Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:02 pm
The second is 20 year old Georgian wonder kid winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (no clue how you say that).
Never heard of him but he looks a bit special.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 am but are you pleased for the boy?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Pleased to see him doing well of course Rab but I think League 1 may be his level. He could do it in the Championship, we shall see next season but he definitely isn't a PL player. Hence my 'no' comment about whether we made a mistake.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 am let Go by Leeds for $900,000 to Hull Malik Wilks has scored 22 goals and seven assists, Wilks made League One look like child’s play at times.

Only 22 years old, did we make a mistake to let him go?

Clearly.

Did feel he was unlucky to not get a chance at the time and another loan would have been best.

Lets hope we kept a % clause because he is probably worth £10mil now judging by what Ivan Toney went to Brentford for and if he has a decent season next season that will double.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:40 pm He looks a real baller Cjay. I know highlights reels can be deceiving so all taken with a pinch of salt, but if he's really as good as that reel shows, he's got a hell of a future. Likes to ply left wing too. With Raph on the right, him on the left (and Rodrigo De Paul at #10 :) ) we'd be some team.
Definitely :)

Throw in Nandez to complete the midfield and Top 6 beckons
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

IMO all teams suffer from "lessons learned"... the amount of potential on the books of most teams means some are going to slip through the net and be moved on Wilks maybe one but compared to all the rest on the books at the time he was dispensible... hope his improvement continues.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote:IMO all teams suffer from "lessons learned"... the amount of potential on the books of most teams means some are going to slip through the net and be moved on Wilks maybe one but compared to all the rest on the books at the time he was dispensible... hope his improvement continues.
maybe only be League One but 22 goals in a season is quite a good effort. And promotion into the bargain

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Journalists trying to link Raph away, now saying Man City want him.

For me Raph stays no matter what this summer and no excuses from Radz.

Next summer start the bidding at £70mil.

Add another 20% on for any of those involved in the Money League attempt.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reading wonderkid Michael Olise won the Championship Young Player Of The Year yesterday.

He for me would be an ideal signing for us and a potential successor to Raph in the distant future?

Only 19.

Can play Central Midfield, Attacking Midfield or on the Left Wing.

6 goals and 10 assists this season.

He would be a priority signing for me.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:(

Missed our chance last.summer imo, far to much competition now.

Well done Victor :clap:

£35mil was a more than fair price, we paid only £5mil less for Rodrigo Moreno who says himself he isnt a lone striker or a cm.

i will never understand why they picked the Rodrigo they did.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Yesterday showed we desperately need better cover at cdm. Yes llorente, koch and struijk can fill in there if absolutely necessary but this season has shown we struggle to win games with any of them in that position.

Desperately need a creative central midfielder to replace roberts and klich.

Desperately need a new winger to replace harrison.

Desperately need a new left back.

4 big new signings should do it for me!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The pretty reliable Mike McGrath from the Telegraph has a new link for us.

Club Brugge attacker Noa Lang, former Ajax player and current Dutch Youth International.

Plays primarily on the left wing but has played right wing and central midfield.

16 goals and 10 assists this season.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm The pretty reliable Mike McGrath from the Telegraph has a new link for us.

Club Brugge attacker Noa Lang, former Ajax player and current Dutch Youth International.

Plays primarily on the left wing but has played right wing and central midfield.

16 goals and 10 assists this season.
I could imagine us being linked with him before. Not sure if that would be a regular occurrence or just a one off? But we definitely need more goals from midfield.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Disappointed that we're letting Bogusz go without giving him a chance. There is a real talent there. Struijk shows that they're good enough if we give them a chance.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Paddy will likely sign a new contract in the summer.

The club also plan on opening new.contract talks with Dallas and Roberts.

Maybe Phillips also according to Graham.

Raph should be top of the list before all of those imo.

Dallas has a contract until 2023 and tbh i doubt we would get many offers for him despite his form given his age and the fact he has spent all his career until he is 30 in the lower leagues.

Wouldn't be a priority for me at all.

Roberts hasnt in any way earned a new deal, only reason you would offer him one is to hopefully sell him for more cash, deserves no wage rise.

KP erm not sure id offer him a new deal either given his new deal has 3 years to run.

But aslong as it doesnt impact our transfer business fair enough
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I'm interested what happens to the 10 loanees when they come back.
Not sure of their contract status but Edmonson, Douglas, Temenunzukov and Hosannagh. I wonder have a future here. And of course De Bock is still around somewhere. I think they have come to the end of the road

I believe that the Bogusz will stay in Poland, Stevens Gotts and McAlmont all were liked by Bielsa at one point but If they will go out again too.. I wonder what the point really is? They should be getting to their breakthrough season by now. Joffy and his U23 mates look better options now
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm I'm interested what happens to the 10 loanees when they come back.
Not sure of their contract status but Edmonson, Douglas, Temenunzukov and Hosannagh. I wonder have a future here. And of course De Bock is still around somewhere. I think they have come to the end of the road

I believe that the Bogusz will stay in Poland, Stevens Gotts and McAlmont all were liked by Bielsa at one point but If they will go out again too.. I wonder what the point really is? They should be getting to their breakthrough season by now. Joffy and his U23 mates look better options now
Maybe it's rose-tinted specs since he's one of our own Ian but I think Bielsa might have a good look at McCalmont this summer as potential backup to Kalvin.

Apart from him, I'd like to see what Bogusz has about him in years to come - the mooted Legia deal with a fixed-price buy-back option would be fair enough.

For the rest, we are likely to be looking to generate income by selling them at a profit like other PL clubs I assume.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:48 pm Paddy will likely sign a new contract in the summer.

The club also plan on opening new.contract talks with Dallas and Roberts.

Maybe Phillips also according to Graham.

Raph should be top of the list before all of those imo.

Dallas has a contract until 2023 and tbh i doubt we would get many offers for him despite his form given his age and the fact he has spent all his career until he is 30 in the lower leagues.

Wouldn't be a priority for me at all.

Roberts hasnt in any way earned a new deal, only reason you would offer him one is to hopefully sell him for more cash, deserves no wage rise.

KP erm not sure id offer him a new deal either given his new deal has 3 years to run.

But aslong as it doesnt impact our transfer business fair enough
Roberts! Why ffs? :roll: He's only played as Rodrigo was injured.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm I'm interested what happens to the 10 loanees when they come back.

I think Bogusz and Kun have got a lot of talent and I'd keep Gotts and McCalmont around. The rest are not good enough.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:58 pm I think Bogusz and Kun have got a lot of talent and I'd keep Gotts and McCalmont around. The rest are not good enough.
Not seen much of Kun.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:10 pm Maybe it's rose-tinted specs since he's one of our own Ian but I think Bielsa might have a good look at McCalmont this summer as potential backup to Kalvin.

Apart from him, I'd like to see what Bogusz has about him in years to come - the mooted Legia deal with a fixed-price buy-back option would be fair enough.

For the rest, we are likely to be looking to generate income by selling them at a profit like other PL clubs I assume.
McCalmont had that game against Arsenal didn't he? I think he is a real prospect.
'