Super League 2021

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Super League 2021

Post by Orange Box »

Salford benefitting from Covid ravaged fixtures. No way should they be beating pussycats this season. At this rate they’ll be in the grand final. Not a fan of Salford as you can probably work out.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:52 am Salford benefitting from Covid ravaged fixtures. No way should they be beating pussycats this season. At this rate they’ll be in the grand final. Not a fan of Salford as you can probably work out.
Yep, silly season in Super League. I'm no fan of Salford either!

It's becoming so ridiculous this season due to Covid I do wonder if Super League should carry on this year....

Supposedly places in the League are going to be decided by win percentage per game or something like that? Crazy days indeed
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a farce this season is. Now the game between Leigh and Warrington postponed due to nine (yes NINE) Wolves players isolating!
Time to bring the season to a close in my opinion. Surely it cannot carry on like this....
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Difficult to disagree Swannie. Will football go the same way do you think?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:04 am Difficult to disagree Swannie. Will football go the same way do you think?
Don't know OB. I just can't understand how many superleague clubs can't produce a team. Why don't they draft in the youngsters? Why are the powers that be allowing so many clubs to pull out of games? It really is becoming a lottery this season :dun:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

St Helens and Castleford have both postponed their weekend fixtures under Covid 19 protocols.

The two sides met in last weeks Challenge Cup final at Wembley.

Saints were due to host Hull KR on Friday while Castleford were supposed to be travelling to Catalans on on Saturday.

As a result of the postponements, Hull KR will now travel to Catalans on Saturday instead.

Saints and Cas have been permitted to postpone the game as more than 7 of their top 25 players have been required to isolate.

Rugby Leagues chief regulatory officer Karen Moorhouse said "The growing number of postponements, while reflecting the prevalence of Covid 19 in society is a major concern for rugby league as for other sports, and in that context, Hull KR's willingness to re-arrange their match against Catalans is an example of the flexibility that served the sport so well through 2020, and which may be required over the coming weeks and months".

The double postponement takes the tally of called off fixtures in Super League this season to 14.

For the second successive season the table will be decided by a winning percentage.
Last edited by whiteswan on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

It's become a joke,you've also got to see a degree of manipulation of the fixtures by some clubs especially with it be based on percentages.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm It's become a joke,you've also got to see a degree of manipulation of the fixtures by some clubs especially with it be based on percentages.
It's a ridiculous state of affairs Mick....a complete and utter farce :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

She says, "flexibility which served the sport so well through 2020"......er.....didn't the season end prematurely due to covid?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

It is a complete farce, Swannie, spot on there. I’m actually ashamed of my lifelong club this year. We’ve manipulated and whined and it’s just plain embarrassing. Darryl Powell has openly stated he wanted the Challenge Cup this year, but his policy of using legislation to rest his first team for almost four weeks bit him in the armhole at Wembley as we just didn’t have the legs to go the full game. Now we’ve chickened out of travelling to France where we generally get pasted.
It’s an insult to the teams who genuinely want to be proper professionals.
There, I feel better now after that.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:14 pm It is a complete farce, Swannie, spot on there. I’m actually ashamed of my lifelong club this year. We’ve manipulated and whined and it’s just plain embarrassing. Darryl Powell has openly stated he wanted the Challenge Cup this year, but his policy of using legislation to rest his first team for almost four weeks bit him in the armhole at Wembley as we just didn’t have the legs to go the full game. Now we’ve chickened out of travelling to France where we generally get pasted.
It’s an insult to the teams who genuinely want to be proper professionals.
There, I feel better now after that.
Very honest assessment OB, but I don't think its just Cas. I think Mick mentioned earlier that the whole situation was open to manipulation by some teams.

Now, go and get thisen a drink.....or three :beer: :beer: :beer: :)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Australia and New Zealand have both pulled out of the 2021 Rugby League World Cup.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Not just Cas , I think plenty have pulled the covid card including the Rhinos . It screws the schedule though, playing games far to close together. Physically tough this is Rl not football.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:13 am Australia and New Zealand have both pulled out of the 2021 Rugby League World Cup.
Looking forward to Samoa vs PNG final
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Rl world Cup may as well not bother.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Cas Fans Forum is littered with reports of post-Wembley illness with COVID like symptoms of varying severity. Some have already had positive readings on lateral flow, others waiting on results from PCR tests.
Most state they only travelled to and from the game in authorised coaches. And this from an event where evidence of a negative test was supposed to be mandatory.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Here we go again!

Next week, St Helens v Huddersfield and Leigh v Castleford both postponed due to Covid.

Right! Now, The powers that be of Rugby league please show some ba**s and call this utter farcical of a joke season to an end!!!!!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds announce Luke Gale is stood down as Captain for "behaviours not aligned to team trademarks"

.....whatever that means in this c**p Superlegue season
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:08 am Cas Fans Forum is littered with reports of post-Wembley illness with COVID like symptoms of varying severity. Some have already had positive readings on lateral flow, others waiting on results from PCR tests.
Most state they only travelled to and from the game in authorised coaches. And this from an event where evidence of a negative test was supposed to be mandatory.
What's the latest on the Cas fans forum OB
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

So, Swannie, no further reports of the COVID Wembley variant or complications, thank goodness, but you would go down a storm with your “pull the plug on the season” views.
It’s quite an abrasive forum so the majority of posters use far fewer words than you and more expletives, but the sentiment is the same. They’ve had enough. It seems to me the only posters stating they want the season to continue are poster-baiters. Thank goodness we don’t have that type on this forum, eh 😉