Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:55 pm “I’m very comfortable living and managing in England,” he said. "Annual contracts does not mean I am not open to staying here longer.”

Wow 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I did secretly hope that Bielsa would stay in place for the right club... but this is the best news I’ve heard since we got promoted

7 more games in charge and we’re the club he has served for the longest (in terms of number of games managed)
leedspepper
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by leedspepper »

I really love our mad guy XD
rab_rant

Marcelo Bielsa's secret weapon

Post by rab_rant »

What do John Mcenroe and Martina Navratilova have in common besides being tennis players... well they are both left-handed, and there is a theory that this gives them a distinct advantage when playing against right-handed opponents.

Fernando Roffo has suggested that Bielsa has a secret weapon in that very many players on the Leeds team are left footed. In particular Patrick Bamford seems to favour his left foot, while there are others like a Rodrigo who can play well with both feet.

Players who favour their left foot have inverted brain hemisphere functions, which gives them an extra dose of unpredictability. The wizardry of the likes of David Silva, Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Diego Maradona and Ryan Giggs, amongst many others, would appear to back up this theory.

So when you look at Patrik Bamford for his third goal against Villa, there he is surrounded by four players and somehow miraculously he does a little shimmy, wiggles his left foot, and the four Villa players are mesmerised and rooted to the spot like rabbits caught in the head lights, and then  with them completely immobilised he slots the ball into the top left-hand corner of the net with his left peg.

If we need more proof that Bielsa is using southpaws as a  secret weapon, we only have to look at the  series of passes that resulted in Bamfords first goal. All the passes were one touch passes with the left-foot from Bamford to Shackleton to Rodrigo to Alioski to Harrison to Rodrigo who shoots, and Bamford who started off the move has miraculously got up into the six yard box to stroke the ball home. An Aston Villa fan remarked that Leeds play like dogs on speed... they are so tenacious and determined.

I fully expect that Bielsa has given a two-hour Power point presentation on the advantages of being left footed, and they now use that information to exploit weeknesses in any team they face... I wonder how many Leeds players are now thinking I would give my right leg  to be left footed.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Marcelo Bielsa's secret weapon

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:35 pm What do John Mcenroe and Martina Navratilova have in common besides being tennis players... well they are both left-handed, and there is a theory that this gives them a distinct advantage when playing against right-handed opponents.

Fernando Roffo has suggested that Bielsa has a secret weapon in that very many players on the Leeds team are left footed. In particular Patrick Bamford seems to favour his left foot, while there are others like a Rodrigo who can play well with both feet.

Players who favour their left foot have inverted brain hemisphere functions, which gives them an extra dose of unpredictability. The wizardry of the likes of David Silva, Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Diego Maradona and Ryan Giggs, amongst many others, would appear to back up this theory.

So when you look at Patrik Bamford for his third goal against Villa, there he is surrounded by four players and somehow miraculously he does a little shimmy, wiggles his left foot, and the four Villa players are mesmerised and rooted to the spot like rabbits caught in the head lights, and then  with them completely immobilised he slots the ball into the top left-hand corner of the net with his left peg.

If we need more proof that Bielsa is using southpaws as a  secret weapon, we only have to look at the  series of passes that resulted in Bamfords first goal. All the passes were one touch passes with the left-foot from Bamford to Shackleton to Rodrigo to Alioski to Harrison to Rodrigo who shoots, and Bamford who started off the move has miraculously got up into the six yard box to stroke the ball home. An Aston Villa fan remarked that Leeds play like dogs on speed... they are so tenacious and determined.

I fully expect that Bielsa has given a two-hour Power point presentation on the advantages of being left footed, and they now use that information to exploit weeknesses in any team they face... I wonder how many Leeds players are now thinking I would give my right leg  to be left footed.

What a fabulous theory Rab... and here is me, (more than once) complaining as we have too many left footed wingers... huh go figure :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Marcelo Bielsa's secret weapon

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:35 pm What do John Mcenroe and Martina Navratilova have in common besides being tennis players... well they are both left-handed, and there is a theory that this gives them a distinct advantage when playing against right-handed opponents.

Checkout our first goal against Villa.

Five first time passes with the left foot, two by Rodrigo and then buried by Bamfords left peg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXGTsu ... edOfficial
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crystal Palace

On Saturday's opponents, Crystal Palace who are level on points with Leeds, manager Marcelo Bielsa said: "They are a team who have four very important players in attack. They are a team who have a stable base and a distinct style of play which they don’t change and they improve.

