Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm We deserved to beat Everton last time but needed the class of Raph to do it in the end, we will miss him vs Everton.

Wont be easy, Everton are a better away team this season than a home one and so are we unfortunately.

With our injuries we really are down to Championship squad and as Norwich, Sheffield United etc found out that only gets you so far in this league.

That being said we have every chance imo.

Meslier

Ayling
Struijk
Coops
Ali

KP

Costa (unfortunately) Summerville (i hope).
Harrison
Dallas (because i think Pablo is done here sadly)
Klich.

Paddy.

Thats what i expect.

I dont like Dallas at cm it generally hasnt worked, did vs Leicester so im fine with him at cm.

Costa has looked devoid of confidence for ages, u23 reports suggest he was poor again and he missed from less than 6 yards out.

He shouldn't start but he is part of MB's main group so he will.
Costa did miss from 6 yards out, a dropping cross/ball he hit first time with the side of his foot...very difficult technique. Your sources are wrong he played 45 and dominated the game for us...including hitting the post and forcing a decent save all the while linking well with Drameh
Honey dipped flim flam
Lumiukko
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds v Everton 03 Feb match thread

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:12 pm Forgot about Pablo to be fair, yeah he gets on the bench..but for Sommerville. Huggins gives us something very good at LWB and CMF
Don't get me wrong, would love to see Summerville and Huggins. Both look real talents, and Drameh will be starting for us next season at some point.
Lumiukko
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:23 pm Costa did miss from 6 yards out, a dropping cross/ball he hit first time with the side of his foot...very difficult technique. Your sources are wrong he played 45 and dominated the game for us...including hitting the post and forcing a decent save all the while linking well with Drameh
Yes, I thought he played well too. However it is the U23s so does not tell us everything. Maybe he just needs the minutes to get sharp? I think he does have talent, and perhaps will surprise us all come Wednesday.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Costa missed a sitter for the U23s today, Bielsa will have noted both that and his crap introduction against Leicester, so at a stretch we might get an alternative starter or sub on the wing.

Huggins scored, but Gelhardt was the standout today, I hope he gets a run late on v Everton if the scoreline permits.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

From Ancelotti's press conference

“Delph is back in the squad, Allan not yet, Gbamin not yet. Pickford is out with a side injury. He won’t be available for the game [tomorrow] but I hope for Saturday.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

More from Ancelotti

On Leeds
“Leeds are in a good position, it’s always entertaining games against them. Of course it will be difficult, they beat us at Goodison. We have confidence because away usually we do better, but we have to know it will be a game with a lot of intensity"

On Bielsa
“I met him only one time and it was not good for me, because we lost! I hope to equalise tomorrow!”

On Bamford
“Honestly I didn’t know Bamford, he plays really well and is a really god striker. I didn’t know him before, but I have to say he is a fantastic striker. Maybe Dominic is more powerful, but in-game Bamford is really intelligent.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 pm Yes, I thought he played well too. However it is the U23s so does not tell us everything. Maybe he just needs the minutes to get sharp? I think he does have talent, and perhaps will surprise us all come Wednesday.
Playing in the premier league as oppose to youth level is a totally different ball game as you implied Lumi.

Costa is not the answer!
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:25 pm “Honestly I didn’t know Bamford, he plays really well and is a really god striker.
The typo fits :)
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

we laid the blueprint at Leicester. Follow the same plan, stay patient, not too gung ho, and we can match everton for sure.
Lumiukko
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lumiukko »

One for sure, we're going to need to watch the antics of Richarlison and Rodriguez. They're prone to throwing themselves to the ground looking for free kicks and penalties, so Cooper needs to keep his shirt pulling and man-handling to a minimum.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wont be able to watch this one tomorrow.

Everton may not be top six but they have some cracking players.

We will need to be careful
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
gessa

Post by gessa »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:48 pm One for sure, we're going to need to watch the antics of Richarlison and Rodriguez. They're prone to throwing themselves to the ground looking for free kicks and penalties, so Cooper needs to keep his shirt pulling and man-handling to a minimum.
Richarlison is such a bleeding cheat.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

So many variables here. The new pitch, who's injured, pickford being out for them (he's a liability for me) I think Everton would probably fit into the dogged category in the bits i have seen from them. It may be a bit of a slog without our star man. No doubt DCL will be a threat from SP.

I may be tempted by a midfield of Dallas Klich Shack Harrison, and bring Pablo on later in the game. You get better defensive cover with Dallas, and Shack brings extra legs. Costa is a liability when it comes to defending. Difficult one to call this. Everton are also inconsistent.

Sadly if the news is true about Pablo's home club being interested in him... then it could well be is last season here at Leeds. At Pablo's age there is no point sitting on the bench every week in the rain. It will be a travesty that the fans can't give him the rousing sendoff he deserves.
Leeds1000
First Team
First Team

Post by Leeds1000 »

Just reading one of their forums (grandoldteam) its chalk and cheese compared to the LC boards. The LC fans thought it was a walk in the park and were thinking in terms of how many goals they would beat us by. In contrast the Everton fans are very negative in their outlook and lots of them predicting a loss. Most of them want a defensive formation with the chance of nicking a goal. Must be the Ancelotti effect.

I know LC were on a great run and Everton have taken 1 point from 6 but the contrast sums up how fickle fans are.
WestgateRun
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WestgateRun »

I'm not expecting much from the new pitch.
The weather has been awful recently: heavy rain some days, cold and miserable most days, some with snow.
At least it will be well watered in.
Allrounder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Allrounder »

Any team news?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 pm Richarlison is such a bleeding cheat.
Can't stand the man, verbally aggressive too
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Team news usually an hour before kick off
Honey dipped flim flam
Allrounder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Allrounder »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm Team news usually an hour before kick off
Thanks, was more interested in 'rumours' :-D
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Leeds Live has posted the 'squad' and Raphinha, Rodrigo and Bamford are are in it but I reckon they have just included everyone without any real knowledge of whether they are available or not.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden