Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Man loses his life after refusing the vaccine jabs.

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cracking vid here, i'm sure some of you boffins have already seen it? :) For the educated you may want to watch the lot, but if there are any uneducated on here like me.... watch from 30minutes onwards it literally blew my mind.

The pieces suddenly fall into place. Benzos goes into space why i'm still wearing a mask at work.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/KtLzQi7fsMYD/

And a decent little article on Sweden giving both side of the debate.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2BG1R9
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm Could you imagine taking dna at birth and all the complications you would encounter from the liberal masses not wanting to be traced🤣🤣 personally I'd go for it, be brilliant for crime prevention and reasons you put forward but I'm sure the the conspiracy theorists would pour cold water on that one.
Yes they would
Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm Are you suggesting that people are incapable of self restraint when it comes to food. The vaccine for obesity is common sense and exercise period.
Wasn't just talking about obesity as agree with you on that but many hereditary conditions can be avoided from gout (yes I suffer) to some cancers, some heart disease, migraines, IBS, etc. Minor or major alll cost the NHS money and time.

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm We will be discussing poverty in the uk next, poverty for me is walking 12 miles to get water that isn't fit to to drink not managing to get up the shop for your tobacco.
Being raised on a council estate I think I'm reasonably qualified on this one🤔
That is two of us :tup:
Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm Bad parenting but that's just monkey see monkey do and will only get progressively worse.
And is really a major issue but not treated as such.
2nd & 3rd generation of a entitled society.
Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm Pandemics once in a 100 year occurrences and as difficult as it may sound a culling of the population is just nature's way. Could be anyone of us popping off this mortal coil. That was cheerful 🤣🤣🤣
Probably but hey ho why not try survive :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:12 pm Could you imagine taking dna at birth and all the complications you would encounter from the liberal masses not wanting to be traced🤣🤣 personally I'd go for it, be brilliant for crime prevention and reasons you put forward but I'm sure the the conspiracy theorists would pour cold water on that one.
Are you suggesting that people are incapable of self restraint when it comes to food. The vaccine for obesity is common sense and exercise period. We will be discussing poverty in the uk next, poverty for me is walking 12 miles to get water that isn't fit to to drink not managing to get up the shop for your tobacco.
Being raised on a council estate I think I'm reasonably qualified on this one🤔
Bad parenting but that's just monkey see monkey do and will only get progressively worse..
Pandemics once in a 100 year occurrences and as difficult as it may sound a culling of the population is just nature's way. Could be anyone of us popping off this mortal coil. That was cheerful 🤣🤣🤣
All very true though :tup:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Covid

Post by Orange Box »

This is a copy of a post I’ve just posted on the Super League topic :

“Cas (Castleford Tigers) Fans Forum is littered with reports of post-Wembley illness with COVID like symptoms of varying severity. Some have already had positive readings on lateral flow, others waiting on results from PCR tests.
Most state they only travelled to and from the game in authorised coaches. And this from an event where evidence of a negative test was supposed to be mandatory.”
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Is this really how Sky really delivers the news down under? or is it a parody. If its genuine then think yourselves lucky Wallabies you are still hearing the truth and the powers that be are not yet scared of offending anyone. It won't be long... we can only dream of a bulletin like that here in the UK. I can see the pub from here....No i can live over the road from one.. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVNYNEXr_c
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another vid looking at things from a different angle. I don't know if they are fake conspiracy theorists, its difficult to know who to believe at this current time in our history, but they sound like they have genuine concerns to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2wm5nhTXY
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:04 pm I can see the pub from here....No i can live over the road from one.. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVNYNEXr_c
What's the point of living in England if you can't be within walking distance of a first-rate pub? Forget Newton, Darwin, Priestly, Hawking, and Turing. Forget Shakespeare and Austen. The pub is the best thing England ever did for the world. :)

Wifey, despite being fully vaccinated, tested positive for covid yesterday, so we're isolating. Fortunately, because she was vaccinated, her symptoms are not too severe and she doesn't come close to requiring hospitalization. I'm not symptomatic at all.

