Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 am Maybe he's just regretting the missed header....or he's just tired.
From carrying 10 others every week?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 am From carrying 10 others every week?
Clearly not...tbh he just looks shagged out there, I doubt he's had to play with that intensity anywhere else. Don't forget he agreed to move to a club a lot of pundits were predicting relegation for. even with the new signings
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:23 pm Image

He certainly felt it today, only trouble is this reminds me of Pontus just before we sold him !!!!!
HUge difference though in that PJ never fitted into Bielsa's plans whereas Raphinha's ability to unbalance the opposition, combined with his workrate, is something Bielsa likes.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:36 pm HUge difference though in that PJ never fitted into Bielsa's plans whereas Raphinha's ability to unbalance the opposition, combined with his workrate, is something Bielsa likes.
:tup:

Agreed mate, just thought it was too simular to miss
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Does Raph have a buy out clause? The press seem determined to help move him on, linked with City now! I dont think we would be in a position to have to sell but with most players these days if his agent gives him a whiff of what he could earn elsewhere he will want to leave. Would hope we would hold out for at least £70 million + add ons.
gessa

Post by gessa »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 pm Does Raph have a buy out clause? The press seem determined to help move him on, linked with City now! I dont think we would be in a position to have to sell but with most players these days if his agent gives him a whiff of what he could earn elsewhere he will want to leave. Would hope we would hold out for at least £70 million + add ons.
Not sure of a clause but he signed a 4 year deal, so we'd be in the driving seat regard a fee.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I love raph and he's an absolutely awesome player - but I'm a bit afraid he's getting overhyped at the minute if I'm honest. Until he starts scoring/getting assists week in week out then he's not worth anywhere near the fees being thrown around (although obviously playing for us that's harder than say playing for Man City...). Needs to work on the consistency of his end product (scoring/crossing) before he's worth anywhere near the money being talked about and needs to do it week in week out. By far our best players lately though
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

At the minute his stats aren't too dissimilar from JH's...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:13 pm I love raph and he's an absolutely awesome player - but I'm a bit afraid he's getting overhyped at the minute if I'm honest. Until he starts scoring/getting assists week in week out then he's not worth anywhere near the fees being thrown around (although obviously playing for us that's harder than say playing for Man City...). Needs to work on the consistency of his end product (scoring/crossing) before he's worth anywhere near the money being talked about and needs to do it week in week out. By far our best players lately though
Whilst i understand your point Dan and we have overrated players in the past i dont agree Raph is being overrated

He is hitting some seriously impressive numbers for a player in his first season in England never mind the Premier League.

Top 10 for chances created per game.
Top 10 for big chances created.
Top 10 for chances created in total.

This season that puts him above players like Pedro Neto, Son Heung-Min, Sadio Mane, James Rodriguez, James Maddison, Mo Salah.

Big big names with big reputations and far more experience in England.

His chances created per game stats are exactly the average David Silva managed throughout his career which goes to show the impressive nature of his numbers.

For comparison Harrison is 39th in the chances created per game list, impressive but a long way of Raph.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 pm Does Raph have a buy out clause? The press seem determined to help move him on, linked with City now! I dont think we would be in a position to have to sell but with most players these days if his agent gives him a whiff of what he could earn elsewhere he will want to leave. Would hope we would hold out for at least £70 million + add ons.
Raphinha clauses
Leeds star Raphinha has clauses in his contract at Elland Road, but does not have a buy-out option for the in-demand winger. That's according to The Athletic, who are reporting that the Liverpool-linked wide man does have some clauses in his contract at the Whites, but there is no option to buy.
Raphinha was signed by Leeds in the summer for just £17million - which seems like a steal given his tremendous start to life in the Premier League.
In a recent Q&A on The Athletic, journalist Phil Hay said: “There are clauses in it. It was £17m plus add-ons but I’m not aware of a buy-out clause.
“You’re right about Rennes. I can’t understand their thinking at all. They seemed happy to take what they could get for him and essentially cover the cost of what they paid to Sporting CP. Very odd.”
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Traditionally people have been divided into two classes - glass half full, and glass half empty.

I reckon we need to add, glass half empty and also cracked and leaking and they're about to cut their finger on the broken bit, and bleed to death class.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:02 am Traditionally people have been divided into two classes - glass half full, and glass half empty.

I reckon we need to add, glass half empty and also cracked and leaking and they're about to cut their finger on the broken bit, and bleed to death class.
:roflmao:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

danhirons wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 pm At the minute his stats aren't too dissimilar from JH's...
Well I know which player I get excited by when he has the ball at his feet.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Also lets hope Orta didnt agree to a large sell on percentage if the worst comes to the worst.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

danhirons wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 pm At the minute his stats aren't too dissimilar from JH's...
And the most Raphinha like moment of the season was...JH's 30 yard screamer against Newcastle!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:54 pm Whilst i understand your point Dan and we have overrated players in the past i dont agree Raph is being overrated

He is hitting some seriously impressive numbers for a player in his first season in England never mind the Premier League.

Top 10 for chances created per game.
Top 10 for big chances created.
Top 10 for chances created in total.

This season that puts him above players like Pedro Neto, Son Heung-Min, Sadio Mane, James Rodriguez, James Maddison, Mo Salah.

Big big names with big reputations and far more experience in England.

His chances created per game stats are exactly the average David Silva managed throughout his career which goes to show the impressive nature of his numbers.

For comparison Harrison is 39th in the chances created per game list, impressive but a long way of Raph.
This is true. Goals and assist stats don't take into account chances created and raphs stats are pretty darn impressive on those.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Also please don't take my comments the wrong way.

I think raph is absolutely awesome and the past 5/10 games has comfortably been our best player and you never know what's going to happen when the ball is at his feet.

I'm just wary of us putting this huge pressure on him, expecting him to be a world beater every single game. It's extremely hard to maintain the level of performance he has put in the last few games...if he does long term then maybe he's a 70 mill player, but I'm wary of overhyping him based on the back of a handful of exciting performances...

His finishing still needs a lot of work imo and crossing as well (both on a consistency basis - some of his crosses and shots are amazing...others not so good...)

Not meant as a criticism of raph at all!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Costa finally found his best role for us?

:lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Vote for Raph :love:
Signed

King Cjay