Angus Kinnear

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Angus Kinnear

Post by 1964white »

Angus Kinnear joins the club from West Ham

Leeds United are pleased to announce the appointment to the Board of Angus Kinnear as Managing Director.

Angus joins the club after spending the past three years as Managing Director at West Ham United where he presided over the Hammers move from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium, growing the season ticket base to over 50,000 and doubling commercial revenue.

Prior to his spell at West Ham, Angus spent a decade at Arsenal as the Gunner’s Director of Marketing, Sales and Partnerships.

During his time with Arsenal, he led the club’s sales and marketing strategy for the Emirates Stadium and the surrounding property regeneration before focusing on growing Arsenal’s brand and commercial interests internationally.

Speaking about the appointment, Leeds United chairman Andrea Radrizzani said, “I am delighted to bring in a Managing Director of Angus’ calibre and experience and on behalf of everyone at Leeds United, I would like to wish him a very warm welcome to the club.

“I have experienced working with Angus in the past and I am confident his commercial experience and management skills will help to bring Leeds United to the next level of engagement for partners and fans.

“Angus has an excellent track record during leading roles at Arsenal and West Ham and I am sure he will contribute a great deal to the club.

“I am looking forward to working with him as we drive Leeds United forward into a new era.

Angus Kinnear will officially join the club on 8th June 2017.
1964white

Re: New MD confirmed....

Post by 1964white »

He becomes Chairman Andrea Radrizzani’s first major management appointment to the club staff and is looking forward to the challenge.
“It is a privilege to have the opportunity to join this great club with its legendary fan base,” said Kinnear.
“I share Andrea's ambitious vision and will work tirelessly to realise this club's immense potential and make our supporters proud.
“I am confident that with our supporters, team and board united, we will become a formidable force.”
Like this
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:He becomes Chairman Andrea Radrizzani’s first major management appointment to the club staff and is looking forward to the challenge.
“It is a privilege to have the opportunity to join this great club with its legendary fan base,” said Kinnear.
“I share Andrea's ambitious vision and will work tirelessly to realise this club's immense potential and make our supporters proud.
“I am confident that with our supporters, team and board united, we will become a formidable force.”
Like this
Positive Positive Positive :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Seems to fit the bill to fulfil Radz vision of the club raising revenue via other sources than football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Seems to fit the bill to fulfil Radz vision of the club raising revenue via other sources than football.
Certainly no mug mate, looks a top appointment :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Definitely think the main reason AR chose us rather than any other championship team is our worldwide fanbase and the fact our name is known the world over. For all we are a sleeping giant internationally due to lack of success all it needs is for the club to get back into the premiership and the giant will wake and there will be a fortune to be made. For all other teams, such as a Bournemouth or a Brighton, may have overtaken us in terms of their immediate league status they do not have any real worldwide appeal and as such no sleeping market to tap into. If AR gets things right at Leeds he will make a lot of money.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

weasel wrote:

Definitely think the main reason AR chose us rather than any other championship team is our worldwide fanbase and the fact our name is known the world over. For all we are a sleeping giant internationally due to lack of success all it needs is for the club to get back into the premiership and the giant will wake and there will be a fortune to be made. For all other teams, such as a Bournemouth or a Brighton, may have overtaken us in terms of their immediate league status they do not have any real worldwide appeal and as such no sleeping market to tap into. If AR gets things right at Leeds he will make a lot of money.
I hope he gets very rich.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Rads deffo building us up. Big-hitters at Leeds finally.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Looks like a good appointment. The whole Monk thing has sent us (fans) into a bit of a tailspin, but it would seem that Radz has very definite ideas about how he sees things off the pitch. A well run club is more likely to succeed than a basket case like we've been for a dozen years or so. I'm confident the business that is Leeds United will become stronger under AR, he just needs to ensure the on-field side of things is in order, too.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Angus Interview

Post by Cjay »

For anyone who wants a good laugh.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.york ... 085469/amp

Buy your season tickets or your DENYING the club transfer funds.
We want the playoffs NEXT season.(ambitious teams say we want promotion but not us).
Objectives havent changed (playoffs at a minimum or Heckys out then, good).
The board have agreed a recruitment strategy with Victor and Hecky (god help us ).
Give us your cash!!!! Ticket sales are down!!!!

Thats about it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Re: Angus Interview

Post by johnny wadd »

"The board have agreed a recruitment strategy with Victor and Hecky (god help us )."
so its more dross to replace dross
1964white

Re: Angus Interview

Post by 1964white »

johnny wadd wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:51 pm "The board have agreed a recruitment strategy with Victor and Hecky (god help us )."
so its more dross to replace dross
:rol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Angus Kinnear Interview

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Here's the interview Angus did today on The Square Ball. I really like this guy's honesty and humility. He talks about how far they're pursuing Ben White - but says they have a few alternatives. He mentions about 100 million on transfers - but that includes wages, signing bonuses, agent fees, etc.

Really worth a listen:

https://play.acast.com/s/thesquareball/ ... guskinnear
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Angus Kinnear Interview

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning Andrew

Just listened to this whilst walking the dog, Angus comes across really well, really open and definitely a Leeds one of us
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Confirms, if any confirmation were necessary, that we're in really good hands, being professionally run by a team with ambition, who understand and are realistic about what is needed to get Leeds United competing at the top again.

Each new revelation about Marcelo fills me with awe; that this man is committed to Leeds is the best piece of footballing good fortune that a fan could hope for.

Those still quibbling about his 'stubbornness', or being negative about transfer activity haven't got a clue imo. I think we're in for a very exciting ride over the next year or two, and beyond.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

SaraM wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:11 pm Confirms, if any confirmation were necessary, that we're in really good hands, being professionally run by a team with ambition, who understand and are realistic about what is needed to get Leeds United competing at the top again.

Each new revelation about Marcelo fills me with awe; that this man is committed to Leeds is the best piece of footballing good fortune that a fan could hope for.

Those still quibbling about his 'stubbornness', or being negative about transfer activity haven't got a clue imo. I think we're in for a very exciting ride over the next year or two, and beyond.
Couldn't agree more :tup:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SaraM wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:11 pm Confirms, if any confirmation were necessary, that we're in really good hands, being professionally run by a team with ambition, who understand and are realistic about what is needed to get Leeds United competing at the top again.

With so many terrible owners, from Mike Ashley to the Allams, not to mention Wigan, Blackpool and those are only off the top of my head (and not including our own past nightmares), you'd think a bit of stability would do some good, wouldn't you?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just listened to the interview.

Up until today I wasnt looking forward to the new season.

I was happy with the fact we were promoted on the back of a great season, and the thought of it all starting again worried me more than anything.

But now I feel a bit more revved up.

Some thoughts. An extra £1M per TV match. A good season could see us feature in 15 to 20 live games. Ching ching.
And a £1M per place in the prem. It just shows how this league is awash with cash if you can get it right on the field.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Angus Kinnear speaks out...

Post by Smudge3920 »

AK explains Elland Road pitch issues and details Leeds United stadium development plan
Leeds United chief executive Angus Kinnear has written about the reaffirmed commitment to modernise and improve Elland Road after the recent trip to awe-inspiring Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Angus Kinnear has reaffirmed Leeds United’s commitment to transforming Elland Road into one of Europe’s best stadiums following the trip to Tottenham Hotspur.
In the Brighton & Hove Albion programme, the Whites’ chief executive wrote about the trip to the capital a fortnight ago when Tottenham Hotspur Stadium blew the United contingent away.Kinnear said work would begin this summer, starting with the reconstruction of the pitch, which was criticised during Leeds' 1-0 loss against the Seagulls.The surface would have been relaid in the close season, but the tighter schedule between seasons made that process impossible.
“The visit to Spurs’ spectacular new stadium reinforced the infrastructure gap we face between where we are and where we need to be,” he said.
“The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium generates five times the revenue of Elland Road each and every matchday and this is a commercial advantage that transfers directly to the pitch.
“The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium generates five times the revenue of Elland Road each and every matchday and this is a commercial advantage that transfers directly to the pitch.
“The process will start in the summer with the key technical element, a full reconstruction of the Elland Road playing surface.
“We had intended to do this last summer, but the process takes 14 weeks and so simply couldn’t be executed in a close season so dramatically shortened by the pandemic.
“The current Elland Road surface received justifiable criticism last year as the ancient drainage system was unable to deal with the torrential rain we experienced across December.”
Kinnear made it clear any criticism should not be levelled at the club’s ground staff, who have done a marvellous job to even get the pitch playable.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Angus Kinnear speaks out...

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds United CEO Angus Kinnear reveals bids for 'marquee talent' and issues Kalvin Phillips reassurance in wake of Jack Grealish Manchester City move
Leeds United have received offers for some of their 'marquee talent' this summer according to CEO Angus Kinnear but entertained none of them.
The chief executive, speaking on The Square Ball podcast, did not reveal which of Marcelo Bielsa's star players had attracted interest from elsewhere but hinted that it was those at the heart of the side who finished in the Premier League top 10 last season.Responding to a question about Jack Grealish' s departure from Aston Villa to join Manchester City, Kinnear said that particular scenario was a warning for clubs like Leeds to heed right now, not just in the future but despite receiving offers in the 'tens of millions' the Whites' position on their key men is clear.
"This summer we've received a number of firm expressions of interest and some offers for players that would be perceived as our marquee talent and interest in the players at the level below that," he said."Even the level below that is in the tens of millions. None of them have been entertained, no discussions or negotiations have taken place. The first objective for this season in the transfer window was holding the team together. I know clubs never get any credit for that, but Illan [Meslier], Kalvin [Phillips], Patrick [Bamford], those players, Stuart Dallas, those right at the core of what we've done, they're not for sale. We've made it clear to the market they're not for sale. I think that will be the core of our success next season that we've resisted any of those types of offers."
Grealish's £100m British record move to the Etihad ended his 19-year stay with boyhood club Villa and while Kinnear admits the lure of success at Manchester City was too strong, he's confident Leeds can keep their stars, including homegrown talent Phillips, at the club. A Euro 2020 finalist with England, Phillips' stock has continued to rise but he has three years left on his current deal.
"The reality is that ultimately, and this has been proven by Aston VIlla, a hugely ambitious club, really well run, really well backed, but the lure of Champions League and playing for a team that's going to win trophies turned the player's head," said Kinnear.
"I know from Christian [Purslow], Aston Villa's CEO, that they didn't have to sell him, even at that value, and they wanted to keep him but when the player wants to go you have a problem. "Our job, which I think Marcelo, Victor and Andrea are fantastic at, is making sure all the players feel wanted and valued and they can grow at Leeds United.
"Kalvin is a long-term pillar for the club. We'll work with him and his representatives to make sure he feels valued and motivated and wants to be at Leeds United. At the moment he's got three years on his contract, it's a healthy contract and we don't need to rush into any of these things. But we defend interest in our players very vigorously in the market place."
:tup: :clap: