The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 13th November) Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 13th November) Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Friday 13th November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa

Leeds Utd journalist Phil Hay has confirmed what many of us had been thinking. All is not well between veteran midfielder Pablo Hernandez and 'the gaffer' Marcelo Bielsa. Before the squad left for London and during Saturday’s post-match press conference, the players were not aware of what was coming. “He was available and I picked other players,” Bielsa said. “I choose the 18 players who I think are most apt but you can evaluate my decision as wrong.”

Even though Rodrigo was missing with COVID-19 and Leeds’ bench was patched up with under-23s, a fit Hernandez did not travel! Was Bielsa right to drop Hernandez from the squad? Can you see Hernandez leaving in January?

Dallas injured on International duty

Stuart Dallas suffered an arm injury during Northern Ireland's heartbreaking 2-1 defeat against Slovakia last night. The Leeds utility man was left in a heap following an aeriel challenge which left Dallas unable to to bend his arm. Visibly in agony, the 29 year old continued through the pain barrier for a further 100 minutes. Dallas did look to recover, but it could have been adrenaline. We will hear about the gravity of the injury this afternoon, after x-rays.

Costa to make way for Raphinha

Many Leeds fans believe Summer signing Raphinha has shown enough during his short cameo appearances to be awarded a starting place against Arsenal a week on Saturday. The versatile Brazilian can play in the middle behind the striker or as a front man in his career to date, but is expected to continue to provide Bielsa with wide options. Helder Costa was the one to make way in south London, and the former Wolves winger is most likely the one under threat from Raphinha’s presence. Bielsa stated...

Fundamentally he [Raphinha] plays on either wing. He is a player who is naturally very attacking, with ability to get in behind, with dribbling skills. They are virtues to attack and these are skills applicable out wide as well as in the centre.

I won’t say that I won’t use him in any other position but fundamentally I see him as player to play on either wing. He has played in the centre as a striker and attacking midfield but he arrived in our team to be an alternative or option on the wing.

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 13th November) Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB good to have you back, even though Leon did a good job standing in for you

Concerned about this fall out, both are massively loved by the fans but we don’t want any Team Pablo or Team Bielsa - bloody hate people that say this :rant: I hope it’s just a blip and they make up and we can move on with Pablo been part of the game squad.

I always thought Pablo would slowly join the back room staff and eventually go on to be a manager either here or somewhere else.

Dallas is a warrior and very integral to our team so I hope it’s nothing serious

Costa has been very hit and miss since joining us so for me Ralf needs to be given his chance.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 13th November) Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa

Post by Sara »

If this is still about the substitution then Pablo needs to get a grip. I wonder if he's feeling the pressure of coming to the end of his playing career.

Losing Dallas would be another severe blow. Please not.

Harrison has been the winger out of form, for me, rather than Costa. But if Raphinha can play an attacking role through the middle and we don't have Rod or Pablo...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

Rifts can be healed.
Not a great time to be without a key player. We need our leaders on the pitch.

Id like Leeds to recall Dallas as a precaution now, he did look in pain and if it wasnt such an important game he would have been subbed.

Grats to any Scots we have on the forum. Back to Wembley next summer!

Re Raphina, he is looking like quality, hope he gers games soon, though Costa hasnt been that bad. Wingers are inconsistent he will be the same I expect.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Confirmation of a rift between the best manager we’ve had since Wilco and the best player we’ve had since we were last in the Prem is bad news, I hope it gets sorted quickly and amicably before it seriously rocks the boat. We can’t afford that kind of distraction in this league.

Why do Leeds United players always get injured in internationals? I don’t suppose will be the only team to suffer in this respect though.

If I were Bielsa I would have tried Raphinha as a number 10 instead of Roberts by now, I’m sure he couldn’t be any less effective.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

On Hernandez, obviously we don’t know the full details but i’d have preferred to see him benched rather than not travelling at all. I respect Bielsa’s approach but it seems a petty way to piss off a player we might come to rely on this year as we have done in the last few seasons.

It seems he never forgave Pontus, is this another similar scenario, I sincerely hope not!

Strange Bielsa sticks with some players who couldn't cross a road let alone a ball

Managers/coaches somehow need to deal with temperamental players in a different manner, I suspect Fergie had no regrets forgiving Cantona
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Morning all

I thought I'd read somewhere that Pablo and Bielsa had 'made up'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I'm listening to Phil Hay, he hasnt said there is a rift.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:57 am Morning all

I thought I'd read somewhere that Pablo and Bielsa had 'made up'
Bielsa has to learn to deal with temperamental players as he'll experience more problems with top foreign prem stars than the ones he took on managing our championship squad last season.

Big test for Marcelo in the prem, he'll come a cropper if he cuts off his nose to spite his face.

If I was Marcelo I'd be more concerned how we defended that 4th Palace goal, lack of pressing & five defenders in & around the box with not one of them marking Ayew :shock:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Costa to make way for Raphinha
Albeit he is perhaps the best winger to play on the right side, I would rather see him replace Harrison.

Dallas injured on International duty
Playing through pain, sign of a true professional, but adrenalin, and please they did not give him injections to get him through the pain at half time...masking an injury only causes more permanent damage...fingers crossed, we do not need to lose Dallas.

Hay confirms rift between Hernandez and Bielsa
Whatever the problem it needs fixing quick,...Both in a locked room, sort it ..."Side before Self"... I do think it is something to do with Pablo wanting to prove himself, (nothing wrong with that)...MB is also trying to get as much out of him as he can (whats left in the can?)...Pablo does need to be managed well at this stage of his career.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:33 pm Bielsa has to learn to deal with temperamental players as he'll experience more problems with top foreign prem stars than the ones he took on managing our championship squad last season.

Big test for Marcelo in the prem, he'll come a cropper if he cuts off his nose to spite his face.

If I was Marcelo I'd be more concerned how we defended that 4th Palace goal, lack of pressing & five defenders in & around the box with not one of them marking Ayew :shock:
Pablo needs to learn some discipline though. Marcelo is the boss, Pablo needs to remember that
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:41 pm Pablo needs to learn some discipline though. Marcelo is the boss, Pablo needs to remember that
Spot on Swannie...
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Dallas: Been one of our best players this season and we will sorely miss him in the LB position should he have some time out. Thankfully still a good week til our next game so fingers crossed.

Costa/Rapha: Agree that he should play left in place of Harrison. However, if Dallas is injured, might this be the time to try Harrison as a LB and play Rapha in front with Costa on the right?

Pablo/Bielsa: They need to fix the issue 'muy pronto', if they haven't already as we don't need this derailing us at a crucial stage in our season. Hoping it's just the media blowing things out of proportion as clickbait.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Agree with Raphinha for Costa. Not much complaint about what Costa has done this season. But Raphinha is clearly a different class

Hasnt Pablo apologized? I think the incident will be short-lived. But given that, Pablo is really just a squad player for us now. Rodrigo and Raphinha offer much more.

Dallas? Hopefully OK. Just reiterates the point about internationals right now. Still, I think Liverpool have it worse than us.