The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August) - Leeds to test Rangers resolve with £15m offer for Kent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August)Leeds to test Rangers resolve with £15m offer for Kent

Post by lufc1304 »

Couple of twitter football accounts reporting that we have tabled a €30m bid for Lazio CH Luiz Felipe. Could be bullshit of course, but who knows?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August)Leeds to test Rangers resolve with £15m offer for Kent

Post by weasel »

Doesn't say much for Brighton in the transfer market if they don't feel they could have strengthened their team by signing someone using the money received for a player who has never played for them.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:53 pm Couple of twitter football accounts reporting that we have tabled a €30m bid for Lazio CH Luiz Felipe. Could be bullshit of course, but who knows?
30 M here 30M there, we are like kids in a sweetie shop :lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:57 pm Doesn't say much for Brighton in the transfer market if they don't feel they could have strengthened their team by signing someone using the money received for a player who has never played for them.
Brighton young CB Leo Ostigard sent to Coventry on loan

Never played for their first team, sounds familiar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August) - Leeds to test Rangers resolve with £15m offer for Kent

Post by The Subhuman »

Ben White about to sign an improved contract for Brighton

And Just had Tim Rich on Talk Sport talking about his book - The Quality of Madness - A Marcelo Bielsa Biography. Has that been mentioned here before ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August) - Leeds to test Rangers resolve with £15m offer for Kent

Post by Ratscoot »

Germany vs Spain next week in the UEFA Nations League and it's likely that both Rodrigo and Koch will play at some point during the game so at least they might meet before training at Wetherby :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

No concern of ours Brighton. Far better value available but I suppose they have to bare in mind the homegrown player requirements.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August)Leeds to test Rangers resolve with 15m offer for Kent

Post by Sara »

apollo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:31 am Why is that?
Does that apply to all scottish clubs?
No, just the hun. Despise everything they stand for.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 27th August)Leeds to test Rangers resolve with 15m offer for Kent

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:22 pm No, just the hun. Despise everything they stand for.
Thought we tried to avoid racist language on here Sara. :?:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm Ben White about to sign an improved contract for Brighton

And Just had Tim Rich on Talk Sport talking about his book - The Quality of Madness - A Marcelo Bielsa Biography. Has that been mentioned here before ?
Yes, I am about halfway though. ( He has just helped Chile to the WC with a 4-2 away win against Columbia)

Very insightful book.
'
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:18 pm Any more manufacturers logos, sponsors logos, names, numbers etc. and you won’t be able to tell what colour the shirt is supposed to be, still it all adds to the coffers doesn’t it.

I’ve said before that Hove and Brighton Wanderers (or whatever they’re name is) are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Feel quite sorry for Ben and I do hope their ridiculous stance comes back to bite them.

If Bielsa wants Kent then that’s alright with me but it’s a shame we didn’t pick him up last year for less than half the price!
Always felt the club would sell more shirts if they offered a sponsor free version to the fans
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Richard wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:04 pm Always felt the club would sell more shirts if they offered a sponsor free version to the fans
Last shirt I got was the one without the sponsor logo from 4 seasons ago. Liked it so much got long and short sleeves. Quite like the new one apart from the sponsor logo.

Although the first shirt I got was the one with Topman sponsor logo on and I actually went into the Topman shop so I could get a shirt with the logo on as you could only get it with the logo on from the topman shop. Fans shirts with sponsors was a novelty in them days!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Richard wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:04 pm Always felt the club would sell more shirts if they offered a sponsor free version to the fans
I think a lot of fans, me included, would prefer shirts without sponsorship logos if they were available. Unfortunately, it would go against the terms of the sponsorship deal so it will probably never happen.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Would have thought the Rodrigo signing confirmed by this evening

Why are we waiting :duno:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm Would have thought the Rodrigo signing confirmed by this evening

Apparently still some negotiating with personal player terms ...
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm Would have thought the Rodrigo signing confirmed by this evening

Rodrigo, Greenwood, Bielsa will all be announced tomorrow.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:58 pm Apparently still some negotiating with personal player terms ...
I was under impression both parties had agreed terms, Rodrigo is 100k a week what more does he want?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

gessa wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:06 pm Rodrigo, Greenwood, Bielsa will all be announced tomorrow.
Are you itk Gessa or just trying to make us all feel better? :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:06 pm Rodrigo, Greenwood, Bielsa will all be announced tomorrow.
I have no concerns about Bielsa signing mate
gessa

Post by gessa »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:13 pm Are you itk Gessa or just trying to make us all feel better? :)
The latter mate but it was told me today that Greenwood has signed.