Table not looking good anymore!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Table not looking good anymore!

Post by 1964white »

Now we are a place above the dreadful five

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 22.03.09.png
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Table not looking good anymore!

Post by Cjay »

It doesnt but despite concerns about our style we havent had much luck.

The 1st Liverpool pen wouldn't be given now, thats 1 point.

The lucky deflection for Wolves, thats another.

The var call today plus 2 deflections.

Injuries, lots of them.

We could easily have 2 or 3 more points.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Which to be fair can be said for most teams that are toward the bottom of the table. BBC commentary said Palace used tactics they hadn't before so MB's previous scouting and game plan was dead in the water very early. I'd imagine he rectifies that for the return game but he got out thought today by the looks of it

The Koch/Coop partnership not looking that good atm. Hopefully that picks up.
Honey dipped flim flam
WhiteRose
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WhiteRose »

We dont look great when considering the last 2 games but the teams below us look alot worse and they pretty much have full strength squads, we are missing crucial players in Phillip's and rodrigo and even though we haven't seen him llorente aswell.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I think we maybe 5 players away from our strongest 11
Honey dipped flim flam
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:37 pm We dont look great when considering the last 2 games but the teams below us look alot worse and they pretty much have full strength squads, we are missing crucial players in Phillip's and rodrigo and even though we haven't seen him llorente aswell.
If Citeh can beat Liddypool tomorrow then it stays at only 6 pts between us in 15th and Saints on 16 pts... 2 games... MB has 2 weeks now to make some decisions and do his magic...
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Whiterose said ...
we are missing crucial players in Phillip's and rodrigo and even though we haven't seen him llorente aswell.
I definately agree mate, with those 3 and Raphina we are without doubt a different side...IMO we do need to start thinking defence at times, and slowing things down at intervals, we are so predictable right now it hurts...
Side before self & MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 pm Now we are a place above the dreadful five

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 22.03.09.png
What on earth did anyone expect! New boys we are and we have to learn to adapt to a new league. For goodness sake, some of us keep saying it....40 points is IMPORTANT!!!!!
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

We will be fine, we beat the corrupt EFL, we just need to defeat the biased VAR............simples
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

Trouble is team are finding out how we play and can easily setup now to counter this, i can only see plenty more defeats than wins, from now on we only have rodrigo and raphina really to come in, and lets hope hernandez will still be with us. too many passengers in our team inlcuding costa, harrison, roberts, aliosky etc..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Main thing is keeping at least 3 teams below us. Thankfully WBA and Fulham look poor and hopefully Burnley and Sheff U don't hit good form.
Senor El Weasel
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:37 pm We dont look great when considering the last 2 games but the teams below us look alot worse and they pretty much have full strength squads, we are missing crucial players in Phillip's and rodrigo and even though we haven't seen him llorente aswell.
Fulham haven't played any of the renown top six team yet, Leicester & Everton up next for the cottagers

Then they have two consecutive games v the big 6 Citeh & Liverpool in early December with Spurs at the end of the festive period
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:58 pm Main thing is keeping at least 3 teams below us. Thankfully WBA and Fulham look poor and hopefully Burnley and Sheff U don't hit good form.
You can include Brighton in those teams below us

If we don't lose to any of those five teams with a high percentage of wins preferable we won't have to worry about them too much

100% so far against Fulham & the Blunts

I'd be really disappointed if we c**k up against that lot too often, mind you the pressure may have a say on our form even v the relegation candidates!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'll echo what Swannie said. We are back in the top tier after 16 years away and yet, on the back of a few decent performances, some were tipping us for top 10, even challenging for Euro spots. The fact is this is going to be a long, tough season where we will take a few spankings when things don't click. But we have enough about us to be fine, especially when missing players come back. All about consolidation this year, a foundation to build on. Perspective.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

stop worrying about over team it's abut us Leeds United we need to aviod the drop this season thats our priority, can't expect anything else but to just finish above the bottom 3
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:35 pm You can include Brighton in those teams below us

If we don't lose to any of those five teams with a high percentage of wins preferable we won't have to worry about them too much

100% so far against Fulham & the Blunts

I'd be really disappointed if we c**k up against that lot too often, mind you the pressure may have a say on our form even v the relegation candidates!
I didn't include Brighton because I feel their performances have deserved more points than they have got so I would expect them to pull away from the other 4.
Senor El Weasel
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Expectations at the start of the season? We'd take finishing 15th at the end of the season.

We've had a couple of lights out performances but we always knew we'd be inconsistent. Signings of Koch, Rodrigo, Raphinha, Llorente may have increased our expectations. I honestly think those are Top 8 quality players but with the exception of Koch, none of them have had time to integrate yet.

We're headed in the right direction. The new players will get more involved. Our championship players will get us through the next year or two as we gradually add more quality.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:17 pm stop worrying about over team it's abut us Leeds United we need to aviod the drop this season thats our priority, can't expect anything else but to just finish above the bottom 3
Exactly, cannot and should not expect anything else. We're 7 points above the drop zone so it's so far so good far as I'm concerned. Once Rodrigo and Phillips are back and Raphinha's starting we'll get positive results again.

Reinforcements in the next window wouldn't go amiss either.