Rodrigo Moreno- Joins Al-Rayyan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Rodrigo Moreno

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

whiteroseboy wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:48 pm ?
It was a one season loan and strangely it lasted one season so don't see your point.
Not as though they could have kept him.

He was 20 years old and Benfica sent him out for experience as hadn't played in their first team. They then took him back as you do when the loan is completed.
After returning he became a regular for 3 seasons before moving to Valencia.
Hasn't Harrison been on loan for 3 seasons ? If it works out there's always scope to do another loan for more experience. The point is it didn't work out with him struggling with the physicality and probably the way of life - he said at the time that the way of life is very different to Spain 'but I'm here for the football ' or words to that effect. That sounds to me like someone saying they can endure a way of life for a short time in order to to further their professional interests.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:19 am Hasn't Harrison been on loan for 3 seasons ? If it works out there's always scope to do another loan for more experience. The point is it didn't work out with him struggling with the physicality and probably the way of life - he said at the time that the way of life is very different to Spain 'but I'm here for the football ' or words to that effect. That sounds to me like someone saying they can endure a way of life for a short time in order to to further their professional interests.
Totally different to Harrison, Benfica wanted him back as he played in their first team the following year.
By no stretching of the imagination would Jack have returned to Man City and gone anywhere near their first team following his first 12 month loan here.

The other difference we have the option to buy Jack in the loan deal, Bolton didn't have that option.

Control once the loan is over is with the parent Club.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:20 pm Maybe this goal will be good for Rodrigo's confidence
So good to see after all he has endured with injuries ...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Has had a lot of criticsm this season.

Deserved imo at times.

But today he looked like the player we hoped he was.

The experienced international striker who had attracted interest from some of the top clubs in Europe over the years.

Created chances and took his goals superbly.

:clap:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

He showed that 9 is his position and, as a result, he’s giving Bielsa a tough choice before a game, and a massive option, either way, during a game.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Injuries has been in his way majority of the season, but today he looked very fit and seems like his old pace is also coming back after Covid and other injuries.

When he is ready for 90 minutes he will create alot of chances.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Seems to me Bamford took all the bruises, grappled with Burnley's brutes for an hour, knackered them out a bit which allowed Rodrigo to capitalise with his skill. Not sure it would've worked the other way around.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 pm Seems to me Bamford took all the bruises, grappled with Burnley's brutes for an hour, knackered them out a bit which allowed Rodrigo to capitalise with his skill. Not sure it would've worked the other way around.
Totally agree 👍🏻
I’d start with Bamford for the last two games knowing Rodrigo was capable of making an impact.
After a full pre season maybe a different scenario.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 pm Seems to me Bamford took all the bruises, grappled with Burnley's brutes for an hour, knackered them out a bit which allowed Rodrigo to capitalise with his skill. Not sure it would've worked the other way around.
Absolutely spot on...have to watch off the ball to get a true reflection of what is going on ...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rodrigo vs. Burnley:

32 mins played
19 touches
8/10 succ. passes
4 opp box touches
2 duels won
2 chances created
2 shots on-target
2 goals ⚽ ⚽
1/1 successful take-ons
1 ball recovery
1 tackle won

Huge impact

Screenshot 2021-05-15 18.15.29.png
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:19 pm
Has had a lot of criticsm this season.

Deserved imo at times.

But today he looked like the player we hoped he was.

The experienced international striker who had attracted interest from some of the top clubs in Europe over the years.

Created chances and took his goals superbly.

:clap:
I did say he looked a class above before his injury at Leicester. With a Bielsa pre-season behind him, he will be quality.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Indeed Moth, they are a bunch of bruisers :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Rodrigo was sharp & clinical today, probably the fittest he has been since his arrival at Leeds.

More to come I suspect :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:48 pm Rodrigo was sharp & clinical today, probably the fittest he has been since his arrival at Leeds.

More to come I suspect :)
Nice interview with him as well
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:55 pm Nice interview with him as well
Just seen it :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Taken a fair bit of stick Rodders (from myself included).

It hasnt been the spectacular season that maybe we hoped for from our record signing but all things considered it hasnt been to bad.

Big respect for him today for going into the post to earn a goal, knew.he would get a.whack but was determined to score in what was in the grand scheme a pretty meaningless game.

Furthermore his record this season is a goal every 184 minutes plus 2 assists.

Thats a 1 in 2 goal scoring record, not bad, well done Rodders
Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Rodrigo is more suited to be played as a striker and not on the wings etc.. considering his injuries etc.. he has done well. just need to add around 4 quality players now for next season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Scoobychief wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:33 am Rodrigo is more suited to be played as a striker and not on the wings etc.. considering his injuries etc.. he has done well. just need to add around 4 quality players now for next season.
Have to disagree with you mate, he himself has said he feels he is not an out and out striker...definately B2B behind Bamford and I see a bagful of goals from both next season