USA Elections

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: USA Elections

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 pm I won't be counting my chickens. Too many polls have been wrong recently,
One Pole that's never wrong

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 pm One Pole that's never wrong

He was wrong quite a few times, last night !
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:46 pm How are we all feeling? Must admit I feel a bit nervous, even though everything points to a blowout in favour of Biden. A number of shops and businesses in my neighborhood have pre-emptively boarded up their store fronts in anticipation of potential unrest. Must get out and run my errands shortly as I suspect they'll close up early today.
Got my fingers crossed for ya mate, will be watching North of the 49 here...Good luck
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 pm I won't be counting my chickens. Too many polls have been wrong recently,
My fear too. Just hope it's not PTSD from last time round.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 pm Got my fingers crossed for ya mate, will be watching North of the 49 here...Good luck
Cheers Smudge. Struggling to concentrate with my work for two days in a row now, hopefully tomorrow there's a new president and Saturday an easy win for Leeds to smooth out the week a wee bit.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:05 pm Cheers Smudge. Struggling to concentrate with my work for two days in a row now, hopefully tomorrow there's a new president and Saturday an easy win for Leeds to smooth out the week a wee bit.
No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ... :lol: ...What a guy
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 pm One Pole that's never wrong

:tup: :tup:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:03 pm My fear too. Just hope it's not PTSD from last time round.
Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ... :lol: ...What a guy
Yep, it isn't going to be pretty. Thankfully the generals in the military have no love for him so I can't see them doing anything to undermine the constitution.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm No worries mate, I think you have more chance of an easy win for Leeds than an easy transition of power with Trumpton, even if he loses... he has already told you that he can only lose by the Dem's cheating ... :lol: ...What a guy
Yep, it isn't going to be pretty. Thankfully the generals in the military have no love for him so I can't see them doing anything to undermine the constitution.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:57 pm He was wrong quite a few times, last night !
Best player on the pitch for us so the others must have been rank
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Looking pretty s**t right now. Badly ashamed of the nation I live in right now.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:45 am Looking pretty s**t right now. Badly ashamed of the nation I live in right now.
Yes, looking a bit bleak. Even if Biden does somehow win from here, it shouldn't even be this close. There's already been some trouble in downtown LA and Beverly Hills this evening; looks like the shopkeepers around here were right to board up as I expect some trouble over the next week.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:12 am Yes, looking a bit bleak. Even if Biden does somehow win from here, it shouldn't even be this close. There's already been some trouble in downtown LA and Beverly Hills this evening; looks like the shopkeepers around here were right to board up as I expect some trouble over the next week.
Trump has just overtaken Biden. Terrible. All the swing states they're waiting on, Trump is leading. I'm disgusted with the apathy of this nation
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 am Trump has just overtaken Biden. Terrible. All the swing states they're waiting on, Trump is leading. I'm disgusted with the apathy of this nation
It's gut-wrenching isn't it? Still some big urban counts to be added in the swing states, which will make for some big changes to those numbers, but it will only take one or two failures by Biden from here to lose the election.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:24 am It's gut-wrenching isn't it? Still some big urban counts to be added in the swing states, which will make for some big changes to those numbers, but it will only take one or two failures by Biden from here to lose the election.
I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 am I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
Not my place on this day to be commenting or giving my opinion, did that prior to today, and no doubt we will debate it post election day once the result is made...Just want to say guys, rooting for you and hoping for the right outcome...Keep the faith men...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:46 am Not my place on this day to be commenting or giving my opinion, did that prior to today, and no doubt we will debate it post election day once the result is made...Just want to say guys, rooting for you and hoping for the right outcome...Keep the faith men...
Hoping you have a spare room up there in Canada
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:49 am Hoping you have a spare room up there in Canada
My girlfriend is from Merida in the Yucatan and has a house there. Looks a safe bet I'll move down there if Trump wins this. Crazy to think that Mexico to me feels a more viable long term destination to live.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 am I really can't believe this tbh. I said apathy but could be gullibility or naivety too. Too many Americans believe that Fake news network. I'll admit that all the rioting and protests have probably hurt the Dems. They were misguided and out of control. And Trump really milked them for everything he could.
He did indeed. What.I can't get over is the Latino populations voting for Trump, it's like turkeys voting for Xmas. Sadly for this demographic it's based purely on religious conservative values and preventing more Mexican/Latino immigrants (a snobbishness from immigrants who managed to settle here against their own).