"Like the majority of the teams in the division, they have had some very good moments but also some not so good moments. They are a team with experience."

On Palace boss Roy Hodgson, he added: "I sincerely respect him a lot. I am not the best person to have an opinion as I have only been here for two years but I have the opinion that he is a very valued member in the English community given the trajectory of his career."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Raphinha

On the possibility of new signing Raphinha playing as a number 10, Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa said: "He fundamentally plays on either wing, he is a player who is naturally very attacking with ability to get in behind with dribbling skills.

"He likes to get in behind and has the virtues to attack. These skills are applicable out wide as well as in the centre. I won’t say I won’t use him in any other position but I fundamentally see him as a player on either wing. He has played as a striker and attacking midfielder but he arrived in our team to be an alternative on the wings."

I haven’t decided on Raphinha for the Palace game just yet. We’re going to wait until tomorrow to see if it is convenient whether we can count on him or not.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Some teams come to attack us, others don't - Bielsa

"The teams here don’t come to attack," he said. "Some of them attack us but others don’t. The two games against Wolves and Leicester have been of the same characteristics, neither came to attack us. That’s not to say that they didn’t attack. In the case of Leicester they didn’t attack a lot but they attacked well, whereas Fulham and Manchester City did come to attack us. There are different possibilities. But what is true is that in the Championship it was more constant and only in certain circumstances where teams came to attack us."

Asked if that was a compliment, he added: "It’s not because of us that they don’t come to attack us. Half of the games that Leicester have played this season, they played the same as against us. I don’t think it’s a question of respect but a strategic decision."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rodrigo

He is training individually by himself and at the moment he is the only case that we have in the institution.

Thanks to the medical team, the rules were issued very strictly and this is something I thank the medical team for.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:00 pm Rodrigo

He is training individually by himself and at the moment he is the only case that we have in the institution.

Thanks to the medical team, the rules were issued very strictly and this is something I thank the medical team for.
It's lucky we have an international break, meaning he'll only miss the Palace game.

We look a much better outfit with Rodrigo in the side, him and Bamford are linking up well.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fridge wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:14 pm It's lucky we have an international break, meaning he'll only miss the Palace game.

We look a much better outfit with Rodrigo in the side, him and Bamford are linking up well.
I have wondered if Paddy could play behind Rodrigo, Paddy can hold up and lay off the ball pretty well....wonder if MB has considered that ?...Plus Paddy likes a bit more space ( :lol: ...then he scores the 2 he did at Villians...go figure )
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:29 pm I have wondered if Paddy could play behind Rodrigo
Good shout, but Rodrigo has been so good in that position and Bamford has been prolific by his own standard...

Don't think we need to fix what isn't broken as it stands but great to finally have a great alternative option up top.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in June 2018, Leeds have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games, more than any other side in the top four tiers of English football.

Impressive

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 22.11.00.png
Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 22.11.00.png (147.54 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in June 2018, Leeds have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games, more than any other side in the top four tiers of English football.

Impressive

That's a very impressive record :clap:

If he can just get all the lads down to Specsavers we can then start hitting the target ;-)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in June 2018, Leeds have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games, more than any other side in the top four tiers of English football.

Impressive

Especially with captain clumsy in the team
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:32 pm Especially with captain clumsy in the team
I do like Cooper but I would like to see Koch x Llorente once all are fit. Coops makes me nervous.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:13 pm That's a very impressive record :clap:

If he can just get all the lads down to Specsavers we can then start hitting the target ;-)
Yes that should have been a romp WR,I did feel we were a bit unlucky on a couple of occasions
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 pm Yes that should have been a romp WR,I did feel we were a bit unlucky on a couple of occasions
Yeah, defo unlucky. Arteta has tried to address their defensive issues, but it's cost Arsenal any creativity. Take nothing away from us though because we snuffed them out.

I think the composure and assurance to create and finish chances will improve as the season progresses, but will be effectively addressed if we stay up and get better quality players in.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.newframe.com/bielsa-a-princ ... led-world/

Good read this.

Whatever happens MB will never be forgotten.

Not a manager in the world could have got the squad he had up in the manner he did.

Better players would have got us up easily 1st season such was our dominance.

A miracle maker but a very humble one.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:02 am https://www.newframe.com/bielsa-a-princ ... led-world/

Good read this.

Whatever happens MB will never be forgotten.

Not a manager in the world could have got the squad he had up in the manner he did.

Better players would have got us up easily 1st season such was our dominance.

A miracle maker but a very humble one.
Nice read that. :tup:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa