Player Profile : Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Profile : Patrick Bamford

Post by Fridge »

Bench, at best (hopefully)

van Dijk will be laughing at the thought of facing him on the first day of the season.

Cannot fault his work rate and movement but the finishing simply isn’t going to be good enough.

I really hope he manages to prove us wrong, but a striker who’s not good enough in the Championship won’t be good enough in the PL.

5.5/10
We are Premier League
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:58 am Bamford is definitely not a Yeboah, we wouldn't have worry about the hard work from our No.9 if we had a striker as instinctive, clinical & could create chances for himself scoring all types of goals like Tony did in what was our most average prem side of the 90's 8-)
Aye mate but we wouldn't have been in the Championship to begin with if we had a Yeboah.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Squad player at best (hopefully)

Work rate and movement are good but the finishing is just not good enough. Would be great if he could prove us wrong.

6.5/10
We are Premier League
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

weasel wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:54 pm A tricky one to judge. Certainly the amount of goals scored let him down but it was still a reasonable return. A lot of people highlight the missed chances but every striker misses chances, just look at Sterling against Lyon last week. As such for goals scored I would give him a rating of 6.

The rest of his play though was excellent and extremely important in the Bielsa machine. For that side of his game I would give him a rating of 8.

Combined rating I have gone for 6.5 as the level of goals is more important with a striker than the all round game.

I would definitely keep him in the squad and have no problem if Bielsa starts with him although we do at the very least need competition for him up front.
This, though I will be a little concerned if we start with him as I don't believe he can cut it in the Prem. Has a point to prove, but I'm not convinced he has the tools to do so
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

A starter in our first X1... As it stands now, yes.

Retain as a squad player... Definitely, once the right front men have been secured.

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on... That would be totally unfair.

Loan out to another club... Again, unfair reward.

Seasons rating out of ten... 7

Personal comment... I do not think Bamford is given enough credit for what he does off the ball, either dragging defenders away, or winning the ball back, his passing has been good also.
Side before self & MOT
Jammy 07
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Player Profile : Patrick Bamford - Cjay, Dezzy, Denman, Ges, Ian, Radebe, Richard & others to vote

Post by Jammy 07 »

Side before self Patrick deserves his chance back in the PL.

Now about to enter his prime years this is probably his last opportunity to show he can cut it at the highest level.

7/10....extra point for the defensive work at set pieces, epitomised by his clearance from a corner versus Barnsley when we were hanging on.
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Profile : Patrick Bamford - Cjay, Dezzy, Denman, Ges, Ian, Radebe, Richard & others to vote

Post by gessa »

If only he was a natural goalscorer, MB sees him as an integral part of the system. Squad player imo.

7/10
It will all come clear in the end
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Denman »

I’ve already voted ‘64, 7th post on p1 😁
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Squad player

7/10 did well and played a big part in us being champions, but missed far too many chances
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

Squad player.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Denman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:17 pm I’ve already voted ‘64, 7th post on p1 😁
:tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Patrick Bamford

3 A starter in our first X1

16 Retain as a squad player

6 Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

124.5 (21) Seasons rating

5.9 Average rating

Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Billysboots, Chapel, Clacton, Currie, Denman, Dezzy, Faaip, Fridge, Ges, Hector, Ian, Jammy, John, Kindest, Leeds1000, Moth, Rat, SG, Smudge, Weasel, Y.Square, 64, 1304
Aussieleeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Player Profile : Patrick Bamford - Cjay, Radebe, Richard, Wilsden, White Riot & others to vote

Post by Aussieleeds »

Dontcha just luv looking back over previous threads?😏
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Player Profile : Patrick Bamford - Cjay, Radebe, Richard, Wilsden, White Riot & others to vote

Post by John in Louisiana »

Aussieleeds wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:21 am Dontcha just luv looking back over previous threads?😏
Always liked the guy, but was one of those who thought we'd have to improve this position in the PL.

Never have I been happier to have been proven wrong.

But honestly, I thought that about a lot of the team. I felt we could probably avoid relegation with our Championship side, but we shouldn't hope for much more than that. I worried about Ayling, Cooper, Klich, Alioski, and Kalvin and their ability to make the step up.

I was a fool, apparently.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:54 pm Always liked the guy, but was one of those who thought we'd have to improve this position in the PL.

Never have I been happier to have been proven wrong.

But honestly, I thought that about a lot of the team. I felt we could probably avoid relegation with our Championship side, but we shouldn't hope for much more than that. I worried about Ayling, Cooper, Klich, Alioski, and Kalvin and their ability to make the step up.

I was a fool, apparently.
And what did Watkins do yesterday?

Bamford's 2nd and 3rd were sublime, Messi like goals. Never knew he had that. Took everyone by surprise, Villa and his own teammates
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs