Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:31 am Did you see the touch of his striker after Raph laid it on a plate, that was way worse than any Leeds player
Awful.

Worse still is that i think its Neymar :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Raph is such a baller. Unfortunately I just can't see him being with us next season as he's on his way to super-stardom. On the plus side, he's going nowhere for less than 100mill with the amount of time left on his contract and his excellent fitness levels (rarely gets injured except for being clattered by the opposition).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If he were that good he's have surely won more than one MOTM here...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 pm If he were that good he's have surely won more than one MOTM here...
Only top of the player ratings once, too.

Second a couple of times.
JayKayDubu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JayKayDubu »

I think it is a case of a very talented player arriving too soon at a club. He has hit heights that now make him very visible in a team that aren't at the same level.
I remember a similar situation with Cantona. I don't think we would have won the title without him. An exceptional player in a team of very good players but he went (much to my disgust) to the" Devil's in shorts " at a ridiculously low price...????
Raphinha is the type of player we need once we have established Prem safety consistently if we want to hold onto that player and we need lots of that player type in all positions to compete for titles/trophies.
I like Bielsa but it's not going to be a smooth ride with his style of play. As many are saying now the novelty has worn off of the team's style which is being counteracted (successfully) by alot of Prem team's. This is worrying as there seems to be no other style to fall back on.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

JayKayDubu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 am I think it is a case of a very talented player arriving too soon at a club. He has hit heights that now make him very visible in a team that aren't at the same level.
I remember a similar situation with Cantona. I don't think we would have won the title without him. An exceptional player in a team of very good players but he went (much to my disgust) to the" Devil's in shorts " at a ridiculously low price...????
Raphinha is the type of player we need once we have established Prem safety consistently if we want to hold onto that player and we need lots of that player type in all positions to compete for titles/trophies.
I like Bielsa but it's not going to be a smooth ride with his style of play. As many are saying now the novelty has worn off of the team's style which is being counteracted (successfully) by alot of Prem team's. This is worrying as there seems to be no other style to fall back on.
Agree about Raph JKD he may be ajead of his time, lets hope he is happy to be a big fish for a while.

Not sure about us bring counteracted successfully by other sides more this season.
Last season we had a great season despite not winning 20 matches. That was just as painful at times as today, but we still ended up top half.
Only two sides who deserved their wins this time were top six.
Burnely kicked us until we were sore, Newcastle rode their luck and West Ham stole it in the last minute, while we havent been great this timd I woukd cite other factors rather than others doing anything different than last time.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I remember a similar situation with Cantona. I don't think we would have won the title without him.

Obviously you DONT remember a situation with cantona, he laked 13 times that title winning season, probably 6 as sub, to say we would'nt have won it without him is a pathetic statement from a Leeds fan, if you are like ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

JayKayDubu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 am I remember a similar situation with Cantona. I don't think we would have won the title without him. An exceptional player in a team of very good players...
I kinda remember him as a decent sub and thought it wasn't bad money for a sub.

Was sorry to see him go as liked the bit of flair he brought, but he was no central figure in the title win.
JayKayDubu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JayKayDubu »

Well we did win it with him, then finish a record lowest without him the next season.
Man U on the other hand go on to be pretty dominant with him.
You work it out.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JayKayDubu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:08 am I think it is a case of a very talented player arriving too soon at a club. He has hit heights that now make him very visible in a team that aren't at the same level.
You've made a couple of good points, JayKay :tup:
JayKayDubu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JayKayDubu »

Thanks...

I really do hope we keep Raphinha, Phillips etc ..

Just concerned about our best players being retained.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JayKayDubu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:33 am Thanks...

I really do hope we keep Raphinha, Phillips etc ..

Just concerned about our best players being retained.
Always going to be a problem now our best players are performing amongst the elite.

At least we'd accrue massive money for our players now, unlike if we were still in the championship.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

JayKayDubu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:56 am Well we did win it with him, then finish a record lowest without him the next season.
Man U on the other hand go on to be pretty dominant with him.
You work it out.
HE won it with US, not t'other way round, big difference, he DIDN'T affect where the title went, don't put to much emphasis on cantona's contribution at Leeds because he was a cult figure.
Man utd were very dominant because they needed the final piece of the jigsaw, cuntana, they had better players and their squad cost double ours, we did'nt improve what we had, thats why Wilko ended up sacked, ring any alarm bells as to whats happening now ?
Don't stand still in this league.
You work it out.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Will apparently start for Brazil vs Uruguay which takes place at 1:30am UK time on Friday morning.

