Leeds United v Wolves - MATCH THREAD - Cooper pulls up during warm up!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Wolves - MATCH THREAD - Cooper pulls up during warm up!

Post by Smudge3920 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:06 pm Unfair that we play Monday and then Friday.
But then we had 2 extra days after the int break ...balnces out
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 pm But then we had 2 extra days after the int break ...balnces out
That didn't help though. These pointless internationals just wreck our preparation.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:05 pm Depends how you define "Stinker" 8-)

It was a tough job night which we got nothing from ie. A stinker.
Fair enough pal, see what you're going for there.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:51 pm Linking me this bit of 'I told you so' clickbait does not negate the appalling level of hindsight.
Actually I've been saying for the last season and a half that Bamford is not good enough. Lots of fans are in denial of the fact including you by the sounds of it. I've also been saying for a long time that Orta's recruitment has been poor on the whole.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

We were the better team in the first half and they were better in the second.
They scored from a lousy deflection.
A draw would probably been a fair result.
Why was there no VAR review on the Costa penalty incident?
I suppose that we should be happy that VAR correctly chalked off their offside goal.
Big test coming up next. It won't be good if we lose 2 in a row to our direct competitors.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Well, all said and done it was still an enjoyable watch, never a dull moment with us.

Goodnight one and all.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 pm Actually I've been saying for the last season and a half that Bamford is not good enough. Lots of fans are in denial of the fact including you by the sounds of it.
I think you'll find I said that plenty at times, when it deserved to be said. And what anyone said about Bamford has nothing to do with the fact that if we're going to bemoan signing a proven Championship goalscorer over a then-unknown prospect TWO years ago now then we might as well lament the fact that we didn't sign De Bruyne before Man City did.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:13 pm Actually I've been saying for the last season and a half that Bamford is not good enough. Lots of fans are in denial of the fact including you by the sounds of it. I've also been saying for a long time that Orta's recruitment has been poor on the whole.
But Ortas recruitment hasn’t been poor? We’ve gone toe to toe with three top premiership sides and beaten two weaker sides. With a really promising season ahead of us too you would hope. Bamford has exceeded any expectations I would’ve had for him in the premiership, quite tonight but Wolves are a quality defensive side
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Disappointing to lose to a deflection on a weak shot.

I think a draw was more than fair.

Wolves got a lucky deflection and we didnt from ours.

We were better 1st half comfortably and they were 2nd.

We have always struggled against defensively organised counter attacking sides so not to disheartened.

On another day we could win with a bit more luck a bit better decision making.

Wolves are very defensively solid its what they do but at times we cut through them.

Felt the wingers needed to do more 2nd half, Paddy didnt impact the game enough.

I'd like to see Poveda and Raphinha starting with Pablo as a midfielder and Rodders as a 10 tbh.

Think at times Paddy, Costa and Harrison can be to predictable which showed 2nd half.

And has to be said Ayling's passing was poor he gave it away in the buildup to the Wolves goal and KP had a poor 2nd half.

Imo our football was better especially pass and move 1 touch stuff but Wolves were defensively solid and dangerous on the break.

Our football will cut through lessar teams than Wolves and despite Wolves reputation as a great counter side we handled them relatively well tbh.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:22 pm I think you'll find I said that plenty at times, when it deserved to be said. And what anyone said about Bamford has nothing to do with the fact that if we're going to bemoan signing a proven Championship goalscorer over a then-unknown prospect TWO years ago now then we might as well lament the fact that we didn't sign De Bruyne before Man City did.
De Bruyne wasn't born in Leeds, doesn't have a father who played for Leeds and doesn't go up to the likes of Dallas after an international match and say ' marching on together.... '
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 pm De Bruyne wasn't born in Leeds, doesn't have a father who played for Leeds and doesn't go up to the likes of Dallas after an international match and say ' marching on together.... '
I get what you're saying, but it's not Bamford's fault.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Gutted we didn’t get anything from that. We just lacked and real threat. Wolves dealt with us well, but they are a top side, so pretty pleased with the performance. Rodrigo up top and Pablo at 10 against villa if he’s fit enough
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Frustrating game for sure and their block defence made it difficult for us to penetrate, though we did at time, the end product, particularly crossing and passing in the final third was poor. All deliverers of the ball today had poor distribution: Costa, Ayling, Harrison, KP, Poveda. Definite shades of some of our games last season, except we were against a very good premier league team. Still, only an unlucky deflection decided the result so not all doom and gloom. I though Koch and Struijk played excellently at times, and Dallas subduing Traore was another good positive.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

dezzy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 pm But Ortas recruitment hasn’t been poor? We’ve gone toe to toe with three top premiership sides and beaten two weaker sides. With a really promising season ahead of us too you would hope. Bamford has exceeded any expectations I would’ve had for him in the premiership, quite tonight but Wolves are a quality defensive side
but what if he goes on one of his 10 to 12 game non-scoring runs again as he has done a couple of times in the past ? I could understand talk of him ' exceeding expectations' if we had played say 20 games....
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

SG90 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 pm I get what you're saying, but it's not Bamford's fault.
No, but IMO definitely Orta's fault....
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Decent game ran out of ideas,wolves created more clearcut chances. Draw probably fair but hey ho.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Worrying that Coops and Llorente are injured.

KP looked to have picked up a knock and Struijk.

Thats already only 1 cm and no natural dm replacement.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Didn't see the game, but disappointed with the result. Always frustrating not to score, whatever the outcome. I'll watch it when it's free on LUTV.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

dezzy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm Gutted we didn’t get anything from that. We just lacked and real threat. Wolves dealt with us well, but they are a top side, so pretty pleased with the performance. Rodrigo up top and Pablo at 10 against villa if he’s fit enough
I think that's the way to go - maybe drop Harrison as well.

I think it's time to realise that Bamford and Harrison are probably never going to be quite the players that people hope they will be. They've both had enough chances to prove that over the last 2 seasons. Trouble is now and again they both have a good game and then most people forget about all the previous frustrations with their performances. Both players often flatter only to deceive. It's time to ring in the changes - there are now options available.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 pm Too many passes going astray....
The writing was on the wall Swannie when so many passes were going astray. Wolves heads thought it won't need much to win this as we did our utmost to chuck the game away :(