Diego Llorente- PSG potentially in negotiations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Diego Llorente

Post by The Subhuman »

Allrounder wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:45 am In the match thread v Villa, he was called drama queen a few times, I effectively watched 70 minutes of the match, did I miss something in the other 20?
You may have missed the dive and looking like he'd been shot..

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/28/r ... ds-player/
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:31 am You may have missed the dive and looking like he'd been shot..

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/28/r ... ds-player/
Ah, thank you. Hopefully MB can have a chat with him, last thing we would want to be associated with is a cheater in the team.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

It was one of the most remarkable recoveries I have ever seen.
I feared he might have bone protruding through his leg until he jumped up to have a go at Wadkins.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

the hairstyle, the look, he could almost be Patrick Bamford's twin

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Solid from Diego.

Needs to build on it though.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:34 pm
Solid from Diego.

Needs to build on it though.
Really good game today and he's pure class from a lot of what I've seen. He's been bashed a bit since he came back. But on thing we should learn is that it takes everyone a little time coming back from injury, even more at a new club. Nothing improves a player like time on the pitch. What's our pecking order at the back now? Koch, Llorente, Strujik, Cooper?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm Really good game today and he's pure class from a lot of what I've seen. He's been bashed a bit since he came back. But on thing we should learn is that it takes everyone a little time coming back from injury, even more at a new club. Nothing improves a player like time on the pitch. What's our pecking order at the back now? Koch, Llorente, Strujik, Cooper?
Probably what most fans would go for next season.

But as you mentioned in the Roberts thread, Bielsa is loyal, would he drop Cooper?

Would it work playing 2 right footers at cb?
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:05 pm Probably what most fans would go for next season.

But as you mentioned in the Roberts thread, Bielsa is loyal, would he drop Cooper?

Would it work playing 2 right footers at cb?
It gives us options. Someone to cover KP. A 3-man defence if we need it. Every way Cooper is the odd man out. But I don't see Bielsa excluding him either
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Very enjoyable interview of Llorente by Sky Sports;

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... as-methods
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Was awesome today.

Great defending and so so comfortable on the ball.
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm Was awesome today.

Great defending and so so comfortable on the ball.
Best on the pitch for me.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:18 pm Best on the pitch for me.
Agree Harry was really impressed.

Didnt get bullied at set pieces either today.
Signed

King Cjay

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm Agree Harry was really impressed.

Didnt get bullied at set pieces either today.
I noticed the blunts used that “bus queue” tactic at corners which mean we had a few spare bodies instead of man to man.
Maybe that helped the defence track their man from five or six yards instead of grappling them and losing out (which has been the main problem)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm I noticed the blunts used that “bus queue” tactic at corners which mean we had a few spare bodies instead of man to man.
Maybe that helped the defence track their man from five or six yards instead of grappling them and losing out (which has been the main problem)
That was the problem with that goal conceded against Fulham when Andersen scored. Ayling to Meslier's right, had Andersen standing directly behind him , with the corner coming in from the opposite direction, so Ayling couldn't watch Andersen and the flight of the ball at the same time. At one point Ayling turned around to glance at him, and then quickly turned back to watch the corner coming in.

There was a large gap of several meters between those two and a gaggle of about 6 players to Meslier's left with our defenders all man marking. The ball then soared at least a couple of meters above the heads of this group of players and was at a headable height in that gap with nobody there to clear it with a header. When the ball finally arrived low down close to Ayling, Andersen moved to Ayling's side at the last moment, stuck his leg out and put the ball in the back of the net.

That's what happens with man marking when you are grappling with attackers and are not sure which way to look. Every single Leeds defender was rooted to the spot and unable to position himself so as to be in the right place on the pitch to head the ball when the ball was at the right height to do so. Creating that big gap in front of the goal with the corner soaring over the heads of our gaggle of defenders was probably a deliberate Fulham tactic nearly all our defenders at that moment were taken out of the game.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

He is going to be one of the best in the league next season...Outstanding shift today ...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

You don't become a Spanish regular unless you are a decent player. Was really surprised he cost so little - I can only assume we got him as cheap as we did due to Covid and also his injury problems.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

How quickly things change in Sports, one day he was waste of money and now it looks like a bargain. Let's hope he can keep himself injury-free and play all the remaining games and have a good Euro's as well.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Will be our main CB next season I have no doubt but who will be his partner?
Would not be shocked if its Pascal as not yet convinced with Koch and Coops has probably got as far as he can on the progress front.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Koch is the best centre back at the club for me, I am convinced. I've been tinkering with this and I think with the players we have this is a very strong 11

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Struijk
Dallas
Llorente as the 4, able to drop back to make up a back 3
Phillips as the 8 pushed up into the Klich role
Klich as the 10
Raph and Jack on the wings and Paddy up front

It puts all our best players on the field at the same time
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 pm Koch is the best centre back at the club for me, I am convinced. I've been tinkering with this and I think with the players we have this is a very strong 11

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Struijk
Dallas
Llorente as the 4, able to drop back to make up a back 3
Phillips as the 8 pushed up into the Klich role
Klich as the 10
Raph and Jack on the wings and Paddy up front

It puts all our best players on the field at the same time
moving phillips from his current role would be a disaster - he can't play higher up the pitch (as we've seen with England) and nobody plays that position as well as he does. perhaps using llorente as a DM when phillips is unavailable could be an option but he's solidifying his place at cb so tinkering around with that would seem a bit strange