Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR/RUSE

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR/RUSE

Post by Scoobychief »

Apparently something could happen with this guy. i dont know anything about this guy but one position is where we need a spark is in midfield and he can play anywhere in that department, and a fee of around 30m+ is being said now that would be exciting if someone in that position could be be signed. the premier league won't know whats hit them 2 rodrigo's on the pitch
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Rodrigo de paul

Post by billysboots »

Instead of Kent?
There Is Only One United.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

He's Midfield/Att Midfield according to tansfermarkt. Does that make him a #10? Not sure. We have room for improvement at every position, but I don't see us splashing big cash unless its a priority position. I only see him as a priority if he can play #10.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/playe ... is-tactics

Bit like Grealish maybe (but better).

Seems to be almost a 1 man team whose wasted at his current club.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:49 pm He's Midfield/Att Midfield according to tansfermarkt. Does that make him a #10? Not sure. We have room for improvement at every position, but I don't see us splashing big cash unless its a priority position. I only see him as a priority if he can play #10.
Well.......

He wears #10 at Udinese.

Don't know if that makes him a ten, but they certainly think of him that way.

But based on the videos posted by our good friend 1964white posted, he sure looks like it.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:56 pm https://totalfootballanalysis.com/playe ... is-tactics

Bit like Grealish maybe (but better).

Seems to be almost a 1 man team whose wasted at his current club.
If he p;says anything like a Grealish role, then it makes sense
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

billysboots wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:42 pm Instead of Kent?

Alfredo Morelos to Lille seems to have legs and Alan Nixon says Rangers will be keen to keep hold of Kent if that one goes through
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Rodrigo de Paul

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SG90
Manager
Manager

Re: Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR

Post by SG90 »

Wow, would be a brilliant signing!
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

I’m seeing posts on various social media sites questioning our spending and if it’s risky. I think a point many are missing is if we spend 100m for example that’s mainly payable over three or four seasons so a likely outlay of 25 to 30m now. Also in buying quality, if we were relegated, we’d recoup any money still due on these additions.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Trying not to be to excited just yet but 3 sources seem to have at a level confirmed a validity.

Cant imagine Romano wouldn't have done some checks on the Italian end before breaking it.

Di Marzio we know has a direct line to Radz so would think he would have at least checked it isnt total nonsense before chipping in.

And Phil has checked on our end and the word wasnt no.

As for "doing a Villa, doing a Fulham".

Aside from the cost not being that level atm, the calibre is different

Whatever people think of Rodrigo Moreno he is the current number 9 for Spain who 12 months ago was seemingly going to one of the biggest sides in Europe (A Madrid) and 6 months ago could have been a teammate of Lionel Messi.

Robin Koch is seemingly seen as a future and present German international cb/dm and was a key part of the 7th best defence in the Bundesliga last season.

And De Paul is an Argentinian international who has a very good reputation in Italy

All 3 come from (or would in Rodney 2s case) a Premier league level league, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.

Its not the same as signing Championship, Belgian Premier League or even Ligue 1 players, its a different level.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:57 pm Trying not to be to excited just yet but 3 sources seem to have at a level confirmed a validity.

Cant imagine Romano wouldn't have done some checks on the Italian end before breaking it.

Di Marzio we know has a direct line to Radz so would think he would have at least checked it isnt total nonsense before chipping in.

And Phil has checked on our end and the word wasnt no.

As for "doing a Villa, doing a Fulham".

Aside from the cost not being that level atm, the calibre is different

Whatever people think of Rodrigo Moreno he is the current number 9 for Spain who 12 months ago was seemingly going to one of the biggest sides in Europe (A Madrid) and 6 months ago could have been a teammate of Lionel Messi.

Robin Koch is seemingly seen as a future and present German international cb/dm and was a key part of the 7th best defence in the Bundesliga last season.

And De Paul is an Argentinian international who has a very good reputation in Italy

All 3 come from (or would in Rodney 2s case) a Premier league level league, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.

Its not the same as signing Championship, Belgian Premier League players, its a different level.
Well said.

This isn't a whack-a-mole approach hoping something sticks. We did that in 17/18 and have learned from it. This is signing a couple of top quality to add to what we already have. No different to what Wolves did.
Jammy 07
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jammy 07 »

Looks a fantastic player, however there must be a reason he's not already been snapped up by one of the top clubs. Having not seen him play I can only surmise that he lacks a bit of pace. You can see from some of the video clips that he easily beats his man but then can't really drive away and into the clear.

Brilliant signing for us though if we could pull it off.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

So much better than spending £20m+ on Championship players! I was a little confused and disillusioned when I heard that was our strategy. Fair play Radz showing some ambition. I have criticised him, when it was deserved, but no one can criticise him for this summer.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:57 pm As for "doing a Villa, doing a Fulham".
- The Quality of the Signings is better
- The Quality of the manager is better - Nobody can have an ego under Bielsa
- We're keeping the bulk of our squad intact
Jammy 07
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jammy 07 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:10 pm So much better than spending £20m+ on Championship players! I was a little confused and disillusioned when I heard that was our strategy. Fair play Radz showing some ambition. I have criticised him, when it was deserved, but no one can criticise him for this summer.
Totally agree.

We've made a statement of intent and now we try to build and add from there. Signing Championship players would have sent a different message entirely.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Liking the looks of this one.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fabrizio Romano replied to a fan when asked about De Paul.

The fan asked how much, how far along, does the player want the move.

All Romano said was "€35mil is the price tag".

Ignored all the rest, so either he doesnt know the answers to the rest or he will do another updaye tomorrow either yay or nay presumably.
Aussieleeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Aussieleeds »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:27 pm Apparently something could happen with this guy. i dont know anything about this guy but one position is where we need a spark is in midfield and he can play anywhere in that department, and a fee of around 30m+ is being said now that would be exciting if someone in that position could be be signed. the premier league won't know whats hit them 2 rodrigo's on the pitch
Two Rods and a Koch will certainly stiffen up our spine.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Pablo's replacement?
Leeds are a myth.