Everyone at work is convinced I'm making this up so I can stay home, drink beer, and watch the olympics.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 pm What's the point of living in England if you can't be within walking distance of a first-rate pub? Forget Newton, Darwin, Priestly, Hawking, and Turing. Forget Shakespeare and Austen. The pub is the best thing England ever did for the world. :)

Wifey, despite being fully vaccinated, tested positive for covid yesterday, so we're isolating. Fortunately, because she was vaccinated, her symptoms are not too severe and she doesn't come close to requiring hospitalization. I'm not symptomatic at all.

Everyone at work is convinced I'm making this up so I can stay home, drink beer, and watch the olympics.
The first inn in old Albion was apparently called the:

Ye Olde Fighting c**ks

Little has changed over the years. :)

Its now turning out the Pfizer vaccine in Israel is only 39% effective against infection of the Delta variant and that's the one that's been pushed for the elderly in this country. The fear continues unabated and its hardly going to encourage vaccine take up. The booster jab is well under production as we speak. God only knows how many, and at what cost its going to take to make people feel safe again.

Some would say it a uncanny coincidence John. Not me obviously ;-) :)

There is a manager at work who has had around 2 months off due to Covid. First it was waiting for test result, then it was him & his partner testing positive at differing times, then they went thru the kids individually testing and finally the kids again being near someone who has tested positive. I have no doubt the long Covid symptoms will come into play soon.

Why the company didn't just ask him to come in and take a test is beyond me.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:25 am Apologies for my comment.

I just despair & become so cross with folk who are refusing to have the vaccine which is obviously curving the death rate, it no use 70% of the UK vaccinated & 30% wandering around like ticking time-bombs. Covid will never go away whilst we have people who are prepared to take the risk of contracting this horrible disease & passing it onto others.

Even the poor victim Glen confessed from his hospital bed wish he'd had his jabs. Maybe if the the vaccine was mandatory this fella & many others would be still alive OR not suffering horrible illnesses right now!

Already 1000's of casualties are emerging from the Wembley games during Euro 2020. It's because of the unvaccinated I have serious concerns about watching Leeds in the upcoming season, my health & feeling safe is paramount for me, sod the money I've paid for my season-ticket.
You're assuming that everyone who hasn't had the vaccine has no immunity. That certainly isn't the case, given the level of infections, and is my reason for choosing not to have it. I'd rather trust my natural immunity, which the most recent studies show is superior to the immunisation from the vaccine. I'm simply balancing a known risk, my experience of surviving covid, against the unknown risk of the new mRNA vaccine technology. Seeing as the vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting and spreading the virus, you are in no better a position than me, so your holier than thou attitude is completely unjustified.

Another unknown is the risk posed by mass vaccinating into a global pandemic. It is possible that this could be artificially selecting more dangerous, vaccine resistant variants, which will have a knock on effect further down the line. It makes no sense to vaccinate people who already have natural immunity, and it makes no sense to push the vaccine exclusively over repurposed drugs such as ivermectin, for which there is wide ranging evidence of its effectiveness in preventing and treating covid. A balanced approach of vaccines + natural immunity + repurposed drugs would likely be more effective, and carry fewer risks, but that doesn't fit the fear driven narrative pushed by those with obvious financial conflicts of interest.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv ... 9.full.pdf

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv ... 7.full.pdf
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Further to the theories... :)
Covid.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:58 pm You're assuming that everyone who hasn't had the vaccine has no immunity. That certainly isn't the case, given the level of infections, and is my reason for choosing not to have it. I'd rather trust my natural immunity, which the most recent studies show is superior to the immunisation from the vaccine. I'm simply balancing a known risk, my experience of surviving covid, against the unknown risk of the new mRNA vaccine technology. Seeing as the vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting and spreading the virus, you are in no better a position than me, so your holier than thou attitude is completely unjustified.

