Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Post by BGwhite »

Better 2nd half , thought we did enough to win it and probably should have.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Velotrax

Re: Leeds Utd V Anfield Red Sox Match Thread - Jack Harrison and Pascal Struijk come into the side

Post by Velotrax »

Great result, but I thought we would nick it we had the momentum, but not the ref !
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm The more I see that it, it looks like Salah meant that.
The way I saw it too , it was one of those that was meant, but done to look accidental
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

played poorly but found a way to steal a point.

And against such a special club too....
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

If that had been a boxing match it would have been stopped in round 6 but Liverpool couldn’t finish us off and our boys fought back. Great result when you consider how poor the first hour was
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Lorimer46 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm The way I saw it too , it was one of those that was meant, but done to look accidental
At least the FA can look at it again.
iscius
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by iscius »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm How was Cooper worse than Salah's foul just then?
Red cards are racist. Cooper left a little bit after a clean take on the ball, at most a yellow and a short leash.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm played poorly but found a way to steal a point.

And against such a special club too....
Top six you know!
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Lorimer46 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 pm The way I saw it too , it was one of those that was meant, but done to look accidental
Yep, hid it well enough to avoid it being looked at retrospectively. Thiago also should have seen yellow in that game.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Take it as a game of Halves ...a fair result.. overall, 2 Allison saves and a crossbar denied us the win...well done lads.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

what happened to Llorente?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
leedsalex
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsalex »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:54 pm Can I just say, it’s a real pleasure to see Pablo in a white shirt at ER one more time.
This
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Unbeaten in 5. A run which includes Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

I’ll take that
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Fridge wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm Unbeaten in 5. A run which includes Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

I’ll take that
Yes, good run of results. If we can keep that going against Scum and Spurs, it will have massively exceeded my expectations.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Fridge wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 pm Unbeaten in 5. A run which includes Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

I’ll take that
Awful stuff. I blame Roberts. This just isn't "Premier League Standard"...
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm At least the FA can look at it again.
No they won't
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 pm what happened to Llorente?
He was stomped on by Salah, but the ref and VAR are the only ones in the universe that didn't see it
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm The more I see that it, it looks like Salah meant that.
Agreed...no way he tried to avoid it, was deliberate, well concealed though.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Mountain wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm Awful stuff. I blame Roberts. This just isn't "Premier League Standard"...
Love the sarcasm, but many a true word is spoken in jest
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Swap Llorente for White and that was our Championship side.
Get something from Scum then a nice run in our European spot.