Leeds Utd v Man City - MATCH THREAD

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Man City - MATCH THREAD

Post by Carrick Dave »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 pm City fans really are an entitled lot. They're the only ones in the world who watched that game and used the words 'Sunday League', whining about bent refs and absolutely refusing to believe they couldn't be matched by a newly-promoted team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 pm City fans really are an entitled lot. They're the only ones in the world who watched that game and used the words 'Sunday League', whining about bent refs and absolutely refusing to believe they couldn't be matched by a newly-promoted team.

Thought it was reffed well largely, though Mendy could have easily had two yellows and he gave a free kick against Davis when I thought he was the one who was fouled. Couple of incidents in our area that may have gone the other way a week ago but thought they were called correctly.

City players were a whinging set of gits though. For all Pep's team love to play the beautiful free flowing game they love to appear for free kicks and penalties.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:23 pm The jump in the quality of our bench, has played a huge part.
As oppose to last season when we had a bunch of kids on the bench with not a striker in sight
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Today's game finally convinced me, we do need a permanent #10 to replace Pablo... Too much pressure on Kalvin.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I love how all these top 6 clubs thought we'd be easy beats this season. Just wait until we beat Chelski :love:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Gray Neville on Rodrigo:

“I had him at Valencia “

“That’s where I should have played him“

😎
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:39 pm Remember when Lee Johnson said Ayling wasn't good enough for the Championship :lol: :)
The Joe Pasquale of the Championship :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:57 pm Today's game finally convinced me, we do need a permanent #10 to replace Pablo... Too much pressure on Kalvin.
Why not give Bogusz a chance instead of constantly picking Roberts and then subbing him off?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:26 pm Yeah, Dallas especially was out on his feet.
I thought he was excellent though.
The stats show...Leeds ran 6.5 kilometres more than City in that game ...outstanding!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:57 pm Today's game finally convinced me, we do need a permanent #10 to replace Pablo... Too much pressure on Kalvin.
Rodders did ok I thought?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:49 pm City players were a whinging set of gits though. For all Pep's team love to play the beautiful free flowing game they love to appear for free kicks and penalties.
De Bruyne really petulant throughout. Couldn't see Bielsa tolerating his tantrums in a million years.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Terrific outing. The intensity is amazing and you have to admire the fitness of our lads. First 20 minutes, both the the team and I was very nervous and when City scored I had a very bad feeling for the rest og the match, but the boys kept coming back and really impressed with their tempo and presicion.

Costa strugged against Mendy initially but he upped his game and gave Mendy tough time before Poveda show forced Pep to take Mendy off lol.

Just need two more signings now in order to match the top teams on individual level as well.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Will write my thoughts later; I'm a few beers in and absolutely buzzing after that performance. Loved reading everyone's comments and opinions and want to say what a great little community this Leeds forum is.

Koch and Rodders looking every inch the value we paid, and Poveda has a great future. All the other experienced players look quality too, and Dallas, who'd have thought that he'd be arguably our player of the season so far?

MOT
Last edited by Lumiukko on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I recall reading a 90 page topic on Leeds when we were in the championship :shock:

They weren't very complementary to us then.

No change on the Blue Moon site :geek:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:32 pm To quote a pal:

"Divvn't worry aboot ya ticker. Watching this lot is like taking Mogadon."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:01 pm Rodders did ok I thought?
No doubt at all in agreeing with that, I am raving about him... but he is primarily a # 9... I think my comments are more leaned to the Robert's expeirment has run it's course (IMO)... Cannot question God can we !
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Pep gives a Leeds pep talk.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Man City - MATCH THREAD - Roberts & Alioski start, Llorente makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:06 pm Knackered.

Been replaced now.
I only noticed after others told me to watch Klich without the ball :shock:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My thoughts are:-

We started very hesitantly, a little shy even, we seemed a bit over awed by the Man City team. We stood back, allowed them space etc. About 15 minutes in I said we need Roberts off and Rodders on. We go one nil down and then it's half time. I'm surprised that coming on after the half time break it's Poveda for Alioski, the surprise is that Alio is coming off rather than Roberts. Thankfully, Roberts is subbed and Rodders comes on. Poveda and Rodders both make huge changes to the team and the performance and we see Bielsa ball once again. Klich looks a little fatigued and we have Davis on. We get a draw but I sincerely think that if we had started Rodders then we would have had a win :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:08 pm I recall reading a 90 page topic on Leeds when we were in the championship :shock:

They weren't very complementary to us then.

No change on the Blue Moon site :geek:
You know mate, when I was serving, I was in predominantly a "scouse" mob (recruiting area) but a lot of Manchester lads also.. pretty well split between scum and citeh... and I always found the citeh supporters way worse than the scum ones (which is hard to do)... they hate Leeds with a passion... basicly because they are scared of us... When Leeds v Liddypool played I could sit amongst all the scouse lads and it was brilliant ... Neverton supporters much like citeh ones... Hate Leeds with a passion ... loved it :lol: