Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Post by Cjay »

Thought Poveda did well myself.

Is more direct than Harrison and Costa and if Roberts could finish he would have got an assist.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Post by Boo Radley »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:12 pm I didn't really enjoy the first half Lpl dominated for in 60mins and they were getting in behind far too easy. We were too slow in possession allowing Liverpool to get back into shape when we did have the ball. For the last 40mins we were well worth our point.
Good summary Leeds1000. Lucky to only be 1 down at halftime.

Once we tested their defence they wobbled, especially when our fitness was also beginning to show.

I was disgusted with Salah’s stamp on Llorente at the end of the game. How was that not a red? Petulant and nasty from a cowardly yob.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm The more I see that it, it looks like Salah meant that.
Only just seen that Lumi....Salah had every intent....he meant that. You could see it quite clearly in his body language. Disgraceful, appalling decisions from the ref and VAR.....again!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:14 pm 5 minutes for Pablo is an insult on the little man.
No it is not! We do not know the circumstances of why Pablo has not been playing. It may have been his choice, he may not have been up to it or indeed fit. Blimey! Talk about supposition.....there did not seem to be a rift between him and Bielsa when he came on. The only thing I saw was an over hit pass....we need to get over the Pablo effect. He did wonders for us last season in the Championship and I for one will be eternally grateful to the little genius. But we have to move on, no room for sentiment as I keep reading on here.....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks everyone for your mostly erudite comments - I always enjoy the match thread. :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:23 am No it is not! We do not know the circumstances of why Pablo has not been playing. It may have been his choice, he may not have been up to it or indeed fit. Blimey! Talk about supposition.....there did not seem to be a rift between him and Bielsa when he came on. The only thing I saw was an over hit pass....we need to get over the Pablo effect. He did wonders for us last season in the Championship and I for one will be eternally grateful to the little genius. But we have to move on, no room for sentiment as I keep reading on here.....
Should have left Pablo on the bench then.

I was surprised he even got five minutes.

As for the pass, the one Poveda didn't anticipate, stopped & gave up on.

I know what's gone on, it's glaringly obvious.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

What a superb second half performance, more so given the extent to which Liverpool controlled the first half. Fully deserved the equaliser, and with a bit more luck could have won.

Well done Bielsa and the players.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

A draw probably a fair result, though LFC will be kicking themselves that they didn't capitalise on just how poor we were first half, possibly worst half from us I've seen this season. Bielsa bollicking at HT did the trick and we were a different side second half.

Another who wonders what Roberts has on Bielsa, no way is he good enough at this level. Nice to see Pablo get a run out, but I agree with swannie, he's done as a Prem player. No disgrace in that, he's 36 and has been brilliant for us, but we all know he is not the future. Liked Poveda's cameo, he's a livewire but needs a season out on loan in the championship to toughen him up. Definitely missed Raphina, he would have given us an outlet, particularly first half when we were struggling. A good point, all in all, another against scum and that will have been an excellent return from a very difficult set of fixtures.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 pm Did anyone count Thiago's fouls?... I counted at least 5 how does someone who consistently fouls not get at least one yellow?
I think he tackled someone early on, got the ball and caught our player.
Cooper anyone?
There Is Only One United.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

On the subject of Pablo everyone agree,s what a great job he has done for us but there is no room for sentiment we have to move on.I would like to see him offered sa job on the coaching the youngster,s but as for playing in a regular spot afraid he is not up to it.The one thing none of us can stoo is age.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:35 am Should have left Pablo on the bench then.

I was surprised he even got five minutes.

As for the pass, the one Poveda didn't anticipate, stopped & gave up on.

I know what's gone on, it's glaringly obvious.
How do you know? You mystic Meg 64 or something? :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:19 am How do you know? You mystic Meg 64 or something? :lol:
More like septic peg.... :P :P

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:19 am How do you know? You mystic Meg 64 or something? :lol:
Just because his little legs are not as fast as his teammates his time on the pitch is limited

Like his predecessors Bremner, Giles, Strachan, McAllister, etc Pablo has a football brain.

He also possesses more quality in his big toe than the likes of runners such as Costa, Roberts, Alioski & Poveda have between them.

Pablo hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip, 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes here & there isn't ample time to judge him as so many of our fans are doing writing him off after bit parts.

Strange how he's not made a PL start since November :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:48 am More like septic peg.... :P :P

:)
:rol: :rol: :rol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 pm Just because his little legs are not as fast as his teammates his time on the pitch is limited

Like his predecessors Bremner, Giles, Strachan, McAllister, etc Pablo has a football brain.

He also possesses more quality in his big toe than the likes of runners such as Costa, Roberts, Alioski & Poveda have between them.

Pablo hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip, 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes here & there isn't ample time to judge him as so many of our fans are doing writing him off after bit parts.

Strange how he's not made a PL start since November :duno:
I agree with the "football brain" part of your analogy... but Bielsa's system, requires 10 runners and 10 able to man mark, Pablo is just not upto the physical side of it anymore,...(I know you say some of the others arnt either... but they have youth, stamina and speed on their side) if we parked the bus like many do , I think you would have seen Pablo get many more minutes this year, but that aint our way as you know mate... You just gotto accept his day is done in a Leeds shirt, time to just remember his greatness as was.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Love Tim Sherwood's comments on Bielsa's Leeds :)

1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 pm I agree with the "football brain" part of your analogy... but Bielsa's system, requires 10 runners and 10 able to man mark, Pablo is just not upto the physical side of it anymore,...(I know you say some of the others arnt either... but they have youth, stamina and speed on their side) if we parked the bus like many do , I think you would have seen Pablo get many more minutes this year, but that aint our way as you know mate... You just gotto accept his day is done in a Leeds shirt, time to just remember his greatness as was.
On the evidence of last night there are two or three others incapable of man marking as well.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 pm On the evidence of last night there are two or three others incapable of man marking as well.
Those days happen...