Diego Llorente- PSG potentially in negotiations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Diego Llorente

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:50 pm Probably then the same CB pairing as the first game last season. Koch and Strujk it is.
I hope he doesn't play Ayling at CB.

Phillips should be back.
Koch/Struijk as CB's
Ayling back in his correct position at RB
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Koch is our best our CB imo, a better Pontus Janson... needs to play CB while Llorente is out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:50 pm Koch is our best our CB imo, a better Pontus Janson... needs to play CB while Llorente is out
He certainly does :tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:50 pm Koch is our best our CB imo, a better Pontus Janson... needs to play CB while Llorente is out
Without question...and Luke back at R(W)B not only is our best in that position, but he always looks far more comfortable there.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Could have sworn I'd seen something in the YEP online or similar today, that DL did not play in the Ajax game as a precaution because he had picked up the knock, and was fully expected to be in place for the MU game, if not before against against Villarreal on Saturday.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Azkal wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm Could have sworn I'd seen something in the YEP online or similar today, that DL did not play in the Ajax game as a precaution because he had picked up the knock, and was fully expected to be in place for the MU game, if not before against against Villarreal on Saturday.
Lets hope mate, he is definately our leader at the back now ...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We desperately need him back imo.

Absolutely no doubt now that a large part of that defensive performance was down to Llorente.

He probably should be Captain

Come back soon Diego please.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Another short term injury, should be back by Xmas

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:41 pm Another short term injury, should be back by Xmas

HaHa probably right though
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:37 pm Absolutely no doubt now that a large part of that defensive performance was down to Llorente.
There is a reason why he is a Spanish international. Thought Cooper and Strujyk were both positionally poor yesterday. Think we can get away with either of them playing alongside Llorente but both together is worrying. Not yet fully sure on Koch but got to have something about him to have got caps for Germany.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Of course Struijk was positionally poor, second game proper as a right side CD, he will grow into it but if he does then we have 3 right side CD's and one left side...He's likely to give away a pen or two also.. I don't think there's much between Llorente and Koch, I'm assuming injury kept him out v Everton and not a visit to the very difficult to get out of doghouse
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:27 pm Of course Struijk was positionally poor, second game proper as a right side CD, he will grow into it but if he does then we have 3 right side CD's and one left side...He's likely to give away a pen or two also.. I don't think there's much between Llorente and Koch, I'm assuming injury kept him out v Everton and not a visit to the very difficult to get out of doghouse
I think Llorente is the perfect Bielsa type centreback whereas I think Koch has the potential and attributes to be one. Wonder if we'll ever see them playing together regularly for Leeds. Think we'd be a lot stronger with those 2.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He is head and shoulders our best cb, isn't even close.

But he came with a reputation for being injury prone and it unfortunately looks very likely that it is a reputation well deserved.

Raises the question of whether given how demanding our style and training is was it the right choice to go for a player with his reputation?

As good as he is it's no use if he is only fit for 50% of the games
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:02 pm He is head and shoulders our best cb, isn't even close.

But he came with a reputation for being injury prone and it unfortunately looks very likely that it is a reputation well deserved.

Raises the question of whether given how demanding our style and training is was it the right choice to go for a player with his reputation?

As good as he is it's no use if he is only fit for 50% of the games
It does seem we lashed out £30m for two CB's whom are seriously injury-prone :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:02 pm He is head and shoulders our best cb, isn't even close.
If Llorente is out for a sustained period, once again we are going to miss him big-time :(

The majority of our defenders are incapable of defending efficiently on a consistent basis.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: If Llorente is out for a sustained period, once again we are going to miss him big-time :(

The majority of our defenders are incapable of defending efficiently on a consistent basis.
Saying this quietly.... championship defenders....right I'm outta here !

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:39 am Saying this quietly.... championship defenders....right I'm outta here !

I'll shout it out loudly, we are defending like a championship outfit

11 goals conceded in our first four matches says it all.

We conceded 10 goals in our final 11 matches last season which included games against Citeh, Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Llorente and Koch are very good players, when, they are fit, looks like both are too injury prone, cut our losses and get rid.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Llorente might be back for west ham game, apparently it's nothing serious.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Heard that before ain't we.