Excited...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Excited...

Post by Smudge3920 »

Who else is excited that we get the Prem Champions in there barn for the opener ?... I am if we loose well, no one gave us a chance anyway, and it was a good baptism of fire... think about if we win though ...who else preps for a game like "you know who" :love: new signings apart we have a squad of players who want to proof themselves...and where better to do it...... Liverpool have not lost at Anfield for 3 years in the Prem (think that stat is true?)... What better start can we ask for...a 1 goal loss, no shame...a draw,happy days... a win the message sent will send shockwaves....

I could not be happier with the opening day .... :scarfe2:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Excited...

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think a 4 goal loss is any shame in these circumstances, as long as we show enough to provide hope. A draw would be a massive result, but we won't be playing for a draw though.

If there are any weaknesses in Liverpool's play MB will have figured it out by now...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Of course I'm excited, we've waited a long time to see a Leeds team compete against the elite on a regular basis

If we put in a performance like we did at the Emirates last January I'll be very happy :-D

Any points we take off the six clubs will be a bonus in our first season back in the premier league

My only disappointment is I won't be there to cheer the lads on :scar1
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I cant wait, saw the community shield was this Saturday and mistakenly thought we had less than 2 weeks to go alas no, nearly 3 yet. As long as we dont get embarrassed and show what we are about I'll be happy, do worry how we will handle their press though especially with the pace they have.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I think I'm more excited that we won't be in the Championship at the moment. It will hit eventually that we're in the PL. Can't get as excited about Liverpool, as we played them in the cup recently.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Would have preferred a home match against say Burnley or Palace tbh to get us off to a flyer and give us a bit of confidence but, it being the 1st game of the season, we might be able to catch them cold and with no crowds home or away isn’t as big an issue. So as you say there’s nothing much to lose (unless we get thumped).

Excited - yes, apprehensive - slightly!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:55 am I think I'm more excited that we won't be in the Championship at the moment. It will hit eventually that we're in the PL. Can't get as excited about Liverpool, as we played them in the cup recently.
Mind you we did play Liverpool reserves that night
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Last promotion resulted in first game away at Everton , who were a very decent side then . If I remember correctly , Leeds 3 up at half time and Nev Southall at half time sat stunned in his goal . Tough opener , I might have preferred something more winnable , though Cess form since resumption isn't what it was . Still tough , baptism of fire as it were .
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

One thing we will have to get used to is not having the majority of possession against the better teams particularly Man City.
I think playing Liverpool first is not a bad thing. They're unlikely to be firing on all cylinders having had such a short break and you never know, we may just surprise them.
If we lose, no problem as long as its not an absolute hiding which I don't think it will be.
We have absolutely nothing to fear from the majority of the teams.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:16 am One thing we will have to get used to is not having the majority of possession against the better teams particularly Man City.
I think playing Liverpool first is not a bad thing. They're unlikely to be firing on all cylinders having had such a short break and you never know, we may just surprise them.
If we lose, no problem as long as its not an absolute hiding which I don't think it will be.
We have absolutely nothing to fear from the majority of the teams.
I don't think that will be a problem as we will still have the majority of possession in a lot of matches - we have to almost forget about results against the top teams and focus on picking up enough points against the rest of the division. If we get points against the top teams it is a bonus.

There were times in the championship where we didn't have the majority of possession but showed how clinical we could be hitting teams on the break - we will hopefully see more of that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One thing I'm unexcited about is not being at Anfield on the 12th September
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am One thing I'm unexcited about is not being at Anfield on the 12th September
Terribly disappointed for all the fans who have followed this team all over the country - even in League One - for all those years in the wilderness and now won't get the chance to go to games in places a step or two up from Keepmoat Stadium.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am Terribly disappointed for all the fans who have followed this team all over the country - even in League One - for all those years in the wilderness and now won't get the chance to go to games in places a step or two up from Keepmoat Stadium.
Sods law John

The Keepmoat seemed a regular haunt, fortunately Wycombe, Cheltenham, Swindon, Carlisle, MK Dons, Peterboro, etc seems a distant memory now

Missing those final nine games after 15 years of misery especially with the celebrations is a crying shame :verysad:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Nice to hear Klopp last night say his side will be ready for Leeds.

Have we got into his head already?

Hope so.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa