Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Covid

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:53 am I suppose this will put an end to the supposition that only the uninnoculated are the ones that can infect others
Not sure where that came from mate ...it has always been my understanding that even if vaccinated, you can still be a carrier and pass it on...
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:55 am Not sure where that came from mate ...it has always been my understanding that even if vaccinated, you can still be a carrier and pass it on...
don't be so obtuse there has always been an undercurrent on this group that says anyone who is not vaccinated is neglecting their civic duties
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:38 pm don't be so obtuse there has always been an undercurrent on this group that says anyone who is not vaccinated is neglecting their civic duties
No sugar for your corn flakes this morning then ... :shhh:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:17 pm No sugar for your corn flakes this morning then ... :shhh:
I am sweet enough without.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

A friend showed me earlier part of an essay she was reading, and it pointed out that neither polio nor smallpox reached natural herd immunity...as they were eradicated by vaccines.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Had to have a blood test yesterday

I'm now eligible for a pneumonia jab apparently so booked one for next month
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:24 am Certainly it makes a mockery of covid passports if the double jabed can become infected.
The evidence so far says natural immunity is better, and longer lasting, than immunisation by vaccine. It also points to the vaccinated who spread infection being more likely to be passing on stronger variants.

Just returned my Jethro Tull tickets for a refund because I don't have, and in any case, wouldn't use, a covid passport.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:15 am A friend showed me earlier part of an essay she was reading, and it pointed out that neither polio nor smallpox reached natural herd immunity...as they were eradicated by vaccines.
Just recently read that in the VAERS database which records ALL adverse events for all vaccines, that over 90% of the reports were for covid.

make of that what you will.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:10 am The evidence so far says natural immunity is better, and longer lasting, than immunisation by vaccine. It also points to the vaccinated who spread infection being more likely to be passing on stronger variants.

Just returned my Jethro Tull tickets for a refund because I don't have, and in any case, wouldn't use, a covid passport.
Very possible that the virus is mutating with the vaccine to create the stronger variants.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:15 am A friend showed me earlier part of an essay she was reading, and it pointed out that neither polio nor smallpox reached natural herd immunity...as they were eradicated by vaccines.
I guess the Guardian have got it al wrong then,that it has not been eradicated in the Horn of Africa and that is still endemic in Pakistan. Vacine derived polio still exists.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... wild-virus

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... in-vaccine
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

A young girl at work does extra bar shifts in the one of the local hotels with cabaret. I was asking her about the clientele to which she said mainly elderly. I said any social distancing rules, none she could see just normal table layouts, what about masks? very few people wearing them, and i said what about Covid Passports? She said what? this is not a nightclub. I said what about all the dancing...?

Perhaps another example of the Tories not wanting to upset their voting demographic?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1 April 2017
Polio was once a disease feared worldwide, striking suddenly and paralysing mainly children for life. WHO is a partner in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, the largest private-public partnership for health, which has reduced polio by 99%. Polio now survives only among the world's poorest and most marginalized communities, where it stalks the most vulnerable children. The Initiative's goal is to reach every last child with polio vaccine and ensure a polio-free world for future generation.

While polio is a distant memory in most of the world, the disease still exists in some places and mainly affects children under 5. One in 200 infections leads to irreversible paralysis (usually in the legs). Among those paralysed, 5% to 10% die when their breathing muscles become immobilized.

When the Global Polio Eradication Initiative was formed, polio paralysed more than 350 000 people a year. Since that time, polio case numbers have decreased by more than 99%. More than 16 million people have been saved from paralysis because of vaccination efforts against polio.

The 3 countries are Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan. They face a range of challenges such as insecurity, weak health systems and poor sanitation. Polio can spread from these 'endemic' countries to infect children in other countries with less-than-adequate vaccination.

There are 3 strains of wild poliovirus, none of which can survive for long periods outside of the human body. If the virus cannot find an unvaccinated person to infect, it will die out. an Type 2 wild poliovirus was eradicated in 1999 and cases of type 3 wild poliovirus haven’t been found anywhere in the world since 2012.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

2017 vs 2020

April 1st 2017

Are you sure it wasn't April fool?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm2017 vs 2020
I stand corrected 2 of the 3 variants have been eradicated (I will take WHO over the Gaurdian)... and the remaining strain is contained to 3 countries with numbers dropping...dont know about you Rab, but thats all positive to me...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:43 am Very possible that the virus is mutating with the vaccine to create the stronger variants.
It's the risk with trying to vaccinate everyone whilst there is a pandemic, and the vaccines don't stop transmission. It creates the conditions for speeding up the evolution of the virus towards more vaccine resistant variants. Apart from the personal risks, this is a good reason why it's better not to have the vaccine if you don't need it.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:36 am Just recently read that in the VAERS database which records ALL adverse events for all vaccines, that over 90% of the reports were for covid.

make of that what you will.
Do you have a link for that, Rab?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm 2017 vs 2020

April 1st 2017

Are you sure it wasn't April fool?
Very droll ...
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Is there something familiar here... something you can recognise? Does it have a ring of truth?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Oh No.jpg
Oh No.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 533 times

:mrgreen:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

signal-2021-08-04-212834.jpg