Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion- No more incomings for us.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Summer 2021 squad and transfer discussion.

Post by lufc1304 »

Pykie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:40 pm Passed medical, announcement Thursday UK time.

Described by one journo who covers u/18, u/23 and the England Youth teams as the best #6/#8 to come through the English youth system in over a decade. Was PL2 Div 1 u/23 player of the month twice this past season and Captain of the Chelsea u/18 side when he was in it.

His passing ability, ball striking and ability to unlock defenses as "unparralled in a competition that features more elite youth than anywhere else in the world" according to this scribe.

Some Chelsea coaches believe he's better than Billy Gilmour.

I expect him to give Shackleton/Roberts windburn and feature pretty regularly as cover for KP, Dallas or Klich.

We now own 4 current members of the England u/19 squad. : Bate, Gelhardt, Greenwood, Cresswell.
Thanks for the info, mate :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sounds a prospect, some players just mature early. Hopefully he's one of those
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Conor Gallagher could move to Leeds on a loan-deal. I personally really like him, an upgrade to Klich?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looks like Kvaratskhelia is off to Milan. Gutted. :cry: I was hoping we'd follow up interest in him.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I also don’t mind Gallagher, but what’s the point if MB works his magic as he did with Ben White and we have no (economical) option to benefit? Since when did we become Chelsea’s academy?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:00 am Looks like Kvaratskhelia is off to Milan. Gutted. :cry: I was hoping we'd follow up interest in him.
Don't worry.

We are going to wait a few more weeks to see if Chelsea will deem us worthy of borrowing Conor Gallagher for an extortionate fee.

And then later on in the window we will beg for Dan James apparently :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:03 pm Don't worry.

We are going to wait a few more weeks to see if Chelsea will deem us worthy of borrowing Conor Gallagher for an extortionate fee.

How depressing, and no doubt true. :cry:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:03 pm Don't worry.

:lol: :lol: Well said Cjay :clap:

I'd prefer it if we gave Scum n Chelsea two fingers ;-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cheer up lads......remember how late we signed Raphinha last season :-D
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm Cheer up lads......remember how late we signed Raphinha last season :-D
Yeah, I think Koch came early, but not prematurely ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm Cheer up lads......remember how late we signed Raphinha last season :-D
Remember that if Victor had had his way we would have signed Dan James and Josko Gvardiol not Raphinha and Diego Llorente. :)

Basically we need to hope his 1st choice targets all fall through :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pm Yeah, I think Koch came early, but not prematurely ;-)
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 pm Remember that if Victor had had his way we would have signed Dan James and Josko Gvardiol not Raphinha and Diego Llorente. :)

I think Gvardiol will end up being better than Llorente though. Gutted we didn't get him, but in the positive, Struijk ended up playing instead.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'm sorry but Dan James would seriously show a lack of ambition!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 pm Remember that if Victor had had his way we would have signed Dan James and Josko Gvardiol not Raphinha and Diego Llorente. :)

Raph and Llorente may have been the 1st choice targets but impossible to get earlier in the window. At some point of the window you have to work out whether it is better to keep waiting in vain for the first choice target or move to somone lower on the list who is avallable - we all saw what happened with Dan James when it collapsed at the last second and who knows we might have got promoted that season if we'd gone for a lesser target that came in and scored a couple of crucial goals (i.e.v Sheff Utd).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

They're the same every season tbf ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Remember that Bielsa is a big Dan James fan
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:47 pm Remember that Bielsa is a big Dan James fan
Never believe the "Bielsa is a big fan" stuff tbh

He hasnt spoken to the media and told anyone that so its guesswork or at best 2nd or 3rd hand.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:32 pm Never believe the "Bielsa is a big fan" stuff tbh

He hasnt spoken to the media and told anyone that so its guesswork or at best 2nd or 3rd hand.
I never believe the anti Orta stuff so there's that... Bielsa wouldn't stay if he had no input to player purchase and to be honest I don't think Rads and Orta would adopt a f**k what the manager wants policy
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 pm I never believe the anti Orta stuff so there's that... Bielsa wouldn't stay if he had no input to player purchase and to be honest I don't think Rads and Orta would adopt a f**k what the manager wants policy
Dont think MB has no input, as you say he wouldn't stand for that.

Do think that Orta convinces MB on players though.

MB will have his own targets in mind as he always has had at every club and Orta will have his and they discuss.

Orta convinces Bielsa imo a bit like he does with his presentations to players that he does
Signed

King Cjay