Cireh 1 : 2 Leeds , Please rate the ref

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Cireh 1 : 2 Leeds , Please rate the ref

Post by SG90 »

Similar to Chelski, heavily favoured the top 6 side. Obviously the FA can't have Leeds beating any of them. :roll:

Counted at least 3 blatant fouls we weren't given, but the slightest touch gave them a free kick.

Why bother when these refs just favour one side?
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1/10 for getting to the correct ground for the match.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:38 pm 1/10 for getting to the correct ground for the match.
TBH I wish he’d have gone to the wrong ground 😉
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:06 pm I didn't bother reading the match thread here today so this is untainted

I thought he was poor so 4/10 for me

The red card wasn't, the foul on Raph at the end every bit as dangerous imo, don't think he got a yellow for that
There was a period where Roberts got barged over from behind, no FK, City break, we win the ball (Philips I think) and again pushed over from behind and again no foul. A bit later a lesser push from behind from one of ours was flagged immediately to give MC a FK in good position

Doubled the added time ... He did his best to give MC every chance to win that
Saves me from having to post exactly the same
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm So blatantly biased against Leeds he didn't even bother to be subtle about it.
Cooper got all of the ball in the tackle but his momentum took him through, certainly not intentional - yellow at best. Not even comparable with Baldock on Roberts last week and nothing given and no VAR intervention then either.
No VAR proof for the potential offside for their goal.
And what about Fernandinha on Raph, very high and utterly cynical and nothing?
Shocking performance from the ref and VAR 0/10 for both.
You've basically said what I was going to write but I'd also add:

- Sterling not given a yellow for twice stamping on players. Raph and then Meslier, the latter being dangerous as it was on the goalkeepers fingers and to me he knowingly did it.
- Doubled the added on time when nothing had contributed to the additional time by the time 3 minutes had passed.
- Whether Cooper was a red or not, surely Fernandinho was as bad and deserved a red. (I'll add I think Cooper should've been a yellow). Just purely inconsistent and purposefully too.

0/10 for me.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Amazed how how bad he was today, the last time he reffed us he was praised by most, so it begs to ask the question, was he just having a bad day? was he blatantly biased? or was he bought.........

I will keep my opinion to my self for the time being

my vote is a very reasonable 3
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Thought the ref was awful today very top 6 biased but I suppose we won’t be complaining about that next season when we are top 4 :lol:

But I cant give him more than a 4 as said earlier “missed” loads of fouls by Citee but couldn’t help himself with the whistle if we went anywhere near a Citee player
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Boot...someone must have a positive view....I'm not going to hold my breathe
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

He allowed both our goals, so that earns him a 2
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 pm He allowed both our goals, so that earns him a 2
He could hardly say they weren't legal, but a 2 is generous
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

I'm looking forward to when fans and ball boys are allowed back, so VAR can draw a line from a ball boy thats offside to stop us winning...it's gunna happen mark my words
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

2/10

can see why coops got a red but think it was very harsh and really should have been a yellow

aside from that gave us absolutely nothing all game and ignored about 4/5 blatant fouls on our players and even gave johnny pebbles a free kick on the edge of our box for tripping himself up
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

danhirons wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:29 am 2/10
even gave johnny pebbles a free kick on the edge of our box for tripping himself up
Yes! There were so many terrible decisions by Marriner yesterday I’d forgotten about that one, so ridiculous it was almost laughable.

I wonder if they had scored from that free kick whether VAR would have ruled it out? Probably not but in my opinion it was a clear error to have awarded the free kick in the first place. Or, perhaps, should VAR have had a word with Marriner to change his decision before the free kick was taken and restart with a drop ball. If it had happened in the middle 3rd of the pitch then it’s not a big deal I suppose but where it was was A1 position for an attempt at goal.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Also, an interesting take on the Cooper sending off from one of the comments on “Benjamin Bloom’s dearly departed YouTube channel” (not my comment btw). The wording of the serious fowl play rule states that “a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent” etc. etc.

I must admit that I have been referring to the incident as a tackle by Cooper but when you think about it...

“Here’s my only gripe about the wording of the law on the red card, Jesus is not in possession of the ball when Cooper lunges, it is a loose ball, therefore is it not instead just a clearance rather than a challenge or tackle? He’s not actually challenging Jesus because Jesus never had possession of the ball, therefore in a completely neutral situation where neither player has possession of the ball, in my opinion, whoever then gets the ball has priority, because if Cooper gets the ball from the ball being in a neutral situation, any contact between the two players has to be deemed as the responsibility of the other player because if Jesus doesn’t lunge for the ball, there is no contact, and as he doesn’t win the ball at all isn’t he endangering himself?”

No question that Cooper was first to the ball and got it cleanly.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Oh Dear so far Andre has the lowest points, but from the most votes......
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Well Andre finished with the lowest score so far just 1.1
Attachments
Screenshot_21.jpg
Screenshot_21.jpg (48.59 KiB) Viewed 895 times
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Velotrax wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm Well Andre finished with the lowest score so far just 1.1
Interesting he tops and bottoms the table. and both games are wins for us.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm Interesting he tops and bottoms the table. and both games are wins for us.
Indeed mate, I wonder which one he got the bonus for???? or rather he didn't !