Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

Post by 1964white »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54894864

I'm struggling to comprehend what was so offensive about Clarke's comments

Clarke used the word 'coloured'

Whereas Tyrone Mings uses the word 'black'

"We're not necessarily asking for the next chairman or chief to be black," Aston Villa's Mings said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54896395

I'm confused
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Re: Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

Post by Chilli D »

No matter what you say these days someone will be offended.
If he had said "players of colour" rather than "coloured players" would that have been considered okay?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Greg Clarke resigns as Football Association chairman after remark about black players

Post by Smudge3920 »

Why can we not just be colour blind?... Refer to a person by his/her nationality of birth ?... Mings for example...He is English end of.

But we all know why that would never be acceptable dont we... :rant:
Side before self & MOT
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:13 am Why can we not just be colour visually impaired?... Refer to a person by his/her nationality of birth ?... Mings for example...He is English end of.

But we all know why that would never be acceptable dont we... :rant:
Fixed that for you :)
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

No matter what term you use someone will take offence, its a no win situation
Aussieleeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Aussieleeds »

Strange that his words are racist... but it’s not racist for Mings to suggest a chairman be chosen based on the colour of his skin.
World. Gone. Mad
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I was extremely offended and highly upset by clarky's outrages non inclusive anti diversity ranting,
Inclusive positive multi cultural diversity, can only be positively encouraged in the diverse sense of a ethnicity positive way :shock:
He seems like the type of non inclusive
Who would deny a former mens NZ weight lifter who now calls him self stephanie
Competing against women weight lifters.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I'm backing Gavin hubbard sorry I mean Laurel Hubbard.....to win the women's olympic gold medal
Especially having all her tackle istill n place.
Another canny bet is philippa York the former great Tour de france rider Robert Miller is now Pippa York

Backing these lovely and talented ladies is a good way of making a few Bob's.

But yourself money on everytime they compete

Casta Semenyeh
Pippa York
Laurel Hubbard
Rachel McKinnon

These ladies will win you money.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

I'm trying to cross a peregine falcon with a seagull
and identifying it as a racing pigeon
This will give me an advantage in channel racing
The falcon side of it will kill other birds in the race when it swoops doon at 180mph
While the seagull side of the racing pigeon will fly over water for fooking days :duno:
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

PC 03.jpg
PC 03.jpg (38.62 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

PC.jpg
Side before self & MOT
hector

Post by hector »

liggy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 am I'm trying to cross a peregine falcon with a seagull
The falcon side of it will kill other birds in the race when it swoops doon at 180mph
While the seagull side of the racing pigeon will fly over water for fooking days :duno:
Good luck with your venture mate....

And if any of the judges say the bird is not allowed or not a pidgeon, call them racist bastards and go to the press with it.........

:tup: :) :)
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Good riddance
We are Premier League
Broad Ford
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Broad Ford »

Why didn't Mr Clarke respond with a report to have appeared in The Christian Recorder of March 1862, a publication of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, where it is presented as an "old adage" in this form: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never break me. But names will never harm me.

Was Clarke asked to step down with a replacement already on stand by?

This seems to me to be a perceived racism and one for the accusers to silence, before people get the chance to discuss the matter and make their own minds up.

Clarke ran away at the first sign of a debate instead of holding his ground and talking, but then talking was never his strong point was it?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

liggy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:24 am I'm trying to cross a peregine falcon with a seagull
genius ...
Honey dipped flim flam
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Honestly, some people! What was he thinking! Everybody knows that putting an adjective before a noun, instead of putting the descriptive word after the noun, when describing ethnicity is unacceptable and racist. How would he like it if someone had called him (and I can hardly bring myself to say it) a wh!te person instead of er um well a person of whiteness? I know if someone had called me that I wouldn’t have slept for months and would need counselling for years (at the taxpayers expense of course). It’s not good enough for him to try and meekly apologise and then resign, for such a heinous and gratuitous use of inflammatory language he should have been sacked on the spot and then burnt at the stake.

And whilst I’m on the subject all those who are advocating that “enough is enough” with regard to taking the knee, and yes I’m looking at you Les Ferdinand, ought to be ashamed of themselves. Who would not want to continue support for this worthy and august organisation? Who I’m delighted to say have applied to become a bona fide political party, based on a Marxist/anarchist ideology, advocating abolition of the nasty police and ultimately the destruction of our iniquitous western society. I mean isn’t this what we all want? Why shouldn’t the FA reflect the public’s wishes and continue bringing politics into football by insisting that all teams pay homage to BLM at the start of every football match for ever and ever?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Brilliant byebyegeegee :lol:
Side before self & MOT
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

FAO Byebyegeegee!!!

One cannot condone burning folk at the stake mind

Since that carry on at Pendle

You's can get into all kinds of bother for setting people a hold these days :fire:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Keep smudger away from matches ffs :roll:
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

liggy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:11 pm FAO Byebyegeegee!!!

One cannot condone burning folk at the stake mind

Since that carry on at Pendle

You's can get into all kinds of bother for setting people a hold these days :fire:
Ok, flogged then!