans, an unlikely promotion in sight, dreaming of playing the best teams in the country, that hope that one day they could even seal a European place.

This whole concept robs us of that hope.