Josko Gvardiol - RUMOUR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Transfer News Josko Gvardiol - RUMOUR

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Two Italian sports journalists, Fabrizio Romano and Gianluca Di Marzio, who have a combined 2.6 million followers on Twitter, now linking us with Dinamo Zagreb's Croation defender Josko Gvardiol.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Josko Gvardiol - RUMOUR

Post by Cjay »

18 and can apparently play left back (left side cb).

Thats all i know from google.

Glad De Paul was still mentioned but €20mil for an 18 year old.

Steady on Radz.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Wouldnt be so sure about spending 20 euros on another Center Back. I'd doubt that Bielsa would be replacing Cooper. IF we signed another CB, I'd expect it to be someone that's not guaranteed a starting spot, therefore, at a considerably cheaper price
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:47 pm Wouldnt be so sure about spending 20 euros on another Center Back. I'd doubt that Bielsa would be replacing Cooper. IF we signed another CB, I'd expect it to be someone that's not guaranteed a starting spot, therefore, at a considerably cheaper price

I don't know what to think anymore to be honest!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just had a look on twitter, not that i think Romano would lie but its so improbable that we'd offer €20mil for an 18 year old.

However Croatian media said yesterday that an unnamed Premier league club had bid €20mil (£14mil plus bonuses) for Josko Gvardiol.

Unless Romano is guessing (unlikely ) then he has done some checking :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:58 pm Just had a look on twitter, not that i think Romano would lie but its so improbable that we'd offer €20mil for an 18 year old.

However Croatian media said yesterday that an unnamed Premier league club had bid €20mil (£14mil plus bonuses) for Josko Gvardiol.

Unless Romano is guessing (unlikely ) then he has done some checking :duno:

Di Marzio as well though, who seems to be Radz go to journo this summer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not sure about this one. Not saying he's not a good player, but at that kind of price he should be walking into our starting XI, not a young player to develop in u23s. Newly promoted teams should be signing proven players rather than potential.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 pm Di Marzio as well though, who seems to be Radz go to journo this summer
True, its not like these are two bob journos chancing their arm, both are highly respected and well connected.

Just seems a very risky one.

But we do need a 3rd cb and a left back and a highly rated 18 year old would probably appeal to Bielsa rather than a backup 27 year old?

Maybe points to MB staying beyond 1 year?
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:22 pm Not sure about this one. Not saying he's not a good player, but at that kind of price he should be walking into our starting XI, not a young player to develop in u23s. Newly promoted teams should be signing proven players rather than potential.

Bit of a theory going round this could be a way of us getting out of the JKA deal.

RB Leipzig owe Dinamo Zagreb £19 for Dani Olmo, this could be a backhanded way of Leipzig paying Zagreb and us getting a young defender in the process. All agents smoke and mirrors. Probably bo***cks but who knows these days!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:33 pm Bit of a theory going round this could be a way of us getting out of the JKA deal.

RB Leipzig owe Dinamo Zagreb £19 for Dani Olmo, this could be a backhanded way of Leipzig paying Zagreb and us getting a young defender in the process. All agents smoke and mirrors. Probably bo***cks but who knows these days!
That's interesting - does make some sense. I'm wondering if we're going to get slapped with some penalty for not following through on JKA. It sounds like some way of making recompenses, which seems fair.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Makes a lot of sense if MB wants him as a left back that can cover centre back...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I like the idea that its a way of getting out of a costly legal battle with Red Bull.

I suspect we would lose.

This way we would get a highly rated player, it is to much money but its something for our money.

Leipzig get the money we owe them indirectly (and we do owe them as most legal experts seem to agree on, we wouldn't win in court).

And Zagreb get a big lump of cash that otherwise they may have had to wait for.
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:50 pm I don't know what to think anymore to be honest!
With you there YS,...I just wait and see what happens next. Kind of knew we would be linked with everyone this year no matter how ridiculous. Radz, Orta and "you know who" :love: are definitely not following the norms and we cannot question the deals so far....( Also they have surprised many) I simply trust and believe.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Apparently it would be 20m Croatian money, which is £2.4m, which makes far more sense than 20m Euros. Croatia doesn't even use Euros anyway.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No brainer then
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Seems close to done. They say he'll play in their Champions League qualifier on Sept 16th. That means he's probably some time away from our first team. You'd assume by the fee that he's our 3rd CB. So - probably on the bench some time in October?

https://motleedsnews.com/news/reliable- ... -transfer/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He does look very impressive for his age tbf and he is apparently the latest golden boy of Croatian football and they tend to be good.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wow 18M quit for a bench warmer.

Impressive
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:58 pm Wow 18M quit for a bench warmer.

Impressive
We are Premier league now :)

Tbf we dont have a left back, this kid can play left back, not sure Stuart Dallas vs Premier league wingers will go well so wouldn't be a shock if this kid ended up as our left back.
Signed

King Cjay