Diego Llorente- PSG potentially in negotiations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Diego Llorente

Post by Cjay »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:41 pm Llorente was a panic but and at 19m was a complete and utter waste of money could have got a defender closer to home from the championship for that and the best at that too. llorente will not play more that 6 to 8 games for us all season if that
Was definitely a strange buy given he was totally different to the teenage left footed Croatian cb who could also play left back that we chased for ages.

Spanish journalists said Llorente was a right sided cb who looked very uncomfortable on the left side who came with a injury prone reputation.

"Very good right sided cb if you can keep him fit" one journo said.

Just seemed such a strange signing given.how different he was to a player we chased all summer.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:01 pm Get rid asap. The money Leeds have wasted on unfit players and they continue to make the same mistakes.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
That's Victor Orta for you - Forshaw, Roberts, Douglas, JKA and now possibly Llorente...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Way too early to judge Llorente ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:58 pm Way too early to judge Llorente ...
True.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:58 pm Way too early to judge Llorente ...
Not writing Llorente off yet. I still think we've got a quality Spanish international. Should be a great asset.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:25 pm Suffered another setback on Wednesday and hasnt been involved since.

He is becoming another Forshaw at this rate.
Its not looking good is it. Half the season in and he has played 70 mins or whatever it was. I feel for the lad. Imagine how he would feel if we went down. Some players are just injury prone. Maybe that's why he has ended up at Leeds and not Madrid.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

How did he pass the medical?
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

MightyWhites wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:29 pm How did he pass the medical?
In terms of physical exertion I would have thought that the EPL is going to test your strength and stamina. Only thing in the decision to buy Llorente is that our CBs have less to do in our system.

Jury is definately out right now and strength in depth during the Xmas period is going to count.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

MightyWhites wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:29 pm How did he pass the medical?
Don't forget that he played a few times for Spain after we signed him so must have been okay.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:48 am Don't forget that he played a few times for Spain after we signed him so must have been okay.
True, but considering his injury history the medical I assume would have been very stringent at a minimum. That's my concern - I don't think they are.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No medical will pick up future injuries....they can't predict a torn knee or broken bone. Whatever it's possible to look for I'm sure is looked for. Even in the seventies we found the hole in Asa Hertford's heart, and turned him down...as it happens it affected him not..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

We also turned down the lad from Bayern this season, even though a medical elsewhere didn't agree with our findings.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fair play to him.

A long way to go to justify his price tag but a solid start imo.

A few iffy moments especially with his passing but bound to be rusty and the rubbish pitch cant have helped.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Thought he did very well given his lack of game time, and definitely grew into the game. Once he's got more minutes under his belt he is going to be a very strong asset.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Thought he played well, especially first half when we were under the cosh a bit. I immediately thought it was a penalty but the way he controlled his body to refuse the challenge was great. Considering what's happened to him previously he will be really please to get a full game under his belt. On a dodgy pitch one could have forgiven him for ducking the odd challenge but i didn't see it. I am really pleased for him.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

An international player gives you that little extra, he started an attack and ran all the way and almost scored a goal, that was fantastic to watch. The more he plays, the better he will get. Looking forward to have Koch back also, then we will be way more solid in defence.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

llorente was outstanding today, should have had an assist and a goal.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Fridge wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:02 pm
Very impressive. Feel he’ll be a star for us if he can stay healthy!
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

In the match thread v Villa, he was called drama queen a few times, I effectively watched 70 minutes of the match, did I miss something in the other 20?