Covid Vaccination

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid Vaccination

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:35 pm Getting my vaccination jag tomorrow, local sports centre been adapted as a vaccination site
Excellent Lorimer :tup:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

I’m getting my first jab on Friday at the local GP.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:16 pm Excellent Lorimer :tup:
Yup hopefully we can start to move on towards some kind of normality
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:19 pm Yup hopefully we can start to move on towards some kind of normality
Can't wait, so many things to catch up on :tup:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:38 pm Nurse Ivan & Nurse Yuri are waiting for you... 8-)

:mrgreen:
:shock:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:
Mine is in Salisbury Cathedral.....
Hope you don't have to mount the spire to get it - 404 feet as I recall, highest in Britain. :)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Of course these days there's more than one way of getting high(er).
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:44 am Hope you don't have to mount the spire to get it - 404 feet as I recall, highest in Britain. :)
So do I mate....

I get dizzy standing on the kerb.... :) :)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

So do I mate....

I get dizzy standing on the kerb.... :)
I do that some days about 11 p.m.

It's only 'cos I'm looking around for the taxi - you'd think I could remember that we don't have taxis here! :dun:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

..and by the way, I don't think anyone has the right to say that we should all be vaccinated so as not to infect others.
The death rate has been extremely low in percentage terms and i still believe we should have adopted the Swedish approach - let people get it and get over it.
It is absolutely impossible to keep sufferers from non-sufferers. The wearing of masks is a joke because you are still breathing the same air, although it may take a while longer to get to you.

Let's face it, the air that is expelled from a person's lungs has to be replenished by oxygenated air for them to survive, and it can't be replenished from the air in your mask, so there has to be a circulated source, which can include the virus, and an expelled source, you, which potentially contains the virus.

All I ask is, think about it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cyprus has said it will open its borders to vaccinated Britons from the start of May - but UK government travel restrictions will still be in force.

The Cypriot government said those who had both Covid jabs could travel there without restrictions from the 1st May.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Norm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 am Let's face it, the air that is expelled from a person's lungs has to be replenished by oxygenated air for them to survive, and it can't be replenished from the air in your mask, so there has to be a circulated source, which can include the virus, and an expelled source, you, which potentially contains the virus.

All I ask is, think about it.
Is it not a bit like wearing a condom. Not because it guarantees 100% safety, but it stops most of the stuff you don't want most of the time...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 am Is it not a bit like wearing a condom. Not because it guarantees 100% safety, but it stops most of the stuff you don't want most of the time...
I haven't had my annual cold bug this winter, there again I haven't been mixing with my pals attending Leeds games or playing my favourite sport.

The Mrs & I will continue to wear our masks even after we've had both jabs, over the years you see so many folk coughing into the air without using a hanky/tissue, so better to be safe, stay well & avoid any bugs imo!
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:33 am The Mrs & I will continue to wear our masks even after we've had both jabs, over the years you see so many folk coughing into the air without using a hanky/tissue, so better to be safe, stay well & avoid any bugs imo!
I never get sick, apart from hangovers, I seem immune to all colds, fevers, bugs, the flu etc. But everyone saying how noticeably fewer illnesses are going around because of hygiene and masks.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Mountain wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm I never get sick, apart from hangovers, I seem immune to all colds, fevers, bugs, the flu etc. But everyone saying how noticeably fewer illnesses are going around because of hygiene and masks.
Is your name Damien? Do you have an unusual tattoo on your scalp?.....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team

Post by Lorimer46 »

Has anyone who has had the vaccination jab suffered any side effects ? I've been a bit groggy today after receiving mine yesterday, a few aches and pains too but thats fairly normal for me come Friday night and the end of the working week
Gang aft agley "
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lorimer46 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 pm Has anyone who has had the vaccination jab suffered any side effects ? I've been a bit groggy today after receiving mine yesterday, a few aches and pains too but thats fairly normal for me come Friday night and the end of the working week
My sister had nausea, sickness and a bad headache for two days, my aunt couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Lorimer46 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 pm Has anyone who has had the vaccination jab suffered any side effects ? I've been a bit groggy today after receiving mine yesterday, a few aches and pains too but thats fairly normal for me come Friday night and the end of the working week
I had the shivers for a couple of hours during the night, tired and off it the next day, fuzzy head too.

Strange thing was, I had the injection in my left arm but had an ache in the same area of my right arm, sister, brother and brother in law had the same feeling..weird.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 pm Has anyone who has had the vaccination jag suffered any side effects ? I've been a bit groggy today after receiving mine yesterday, a few aches and pains too but thats fairly normal for me come Friday night and the end of the working week
The Mrs & I both had the Pfizer jab

No side effects whatsoever fortunately
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team

Post by Lorimer46 »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 pm My sister had nausea, sickness and a bad headache for two days, my aunt couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours...
I woke up this morning with a serious headache, bit like I'd been on the beer Still feeling a bit nauseous
Gang aft agley "