Aston Villa v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Struijk starts in defensive midfield

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Aston Villa v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Struijk starts in defensive midfield

Post by 1964white »

At the time of the game i hadn't realised Bamford won the ball initially laying it off before darting down the pitch to pick up the pieces after great work from Alioski & Harrison

Great work from Klich & fanrastic control from Paddy then with no backlift the ball flies into the top of the net

Lovely move for our third goal with a lovely cut-through pass that drove Costa wide, then a lovely one-two from Shacks & Costa feeding our No.9, that shimmy from Paddy & them curling his shot into the net.

Brilliant all round :supbo: :clape:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dorigo was laughing his head off just as I was doing when Paddy curled that 3rd goal in :roflmao: :lol:
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:49 pm Dorigo was laughing his head off just as I was doing when Paddy curled that 3rd goal in :roflmao: :lol:
It was, dare I say, world class?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I still haven't come down from the high of Friday night and that incredible performance.

You really have to take your hat off to the players, MB, the coaching staff and Radz, Orta, Kinnear and co. They're all doing such a fantastic job.

It's so thrilling to be a Leeds supporter, especially after the tough times we've all suffered through.

I'm so excited about the direction this club is going in and for me the sky's the limit.

I just think Radz and MB especially have completely transformed our club, I hope it stays like this forever .

Really great times 😍
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Great Footage.

For the first goal Shackleton one touch left foot to Rodrigo, one touch left foot to Ali, the same to Harrison, the same to Rodrigo, who takes two touches with his left foot and then Bamford scores with his left peg.

Artistry.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

That Rodrigo long pass to Costa :fire: :fire:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Great footage, rab 👍
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:30 pm That Rodrigo long pass to Costa :fire: :fire:
Cut the Villa defence wide open
1964white

Post by 1964white »

B*gg*r Vardy back on the bench tonight in readiness for our game v Leicester a week tomorrow
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:36 pm B*gg*r Vardy back on the bench tonight in readiness for our game v Leicester a week tomorrow
Who cares. We fear no one.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:48 pm Strangly enough I wouldn't be surprised if Bamford scored 16 goals in the Premier League which would be a decent haul in the top tier of English football
I'm actually surprised at the transformation in Bamford and very pleased for him.

I've been one of his biggest critics, because last season especially his profligacy appeared to be derailing our promotion hopes.

But hey the guy has rolled up his sleeves and tried his guts out, as can be said for lots of others in this side.

Good on him. That hat-trick he got on Friday was brilliant.

Let's not forget people who are legends like Allan Clarke, Shearer, Henry, Etc will also have missed many more than they actually scored.

We really should congratulate the lad for his grit and determination. I still think he could muscle up and get tougher, and he probably will.

I can see him getting 20-25 goals this season.

All hail hat-trick Bamford, I'm proud to have him as our striker.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:40 pm Who cares. We fear no one.
No we don't Moth

Foxes are generally sh*te without Vardy this season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:47 pm I'm actually surprised at the transformation in Bamford and very pleased for him.

I've been one of his biggest critics, because last season especially his profligacy appeared to be derailing our promotion hopes.

But hey the guy has rolled up his sleeves and tried his guts out, as can be said for lots of others in this side.

Let's not forget people who are legends like Allan Clarke, Shearer, Henry, Etc will also have missed many more than they actually scored.

We really should congratulate the lad for his grit and determination. I still think he could muscle up and get tougher, and he probably will.

Strikers feed on confidence

Paddy works so hard for his teammates, Bamford is committed to the Bielsa system & plays it so well.

Pleased for Paddy :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:11 pm Wouldn’t it make nice change for the BBC to bring someone like him in on to MOTD, who actually knows his stuff, rather than persisting with the numpties, sorry “experts” who are on the BBC gravy train, seem to know very little about the game and who, quite clearly, never do any research whatsoever.

I now watch MOTD (if I can be bothered to watch at all) on catch up so that I can fast forward through the inane chat and so that I don’t have watch Lineker sat there wearing his big daft glasses whilst being paid nearly £1m pounds a year for uttering about 50 or so inane words a week.
Indeed Byebye :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 pm No we don't Moth

Foxes are generally sh*te without Vardy this season
They've missed James Maddison but he's back now and Harvey Barnes is decent as well, plus they have three members of the Belgium squad, currently the no1 team in the world.
We are more than capable of taking them down though.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:47 pm I'm actually surprised at the transformation in Bamford and very pleased for him.

This analysis is interesting ;

https://medium.com/@allstatsarentwe/cou ... eb2f2a1322