Premiership 2020/21

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Premiership 2020/21

Post by Gandalf »

gessa wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 pm FA Cup at 33/1 not a bad bet if we take it seriously
Just give me the money, and I'll put it on us going out in the 3rd round (no matter who we play. In fact the lower the opposition, the more likely we are to go out)
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed Gandalf
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 pm FA Cup at 33/1 not a bad bet if we take it seriously
Such a shame we treat the FA Cup with disrespect

We'd have a great chance of winning the cup, realistically our only opportunity of winning silverware this season.

Is winning the FA CUP a route into Europe?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It's hard for me to escape the pre-promotion mindset of saying sod the cups, let's make sure we don't ruin our promotion chances with too many fixtures. The way Bielsa has our lads playing though it doesn't matter who the opposition is so maybe we'll go for it.
Just as long as we don't get the FA Cup AND relegation.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 am It's hard for me to escape the pre-promotion mindset of saying sod the cups, let's make sure we don't ruin our promotion chances with too many fixtures. The way Bielsa has our lads playing though it doesn't matter who the opposition is so maybe we'll go for it.
Bigger squad this season Norm

Only 38 games in PL as oppose to 46 in the Championship

We proved last season we can handle more than one game a week with our fantastic fitness.

I reckon are capable of having a decent cup run & still finish in the top six :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 am Such a shame we treat the FA Cup with disrespect

We'd have a great chance of winning the cup, realistically our only opportunity of winning silverware this season.

Is winning the FA CUP a route into Europe?
Yes, Europa. Runner up doesn't get a place now, unlike before, if winner is already in Europe via league placing. The place goes one spot down the league.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 am It's hard for me to escape the pre-promotion mindset of saying sod the cups, let's make sure we don't ruin our promotion chances with too many fixtures. The way Bielsa has our lads playing though it doesn't matter who the opposition is so maybe we'll go for it.
We don't enter FACup until January, so around half the season gone by then, we should have a clearer picture of where were at.
leedspepper
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by leedspepper »

We can finish above Man Utd this season XD
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedspepper wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:45 am We can finish above Man Utd this season XD
Welcome to MOT pepper :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Bigger squad this season Norm

Only 38 games in PL as oppose to 46 in the Championship

We proved last season we can handle more than one game a week with our fantastic fitness.

I reckon are capable of having a decent cup run & still finish in the top six :)
It would be nice to have the freedom of a cup run Leon. I 'll never forget the emotions of 1972.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa

We don't enter FACup until January, so around half the season gone by then, we should have a clearer picture of where were at.
I'm not really negative, like I said just old habits. I admit it would be good to have a run in the cup.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

‘Ooh, hang on a minute…look at Leeds’ – Exclusive: Mills delivers bold Everton verdict

I think some are getting carried away with all this... Klippity will have Liddypool back on track this week end with a 3-1 win over Neverton and increasing the gap to 23 games since Neverton last beat Liddypool.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ooh- ... n-verdict/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fulham closing in on a deal for Huddersfield cb Terence Kongolo

Newcastle confirm Saint Maximin has signed a new 6 year deal.

Nathaniel Clyne has signed for former club Crystal Palace on a short term deal.

Karlan Grant close to signing for WBA for £15mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 pm Fulham closing in on a deal for Huddersfield cb Terence Kongolo
From saying they wouldn't do a mass buy like last time, they've started doing a mass buy like last time
Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 pm Newcastle confirm Saint Maximin has signed a new 6 year deal.
6 years? Almost unheard of nowadays. Even more surprising for a team that's in the bookies running for the drop every year
Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 pm Nathaniel Clyne has signed for former club Crystal Palace on a short term deal.
What happened to Clyne? Not long since he was a class player, now he's struggling to find a club
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

So apparently VAR did check the tackle on Van Dijk and decided to take no action :oops:

Frank Lampard still cant organise a defence (maybe Chelsea should have spent some of that ££££ on so?e proper defenders?

And Sergio Aguero created some controversy by putting his hands on official Sian Massey- Ellis.

City fans seem to think the world is against them and this is a non event.

Not so sure myself, Aguero was frustrated about a throw going against Man City and did that?
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Aguero totally out of order.

Liverpool asking the PL to review yesterday's VAR decisions is farcical. Should the rest of the PL ask the PL to review the 765 decisions that seemed to go Liverpool's way last season
gessa

Post by gessa »

Sheff U v Fulham, like our game there the other week, looks like first goal the winner.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:31 am Aguero totally out of order.

Liverpool asking the PL to review yesterday's VAR decisions is farcical. Should the rest of the PL ask the PL to review the 765 decisions that seemed to go Liverpool's way last season
Agreed, Aguero was wrong to do what he did, his face tells the story, he was frustrated. Not like he was grinning and laughing, was aggressive from Aguero.

Liverpool have done what?

Asked the PL to review? What for? It wont change anything.

Always the victims FC.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Pickford's challenge (assault) on VVD should definitely be reviewed. Disgraceful challenge that ends in a possibly season-ending injury. No fan of LFC but that decision was an absolute joke. VAR is ruining football.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am Agreed, Aguero was wrong to do what he did, his face tells the story, he was frustrated. Not like he was grinning and laughing, was aggressive from Aguero.

Liverpool have done what?

Asked the PL to review? What for? It wont change anything.

Always the victims FC.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54585375