Report: Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani keen to takeover Valencia

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Report: Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani keen to takeover Valencia

Post by Allrounder »

Apologies if this has already been posted or if such "reports" are not allowed to post here.

By Alani Adefunmiloye -28 December, 2020
Leeds United

According to Spanish outlet Marca, Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani is keen to oversee a takeover of La Liga giants Valencia.

The club current owner Peter Lim appears willing to sell his stakes having fallen out of favour with the fans and due to the economic situation the coronavirus pandemic has put the side in, and it seems Radrizzani is looking to move.

The Italian helped Leeds return to the top-flight this year after arriving at Elland Road in January 2017 to buy 50% of the club’s shares.

Radrizzani purchased the remaining 50% shares from former co-owner Massimo Cellino four months later and completed the purchase of Elland Road the following month, making the stadium the property of Leeds for the first time since 2004.

The Whites returned to the top-flight this summer following a 16-year absence, and the Italian businessman reckons he coukpd help make Valencia one of La Liga’s bigwigs once again.

While there are doubts over whether Radrizzani could finance a takeover, Marca claims he could be backed by American funds to allow him to clear the club’s current debts.

Valencia won the La Liga in 2004, but have struggled to come close to replicating those heroics of recent, and they could do with a new owner.

Radrizzani has shown that he has what it takes to revive a fallen giant after helping Leeds return to the English top-flight, and Valencia fans would be open to a change in direction.

Whether that would affect his commitment to Leeds is unknown, but it will surely bring back rumours of Qatar Sports Investments’ interest in buying the club.

The cordial relationship between QSI chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi and Radrizzani has continued to fuel speculations that a deal could be on the cards, and that could happen should the Italian move for Valencia.

Source: https://sportslens.com/report-leeds-uni ... ia/323810/
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Report: Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani keen to takeover Valencia

Post by The Subhuman »

Perfectly reasonable post to make ..but I think we did it a month or so ago. There is a thread IIRC
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

We did, part of 23 November Breakfast Debate thread.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Not sure how I feel about it.

This isn't some two-bit Segunda División team, it's Valencia. They have a history and pedigree up there with the best in Spain and arguably as much if not more potential that Leeds.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:32 pm Not sure how I feel about it.

This isn't some two-bit Segunda División team, it's Valencia. They have a history and pedigree up there with the best in Spain and arguably as much if not more potential that Leeds.
Don't worry he'd sell us to QVC first and take Bielsa with him..We could afford the best players/manager then, build a new stadium 30 miles outside Leeds and play in blue...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Italian media has been a buzz with rumours Radz is about to buy Serie A side Salernitana.

The current owner has to sell because he also holds an interest in another Serie A side and you cant own an interest in 2 of them.

Radz was in Salerno this week which is where Salernitana is and a local media source tracked him down.

He had this to say

Radrizzani was asked if he’d visited Salerno earlier that day, and replied: “I already know where you want to go with this question, I apologise but I can’t say anything right now, we’ll see what happens. Tomorrow I will be in Rome at the stadium, I promised my son that I would take him to see an Italy match at the European Championships. I can only say that, beyond football, Paestum is wonderful and you will see me here again. Now we are focused only on Leeds United, a project still under construction with which we want to reap many satisfactions and successes.”

Have to say ive never been keen on Radz owning lots of clubs, financially i dont see how we dont lose out given he isnt that wealthy in footballing terms.

But maybe now with Peter Lowy and the York family taking a proper interest in LUFC we may not lose out?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 am Have to say ive never been keen on Radz owning lots of clubs, financially i dont see how we dont lose out given he isnt that wealthy in footballing terms.

But maybe now with Peter Lowy and the York family taking a proper interest in LUFC we may not lose out?
I would say it is different with Rads as to say Chelsea or City where they are bankrolled by the owners. Rads runs the club as a self sustaining businessman so his actual 'investment' was probably about £50m comprising of his purchase and spending to get out of the championship. With what he has already recouped from the 49ers investment he has likely already got his money back. I would imagine if he bought another club it would be a similar story, initial moderate investment and recoup it as soon as possible. His wealth now is of no real relevance to Leeds now that we have the tv money and are being run as a business. Even investment in the stadium would likely consist of outside investment - be it 49ers, Lowry or someone else with the club getting the money up front and paying back the money using the extra future income the stadium would generate.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It's Bielsa's future I worry about.
We need some stability in this crucial period - the last thing we need is another Cellino-type rampaging through 5 managers in 6 months.
I'm not saying we'd get that but I had hoped Radz would be staying long enough to keep a stable ship and maybe win something.