Crystal Palace v Leeds United Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:03 pm Reminds you of the Pontus incident
Yeah im worried for Pablo.

MB does not like any show of disobedience and Pablo was visibly fuming.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds United Match Thread - No spoilers for latecomers please.

Post by Carrick Dave »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 pm Another 4-3 anyone?
We can score 2/3 goals in 45 minutes, with some half-time Bielsa propulsion.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Crystal Palace v Leeds United Match Thread - No spoilers for latecomers please.

Post by Leeds1000 »

What!!!! Only seen once but how is Bamford offside there? If him pointing where he wants the ball played is offside then what's the point?

After the first 10 minutes i thought we controlled the game. We were done by 2 worldies and a fluke. Sounds about right for Leeds doesn't it? Palace have been ordinary, just clinical with their few chances. Bamford took both goals really well to give us hope second half, he looks back on it today.

I just hope this is not turning into one of those spells. We need more invention from the wings. Neither Costa or Harrison seem to drive to the byline like Zaha did for them in the first few minutes.

We are not doing alot wrong yet find ourselves 3-1 behind. Just Ayling and Dallas not quite at the races for me first half. Plenty to play for, we just need a bit of luck to go our way in something for a change.
Finnatic
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Finnatic »

Meslier gets fouled in the build up for the first goal and can’t get across.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

He's got to pull Strujik at half time. No fault of his own, he was having a decent game. Get Raphinha on.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

f**king disgrace that offside decision
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

God is not smiling on us

If this is the Premier League, you can stuff it :(
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Ron Swanson wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:57 pm Costa looks out of nick to me.

I’d consider benching him for a bit, give Raphinha a run of games.
Raphinha is miles better. Now that we've stepped up a level, MB needs to accept we need better players. They can't say they haven't had a chance, as they have, and some aren't the quality needed.
Stan
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Stan »

Bielsa needs to swallow his pride and think about backing the squad up with proven quality, likes of Struijk won't cut it in this league.
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

Irrespective of 'luck' that's now 7 goals conceded in our last two games and counting. Palace aren't that great tbh, but at times they are cutting right through us. Our defence looks well shakey, and having such a small squad in the PL isn't going to cut it. Other than Raphinha, there's no real quality on the bench.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 pm We can score 2/3 goals in 45 minutes, with some half-time Bielsa propulsion.
Palace will score again Davy
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 pm What!!!! Only seen once but how is Bamford offside there? If him pointing where he wants the ball played is offside then what's the point?
Point I was making about the hand: If your foot, head or chest are offside you're stealing an advantage. Since the hand can't be used to play the ball, then it can't possibly be considered to be offside
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Harsh is it sounds i would prefer a more experienced number 1.

I think Meslier has done well given his age but a newly promoted side needs a totally reliable goalie.

I think his inexperience shows some times
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:59 pm He's got to pull Strujik at half time. No fault of his own, he was having a decent game. Get Raphinha on.
I think we need Struijk to back up Klich defensively, we can't afford to concede again.
Last edited by Carrick Dave on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Got to take Harrison on Costa off and put Poveda and on Raphina on

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:01 pm Got to take Harrison on Costa off and put Poveda and on Raphina on

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
This.
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Good point made on the Beeb.

VAR is now denying good football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54674440
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Finnatic wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:58 pm Meslier gets fouled in the build up for the first goal and can’t get across.
I thought that on Meslier, but I kept taking my eyes off the replay to see what was happening between Dann and our 2 CB's. Still need to get another look
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

our best player for today is on the bench called raphina. harrison and costa can run up and down all day long as i keep saying and nothing creative comes from them.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Overman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:00 pm Irrespective of 'luck' that's now 7 goals conceded in our last two games and counting. Palace aren't that great tbh, but at times they are cutting right through us. Our defence looks well shakey, and having such a small squad in the PL isn't going to cut it. Other than Raphinha, there's no real quality on the bench.
Cooper coming back in. Hopefully Llorente can start soon.