Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid Wars

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:50 pm 92 yo mother in law diagnosed with Covid. Mild cold like symptoms 48 hrs, now feeling better. Double jabbed. Proof enough for me, but y’all do what you gotta do.
Good to hear your mother-in law is feeling much better, bless her!

1000's of unjabbed patients cluttering up our hospitals who are very poorly or have sadly sacrificed their lives.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm Good to hear your mother-in law is feeling much better, bless her!
Bless her? You’ve clearly never met the woman. On second thoughts it’s probably not the vaccine that’s knocked covid back, but fear of what she would do to it!
Kidding, obviously 🙄
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:50 pm 92 yo mother in law diagnosed with Covid. Mild cold like symptoms 48 hrs, now feeling better. Double jabbed. Proof enough for me, but y’all do what you gotta do.
Only just seen this OB, sorry for this but glad she's feeling better now.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:47 pm Bless her? You’ve clearly never met the woman. On second thoughts it’s probably not the vaccine that’s knocked covid back, but fear of what she would do to it!
Kidding, obviously 🙄
Oh dear :lol:
Has the wife seen what you've just written?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:04 pm Oh dear :lol:
Has the wife seen what you've just written?
Do you seriously think I am that stupid?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:06 pm Do you seriously think I am that stupid?
:zip:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

To live within the truth... a philosophical discussion of what the individual must do if living under a totalitarian system that continually feeds them lies.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

It will be interesting to see how Denmark gets on this winter as i believe they have dropped all Covid restrictions and have stopped testing aswell. The medics in the UK are bracing themselves for a bumper Flu outbreak which is set to reappear this winter after taking a season off. I haven't read her book: A state of fear: but Laura Dodsworth explains some of the controlling tactics used by the behavioral scientists.

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The BBC doing what it has does best during Covid. Producing good quality researched scare mongering articles designed for its elderly audience, and some people wonder why people look for real evidence elsewhere. I don't want to pay my TV licence any more than you do but Julie likes watching TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7c_FHiEac&t=1411s
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Sadly at a covid funeral tomoz, one of the neighbours that listened to the anti vax brigade and decided not to have the jab.

It's at York Crem (Bishopthorpe) if any of the anti keyboard warriors want to explain to the family feel they should come along.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

whiteroseboy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:58 pm Sadly at a covid funeral tomoz, one of the neighbours that listened to the anti vax brigade and decided not to have the jab.

It's at York Crem (Bishopthorpe) if any of the anti keyboard warriors want to explain to the family feel they should come along.
A grateful heart is better than a bitter soul.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteroseboy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:58 pm Sadly at a covid funeral tomoz, one of the neighbours that listened to the anti vax brigade and decided not to have the jab.

Sorry to hear the sad news of one of your neighbours, Whiteroseboy

This horrible virus should be more or less eradicated by now, sadly not the case :(
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 am Sorry to hear the sad news of one of your neighbours, Whiteroseboy

This horrible virus should be more or less eradicated by now, sadly not the case :(
Thanks 64, although was a neighbour actually next street it was a bloke I worked with for 20 years, albeit a long time back, had some good laughs with him.

It really brings it home when it's names and not just numbers.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteroseboy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:22 am Thanks 64, although was a neighbour actually next street it was a bloke I worked with for 20 years, albeit a long time back, had some good laughs with him.

It really brings it home when it's names and not just numbers.
My sister-in-law lost her brother to covid, so I know where you are coming from, Whiteroseboy.

1000's of needless deaths, imo!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

IMG_20211011_135650.jpg
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Article in the Guardian today.

"Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22 million people over the age of 50 has found."
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Exactly Bob. So why are we wasting Vaccinations on children? I would offer the elderly and vulnerable 1 jab a month to offer them full protection. Lets keep the efficacy at 92% or whatever it is why let it wane over time.

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm Exactly Bob. So why are we wasting Vaccinations on children? I would offer the elderly and vulnerable 1 jab a month to offer them full protection. Lets keep the efficacy at 92% or whatever it is why let it wane over time.

Because children are the biggest spreaders of colds, flu & covid.

Covid is more prevalent amongst children now that 85% of adults are vaccinated.

Two blokes I know have recently contracted covid from their grandchildren, the reason why schools have constantly been shutting over the last eighteen months.