Another unknown is the risk posed by mass vaccinating into a global pandemic. It is possible that this could be artificially selecting more dangerous, vaccine resistant variants, which will have a knock on effect further down the line. It makes no sense to vaccinate people who already have natural immunity, and it makes no sense to push the vaccine exclusively over repurposed drugs such as ivermectin, for which there is wide ranging evidence of its effectiveness in preventing and treating covid. A balanced approach of vaccines + natural immunity + repurposed drugs would likely be more effective, and carry fewer risks, but that doesn't fit the fear driven narrative pushed by those with obvious financial conflicts of interest.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv ... 9.full.pdf

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv ... 7.full.pdf
I've had both jabs, my choice and my choice alone. I'm too close to Sandi's mum and my mum who's in a care home not too and I'm at an age if there are issues 15 years down the line not to care. I'll probably be dead by 70 anyway as guys I worked with in my twenties have died at 52, 70, 54 due to the s**t we breathed in back then. I fully support your choice though, the second we lose freedom of choice is the second we lose all freedoms...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Covid cases are surprisingly tumbling though, two possible reasons for that is the government is fiddling with statistics again to validate themselves, or the natural immunity is beginning to weaken Covid's hold
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

So i speak with my sister today and she informs me mi old mans just getting over Covid but he didn't want to worry his kids as she only lives two doors away. Sounds like he has had symptoms in line with Marr & Morgan rather than the Javid mild symptoms despite being double jabbed.

So i will thank the double jab for Protecting him from Covid, alleviating his terrible symptoms and finally saving his life from a more severe form of covid whatever that means. One out of three ain't bad. I am going up to see him tomorrow for the night. He sounds shaken but he's still stirring.

I see a hospital in France as gone out on strike because of Macron mandating of Vaccines. We can't accuse them of being selfish they have been on the front line all the way thru the Pandemic. Maybe they were one of the lucky hospital?

Your right your choice Sara. I am amazed at how many people seem to have overlooked that basic principle recently.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:29 pm I've had both jabs, my choice and my choice alone. I'm too close to Sandi's mum and my mum who's in a care home not too and I'm at an age if there are issues 15 years down the line not to care. I'll probably be dead by 70 anyway as guys I worked with in my twenties have died at 52, 70, 54 due to the s**t we breathed in back then. I fully support your choice though, the second we lose freedom of choice is the second we lose all freedoms...
My partner's had both too, also because of an elderly parent. I'm not opposed to anyone having it, and it may prove to be safe enough, and a vital protection for the majority. It is also true that there are inevitable unknowns with a new technology, and that it is being pushed as the only treatment for reasons not exclusively to do with public health. My assessment is that it is not necessary, or the right choice, for me at this time.

That may change, or it may not. It certainly will not change on the basis of being cajoled or shamed into it, or by the pressure of fear, or the threat of having basic liberties denied for non-compliance with a state or corporate agenda. We live in a time of creeping surveillance, growing authoritarianism, erosion of democracy and loss of liberty. History shows that crises are always used by those in power to further assert their control. Moves like the 'covid passport' are one step away from identity cards, centralised control of our data, and ultimately our choices. Those living in fear of a virus now should be very careful what they wish for.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:31 pm Covid cases are surprisingly tumbling though, two possible reasons for that is the government is fiddling with statistics again to validate themselves, or the natural immunity is beginning to weaken Covid's hold
Probably the drop in testing and reporting following the end of term, and people turning the app off because they want to go on holiday. 'Cases' were never a meaningful measure of anything. A recent stat also shows that about half of hospital admissions were people admitted for something else who tested positive after admission. A friend of mine went in last week because she's pregnant. They put her on a covid ward by mistake and now she's listed as a hospital admission for covid.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:27 pm So i speak with my sister today and she informs me mi old mans just getting over Covid but he didn't want to worry his kids as she only lives two doors away. Sounds like he has had symptoms in line with Marr & Morgan rather than the Javid mild symptoms despite being double jabbed.