You are looking at a 12hour flight minimum back from Brazil for Raph.

So at best he would get back say 5pm Friday afternoon.

Then the travel down to Southampton.

I know the club and MB like to think the players are robots but i dont think Raph should play.

Let him have a rest

God forbid we overplay him and break him to.

Let Harrison and James prove they werent 1 season wonders (being generous in James case).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I don't understand why the Brazil game is on Friday. Both teams played last Sunday so why a 5 day break between games ? Surely the game could've been played on Wednesday or Thursday to give players time to get back to their clubs for weekend games.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:38 am HE won it with US, not t'other way round, big difference, he DIDN'T affect where the title went, don't put to much emphasis on cantona's contribution at Leeds because he was a cult figure.
Man utd were very dominant because they needed the final piece of the jigsaw, cuntana, they had better players and their squad cost double ours, we did'nt improve what we had, thats why Wilko ended up sacked, ring any alarm bells as to whats happening now ?
Don't stand still in this league.
You work it out.
I think Cuntona helped get us over the line when we were in the home straight.

Very talented player but I still can't stand him for going to Scum, unforgivable in my book.

Didn't he shag someone's wife at Leeds? The dirty rotter :)

I think Radz and the gang have marketed it that they broke the bank last summer, and we're too skint to spend much this summer.

But, yeah for me we've gone backwards, due to not getting another quality CM in. When you try to stand still, or"consolidate" at this level, when the rest are improving then for me it's inevitable that you'll go backwards.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm I don't understand why the Brazil game is on Friday. Both teams played last Sunday so why a 5 day break between games ? Surely the game could've been played on Wednesday or Thursday to give players time to get back to their clubs for weekend games.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Cos FIFA hate Leeds and wanna ensure that Raphinha is as jet lagged and knackered as possible when he comes back.

Simples :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:16 pm Didn't he shag someone's wife at Leeds? The dirty rotter :)
Lesley Ash

"In Footballers' Wives everyone appears to be having an illicit affair with everyone else, nipping off for a few hours of passion with the new Italian signing. In my day, a few - one or two - of the wives might have had affairs, but mostly they were totally devoted to their husbands. When Lee was at Leeds a horrible rumour came out that I was having an affair with Eric Cantona after he left. They put it about that I was the reason Cantona left Leeds. Of course, I didn't have an affair with him. The same thing happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 pm Will apparently start for Brazil vs Uruguay which takes place at 1:30am UK time on Friday morning.

I know the club and MB like to think the players are robots but i dont think Raph should play.

Let him have a rest

Let Harrison and James prove they werent 1 season wonders (being generous in James case).
It's actually worse than that Cjay :cry:

Brazil is 5 hours behind GMT, so you can tag that on to his flight time and he'll probably get into the UK around 10pm Friday night.

It would make more sense for him to fly into Heathrow and just have a short journey to Southampton from there.

He could then have a good night's kip in Southampton, have a lie in and meet the lads at the ground.

I'm sure if you ask Raphinha he'll want to play and probably will with the aid of a few Costa coffees and red bulls

If Bielsa deems it wiser to rest him, then I would let him have a week off in Brazil to catch up with family and friends. Would be good to do whatever makes Raphinha happy and then he'll feel valued.

Oh btw, Uruguay usually love kicking the s**t out of skilful opponents :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 pm Will apparently start for Brazil vs Uruguay which takes place at 1:30am UK time on Friday morning.

Let him have a rest

12 hours if they hire a private jet for the players coming back, unsure if that's the case. Otherwise if he's flying like the rest of us mere mortals he'll need a connecting flight out of San Paolo with all the attendant delays. I looked it up from where the match gets played into Heathrow is a 23 hour flight

I'd assume that premier clubs with players involved are clubbing together to pay for a private flight but that may not be the case and even if he arrives in time for the team sheet I'd only have him on the bench, I mean we seldom play an U23 for a full game if they're playing for the ones the following day...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"