Charlie Cresswell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Charlie Cresswell

Post by The Subhuman »

Cumbriarents wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:21 am Good move for Charlie, will get the experience of playing regular pro football.

It's such a big step up from u23s to first team prem especially for a defender
Hopefully doesn't enjoy the London "effect" too much or he'll want to be off to Arse next season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Charlie has agreed to join Millwall on loan and will have a medical.

Hopefully be our Ben White.

Certainly got the potential.

Would have kept him myself.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm 50:50 should we have kept him in the squad for the season or got some big-boy minutes in him, with both ideas having merits. Hopefully we have a recall clause in the deal to bring him back in January if needed.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think he will become a bit of a cult hero at The Den. They will love him.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm 50/50 too, but a full blooded season (or half season if we recall him) will do his development the world of good. He needs to be starting regularly and it seems we can't offer him that yet. Hate that mob, but they're more of a footballing side than they used to be so may well be a good move for him and he comes back knocking on the first team door.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:15 am I'm 50/50 too, but a full blooded season (or half season if we recall him) will do his development the world of good. He needs to be starting regularly and it seems we can't offer him that yet. Hate that mob, but they're more of a footballing side than they used to be so may well be a good move for him and he comes back knocking on the first team door.
And we're less of one so the gap narrows
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good luck Charlie, hope you are back with us next season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't see if it's season long or till Christmas, I'm going to assume season long and I'm not sure he'll be able to be recalled unless he gets injured.. I'd imagine we're getting a fee too, maybe a Mill plus, possibly 2?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I like CC, great potential, United can't offer him first team chances with Cooper, Koch, Llorente, Hjielde and Struijk, so it looks like a loan is the best option at this stage, he's still young, a full blooded championship season won't do him any harm, it might us though, if we aint careful he will think we don't want him and end up elsewhere on t' cheap.
It would be criminal if we didn't have a clause to call him back when needed, but thats Leeds all over right ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:15 pm I like CC, great potential, United can't offer him first team chances with Cooper, Koch, Llorente, Hjielde and Struijk, so it looks like a loan is the best option at this stage, he's still young, a full blooded championship season won't do him any harm, it might us though, if we aint careful he will think we don't want him and end up elsewhere on t' cheap.
It would be criminal if we didn't have a clause to call him back when needed, but thats Leeds all over right ?
I don't think recall is allowed in the case of season long loans unless there's mutual agreement (ie injury) There was a new rule put in place 3/4 seasons ago..
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:39 pm I don't think recall is allowed in the case of season long loans unless there's mutual agreement (ie injury) There was a new rule put in place 3/4 seasons ago..
Must have been after the Nketiah season then?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

No better place to learn than the Den. They don't take fools gladly down there. If he gets it right he will be sound.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:24 pm Must have been after the Nketiah season then?
There might be a mutual recall/refund of money. Nketiah was returned as we didn't use him then he got injured, so either mutual consent or injury return. but I think if Charlie sets the division alight, helps put Millwall in with a shout of promotion then I'm fairly sure we can't recall without Millwall's consent they would have paid for him for the season and obviously require he stays

I don't think a recall clause can be added, if their paying a fee it's basically a sale
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:37 pm There might be a mutual recall/refund of money. Nketiah was returned as we didn't use him then he got injured, so either mutual consent or injury return. but I think if Charlie sets the division alight, helps put Millwall in with a shout of promotion then I'm fairly sure we can't recall without Millwall's consent they would have paid for him for the season and obviously require he stays

I don't think a recall clause can be added, if their paying a fee it's basically a sale
Thanks for that. I'm not aware of the finer clauses that can be put into loan contracts.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 pm Thanks for that. I'm not aware of the finer clauses that can be put into loan contracts.
Neither am I, I do know that Chelsea would have liked Gallagher back last season but no chance... It's common sense though as it protects the team loaning the player, fairly sure we could have put our foot down regarding Nketiah... Loanees cannot play against their parent club either in the league..
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 pm Neither am I, I do know that Chelsea would have liked Gallagher back last season but no chance... It's common sense though as it protects the team loaning the player, fairly sure we could have put our foot down regarding Nketiah... Loanees cannot play against their parent club either in the league..
Now that's one I do know. Fortunately for Millwall it's not a problem for them.

I hear Millwall have a decent training setup so I'm Ok with the destination but I do also wonder if he would have been better placed at Burnley under Kompany (and he would have stayed nearer to home).
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:01 pm I'm 50:50 should we have kept him in the squad for the season or got some big-boy minutes in him, with both ideas having merits. Hopefully we have a recall clause in the deal to bring him back in January if needed.
Really think Cresswell has what it takes. With Cooper, Llorenete, Strujik, Koch (plus Ayling) theres not much chance of first team minutes for him. Let's hope he has a good season. Then he can replace one of those guys next year.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Done deal. He's completed his loan move to Millwall.

I've just been lurking on a Millwall forum, and they're talking about THIS forum.

Myself,Cjay and others get mentioned. :roflmao:

Link below.

https://millwallonline.com/forum/thread ... ell.51574/
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Hopefully this will be a good move for Cresswell. I've seen a lot of him in the 23's and always thought he looked a top class prospect. A good season in the championship and he can come back and be a player for us next year.

Some have suggested we should have kept him this year. With Cooper, Llorente, Koch, Strujik, he'd struggle for a place on the bench. Next year.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Rook wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:36 pm Done deal. He's completed his loan move to Millwall.

I've just been lurking on a Millwall forum, and they're talking about THIS forum.

Myself,Cjay and others get mentioned. :roflmao:

Link below.

https://millwallonline.com/forum/thread ... ell.51574/
Just had a look at that thread :-D
"I can't believe weeds fans type how they speak, but mentalcase does........ on t'cheap"
Cheers you cockney facking slaaaag from darn sarf :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"