TV/Radio Football Pundits - Likes/Dislikes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: TV/Radio Football Pundits - Likes/Dislikes

Post by Cjay »

Swear Evra just called Freddie Ljungberg Jamie.

Doesnt he know who he is on with? :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:09 pm :) :-D :) :-D

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 20.06.12.png
Gotta love Emma :love:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Don't hear or see that much of the UK pundits these days.

On the radio Noel with his getttttt innn and Popey are always great.

Ones I used to hate were: Lawrenson, Richard Keys, Jimmy Hill. Plus Robbie Savage and Keane are still knobheads. All of them dickheads we had to put up with when streaming Millwall, Blackburn, Luton TV etc.

Lineker actually looks like Jimmy Hill these days.

Ones I like: Andy Townsend, Wrighty, JFH, Beckford. Emma. Brian Moore rip.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:35 pm Don't hear or see that much of the UK pundits these days.

On the radio Noel with his getttttt innn and Popey are always great.

Ones I used to hate were: Lawrenson, Richard Keys, Jimmy Hill. Plus Robbie Savage and Keane are still knobheads. All of them dickheads we had to put up with when streaming Millwall, Blackburn, Luton TV etc.

Lineker actually looks like Jimmy Hill these days.

Ones I like: Andy Townsend, Wrighty, JFH, Beckford. Emma. Brian Moore rip.

Good choice those six.

Barry Davies will always be my favourite commentator, his commentaries on Leeds matches were legendary

Keys & Andy Gray work for Maylasian TV company Astro these days
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 pm [/b]

Good choice those six.

Barry Davies will always be my favourite commentator, his commentaries on Leeds matches were legendary

Keys & Andy Gray work for Maylasian TV company Astro these days
Cheers 64,

Yeah, forgot about Davies and Motson with his sheepskin jacket.

Stuart Hall is fodder for the pc thread, if only we'd known he could've been strung up outside Maine Road. Vile creature :rant:

I read a rant from Keys the other day about Roy Keane. Keys seems all bitter and twisted as he claims him and yer don't save those were the founders of modern football punditry.

He forgets about Coleman, Moore, Davies, Motson and Hill, etc.

Remember Big Ron with his racist comments when he thought he was off air about Desailly as I recall?
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Classic line from Jermaine Beckford on Radio 5 Live this evening in talking about Burnley’s win over Palace......apparently Burnley “Took the bull by the scruff of the horns” :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:18 pm Classic line from Jermaine Beckford on Radio 5 Live this evening in talking about Burnley’s win over Palace......apparently Burnley “Took the bull by the scruff of the horns” :)
Classic 😅
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:18 pm Classic line from Jermaine Beckford on Radio 5 Live this evening in talking about Burnley’s win over Palace......apparently Burnley “Took the bull by the scruff of the horns” :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Is it just me or does Micah Richards really get on any one else’s Tom’s.........I just find him the most annoying pundit out there at the moment with a seemingly forced laugh at every opportunity....and yes Micah you perhaps mentioned once or twice before that you played for Villa and Man City :rant: How he ever got the gig on MotD2 and Radio 5’s Monday Night Club is beyond me.

I think you do know.

Gary Neville surprisingly is one I like, he's candid, seems unbiased, says it like it is. Beckford is good, I like the Radio Leeds pundits too. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Can't stand Lawrenson ,Mcmanaman or Owen Hargreaves

Like Neville,Carragher,Keane,Souness,Wright all time favourite commentators Gerald Sinstadt and Brian Moore but really didn't like John Motson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:lol:

Poor Gary
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Sky commentator Andy Hinchliffe is AWFUL! I thought we'd left him behind in the Championship but no! He always has to say what someone has done wrong, what he would have done instead, what they should have done, never gives praise and his monotonic voice gets ON MY CHIMES. Awful awful commentator......
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

No-one could possibly be worse than Mark Bosnich here in Australia - a pundit for the A-League

When it comes to supporting commentators - no-one could possibly be worse than Andy Harper here in the A-League but Robbie Slater runs him close.

Then we have the dubious pleasure of Brenton Speed as main commentator who not only commentates on football, but on rugby league and Aussie Rules as well and knows nothing about any of them.

Tommy Smyth who I've come across through ESPN is enough to make you stop following the sport.

But without doubt the worst commentator in sporting history is Phil 'Gus' Gouild who is a supporting commentator for rugby league matches here in Oz. His analysis is based solely on which team he supports or tipped to win.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tim Sherwood had a pop at Bielsa earlier this week.

Well just to show what a cheek he has criticising someone else's job, the man cant even do his own.

Just now on Soccer Saturday Sherwood was talking people through Reading's goal.

"Got the ball out to the left to Ajayi whose the best player for Reading, always looking to probe. He gets it on the left hand side, if you give him time he'll pick a pass, this isnt it comes back out to Ajayi here. Got the time to pick out Aluko unmarked and its a good header".

Thats roughly what he said, seems fine right?

Except the player he was on about was Michael Olise, not Semi Ajayi, Ajayi plays for WBA.

Not even the same league, city or even county

Do some research you absolute donut.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:31 pm Tim Sherwood had a pop at Bielsa earlier this week.

Well just to show what a cheek he has criticising someone else's job, the man cant even do his own.

Just now on Soccer Saturday Sherwood was talking people through Reading's goal.

"Got the ball out to the left to Ajayi whose the best player for Reading, always looking to probe. He gets it on the left hand side, if you give him time he'll pick a pass, this isnt it comes back out to Ajayi here. Got the time to pick out Aluko unmarked and its a good header".

Thats roughly what he said, seems fine right?

Except the player he was on about was Michael Olise, not Semi Ajayi, Ajayi plays for WBA.

Not even the same league, city or even county

Do some research you absolute donut.
He was such a huge success as a manager, fully equipped to comment on Bielsa or anyone else.....not
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm He was such a huge success as a manager, fully equipped to comment on Bielsa or anyone else.....not
Wasn't there something about dressing room revolt at Blackburn when Roy Hodgson was manager there?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I do like Martin Tyler. Think him and Gray were a superb double act and were both klnowledgeable about the game and were a bit part as to why Sky Sports took off. I think a lot of people had got bored of the stale BBC commentaries.

Got a soft spot for Alistair Mann who is a commentator for BBC. Nothing to do with him being any good but he was a commentator on Granda Soccer night and they did a thing every week where they filmed a Sunday League game and we were on it once and every time I hear his voice it reminds me of him commentating on our game. Shame we lost but hey ho.

Can't stand the likes of Shearer or any other failed manager who spouts on as if they know everything and criticise the likes of Bielsa etc. If someone like Shearer had taken over from Heckingbottom we would probably have found ourselves taking a trip to somehwere like Yeovil or Hereford tomorrow.
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:02 pm Wasn't there something about dressing room revolt at Blackburn when Roy Hodgson was manager there?
I think you're correct Swannie.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Here in US, on NBC/NBCSN, for the big game of the day we have Arlo White with one of Graeme Le Saux or Lee Dixon. I like all three, and though I didn't like Graeme or Lee as players, I've warmed to them a lot as pundits. They're all knowledgable and say what they see with very little if no partisanship. Dixon in particular comes across as a really chilled and down to earth lad who you'd like a pint with.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

A presenter rather a than a pundit - but don’t get me started on that vastly overpaid, sanctimonious, self-satisfied, arrogant, virtue signalling toss pot Lineker! I can’t bear to watch match of the day these days because I can’t stand looking at his smug, conceited, face.

Shame really because now we’re in the Prem I wouldn’t mind watching but as long as he’s presenting I can’t do it!