Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by 1964white »

Those 24 seconds v Manure & Joe's last minute winner are easily the best moments of the season

It was mental in the stadium on both occasions, memories I'll always remember forever!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Never heard of dug out cam before seeing it on here. Bloody brilliant, love it! How it’s not featured on MOTD I’ll never know. Not always a fan of yanks, they don’t half talk nonsense sometimes but I could warm to him after watching that.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Talk about scenes. Say what you will, but none of the team have checked out for the remainder of the season. Rodrigo and Klich flying. out of the dugout, Mes running the full length of the pitch, Dallas thumping the ground, Struijk picking Gelhardt several feet off the ground. Absolute theatre.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Absolutely brilliant watching that !! Great to see everyone getting involved , the enthusiasm is infectious from the management and seems to be rubbing off .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Who exactly at Leeds pinpointed JG as a must buy from Wigan? £1 million was it. I think Wigan were in the s**t at the time. Inspired whoever it was
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:18 pm Who exactly at Leeds pinpointed JG as a must buy from Wigan? £1 million was it. I think Wigan were in the s**t at the time. Inspired whoever it was
Indeed, and at season end, we might look on that goal as the goal that "won" us 100 mill by staying up.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would have been Orta ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:40 pm Would have been Orta ...
Yeah, that’s why he was crying at the end :verysad:
My boy done good
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:13 pm Indeed, and at season end, we might look on that goal as the goal that "won" us 100 mill by staying up.
The 100 million pound kid.
The only thing that’s universally agreed on, as far as I can see, on this forum is that JG is the dogs. What a future he has.
Lucky bugger
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:31 pm The 100 million pound kid.
The only thing that’s universally agreed on, as far as I can see, on this forum is that JG is the dogs. What a future he has.
Lucky bugger
Aye, great future for Gelhardt. Hopefully it's with us!
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

i watched a youtube vid a few weeks back covering pre-season training in August 2020 and Joffy is built like a rugby player, almost a spitting image of a young Wayne Rooney. That's what murderball does for you.

If i can find the video i'll post it in this thread.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Never mind the goal ,the header to Raph was brilliant !
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

He has the right temperament for a forward. Knew what he wanted to do with the header, and didn't fluff his lines when Raph returned the ball to him. Many other Leeds players would have missed under those circumstances.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Each goal and assist Gelhardt gets will only boost his confidence, and at his age could see him progress rapidly. I think he now has 5 goal involvements for us in very limited time (2 goals, 2 penalties won, 1 assist? or something like that). He is key to our season next year no matter which division we are in.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:18 pm Talk about scenes. Say what you will, but none of the team have checked out for the remainder of the season. Rodrigo and Klich flying. out of the dugout, Mes running the full length of the pitch, Dallas thumping the ground, Struijk picking Gelhardt several feet off the ground. Absolute theatre.
Yes I noticed Struijk pick him up to give him a big hug but when he bounced him down again I’m sure he nearly broke his back!

I think he was already building a bit of a reputation when he was at Wigan so his potential wasn’t exactly a secret. Still we did well to secure his contract with some of the other big boys sniffing around - I think Marcelo Bielsa’s reputation may have been a major factor.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:41 am Yes I noticed Struijk pick him up to give him a big hug but when he bounced him down again I’m sure he nearly broke his back!

I think he was already building a bit of a reputation when he was at Wigan so his potential wasn’t exactly a secret. Still we did well to secure his contract with some of the other big boys sniffing around - I think Marcelo Bielsa’s reputation may have been a major factor.
Probably what jarred his back (or the knee slide). He (and the rest of the team) need to start thinking about this idiotic getting injured whilst celebrating malarkey. Hard I know, when the adrenaline is rushing.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

For those of you that haven't seen many minutes of him, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how skillful he is with the ball at his feet, fast feet anorl, gonna be a goodun.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:18 pm For those of you that haven't seen many minutes of him, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how skillful he is with the ball at his feet, fast feet anorl, gonna be a goodun.
I've been watching Joe for two years, he's special!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: I've been watching Joe for two years, he's special!
Stalker !!! ImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:48 pm Probably what jarred his back (or the knee slide). He (and the rest of the team) need to start thinking about this idiotic getting injured whilst celebrating malarkey. Hard I know, when the adrenaline is rushing.
Gets right on my chimes Lumi. You are correct about the adrenalin rush but we lost Paddy for months because of his stupid goal celebration first game back after he'd been out for weeks!