So i will thank the double jab for Protecting him from Covid, alleviating his terrible symptoms and finally saving his life from a more severe form of covid whatever that means. One out of three ain't bad. I am going up to see him tomorrow for the night. He sounds shaken but he's still stirring.

I see a hospital in France as gone out on strike because of Macron mandating of Vaccines. We can't accuse them of being selfish they have been on the front line all the way thru the Pandemic. Maybe they were one of the lucky hospital?

Your right your choice Sara. I am amazed at how many people seem to have overlooked that basic principle recently.
I hope your Dad gets well soon. And yes, if we don't have sovereignty over our own bodies then we're on a pretty sticky wicket.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

You carry a drivers liscense and have a passport... do you really think they do not know who you are already ?...Birth certificates, mortgages, bank details, blood groups...to even get basic utilities from the council you have to give them all your details... And if you avoid all these things... if you are ever arrested then you will be questioned and dig yourself even deeper refusing to give information about yourself, "to be eliminated from inquiries"... The old saying applies, if you have nothing to hide whats the problem?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 am …. We live in a time of creeping surveillance, growing authoritarianism, erosion of democracy and loss of liberty….
Apologies for being selective in quoting you Sara, although I broadly agree with all your post, I do think there is a tendency to be over confident in our government’s ability to use the data it collects from us.

An example: 15 or so years ago the NHS launched a super dooper whizzbang piece of technology called SYSTEM ONE. Its aim, we were told, was to put all patients care records in one place, to facilitate access for clinicians treating patients with “seamless” care and ensure constant recording of said treatment. The technology was so flawed SYSTEM ONE became known in the trade as SYSTEM HALF. Today, 15 years on the same data collection is so haphazard hardly any clinician uses it, though the NHS moguls would dispute that.
My point is that although the technology to do a ‘1984’ on us undoubtably exists, our government isn’t as sophisticated as we would be led to believe.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I am pro vaccine.

I have to be. I have no expertise to challenge medical advice. I trusted doctors when it came to other conditions, illnesses, right down to matters like the care of a child who was born prematurely. I think it would be strange if I were to say "oncologists, urologists, doctors, paediatricians, surgeons, consultants, I'll accept their advice...but I don't trust immunologists and I'm going to try and challenge them, not by studying for years but by Google".

On the other hand, I would have concerns about the the civil liberties issues for those who decline the vaccine. It raises an interesting debate which, because it is less science based than the vaccines and more a subjective issue, we can participate in. Ultimately, I think it's a matter of social utility, like say restrictions on driving where my need to drink and drive or drive at speed is greatly exceeded by the public need for safety. And similarly at present I think the need to eat indoors is a fairly minor need. Where it will become interesting is when the consequences become more serious eg children attending school.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:30 pm Apologies for being selective in quoting you Sara, although I broadly agree with all your post, I do think there is a tendency to be over confident in our government’s ability to use the data it collects from us.

An example: 15 or so years ago the NHS launched a super dooper whizzbang piece of technology called SYSTEM ONE. Its aim, we were told, was to put all patients care records in one place, to facilitate access for clinicians treating patients with “seamless” care and ensure constant recording of said treatment. The technology was so flawed SYSTEM ONE became known in the trade as SYSTEM HALF. Today, 15 years on the same data collection is so haphazard hardly any clinician uses it, though the NHS moguls would dispute that.
My point is that although the technology to do a ‘1984’ on us undoubtably exists, our government isn’t as sophisticated as we would be led to believe.
Yes, I'm sure you're right historically, and the current covid app has also proven to be a money wasting farce. Technology changes rapidly though, and data mining is big business. When something is in the financial interest of the big corporations, it tends to happen, whether we like it or not.

Perhaps more worrying is the apparent willingness of so many to sideline questions of liberty when faced with situations which promote fear. 'Emergency' legislation tends to become permanent, as with the US Patriot Act for example, and there is a gradual creep towards authoritarianism. It's better not to be complacent about this imo.