Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by mentalcase »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:54 pm He is a joy to watch isnt he 64.

I loved the way he wouldnt allow himself to be hustled off the ball today.

Hope he gets some game time on Tuesday.
I'd rather see him on for the Norwich game, he could really punish them and get our dismal goals against somewhere near respectable, leave the cup for roberts and the likes.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:58 pm Yeah, will be interesting to see Mountain's comments now.
My comments remain the same, if Bielsa thinks he is good enough to come on as a sub, he should come on, if Bielsa thinks he is good enough to start then he should start. Because I trust the judgement of one of the world's greatest managers in this.

If he goes on a great run now, we can say Bielsa got it right. If he doesn't you can be sure those who previously slammed then praised Bamford, and praised then slammed Roberts, will be first to turn on Gelhardt.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

It’s tough been a sub for Leeds as you generally only come on for decent minutes when we are either playing terribly and or losing so I don’t judge him in previous games. Today we had wolves on the ropes and were pressing and he had the chance to fashion some efforts and show us what he’s about - very impressed but would still like to see him from the start, maybe at Arsenal.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Mountain wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:01 pm My comments remain the same, if Bielsa thinks he is good enough to come on as a sub, he should come on, if Bielsa thinks he is good enough to start then he should start. Because I trust the judgement of one of the world's greatest managers in this.

If he goes on a great run now, we can say Bielsa got it right. If he doesn't you can be sure those who previously slammed then praised Bamford, and praised then slammed Roberts, will be first to turn on Gelhardt.
I’ll take the bamford comment but never seen much praise for roberts and he fully deserves the slammings
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Proud Mum in the middle.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:43 pm And lets make sure to give Bielsa no credit for giving him a chance these past few games, he obviously decided to ignore his vast footballing experience in developing players in favour listening of the clamour from the sidlelines.
Injuries and player form forced his hand a fair bit, otherwise it would have been the usual suspects bar Costa.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote:And lets make sure to give Bielsa no credit for giving him a chance these past few games, he obviously decided to ignore his vast footballing experience in developing players in favour listening of the clamour from the sidlelines.
Yes that really surprised me it goes against best football practice, has Bielsa lost all of his principles and stubbornness?ImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Joe show
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The noise was crazy
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Another left footer
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:16 am The noise was crazy
What's so important here is that Joffy felt inspired by the noise and did not go into his shell as many a Leeds player has at home over the years. He's bang up for it and until he came on, the dink-meisters Klich, Roberts, Harrison etc were scared to take a shot.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:54 pm He is a joy to watch isnt he 64.

I loved the way he wouldnt allow himself to be hustled off the ball today.

Hope he gets some game time on Tuesday.
Well, you & I, Gandi & one or two others have been watching the U23's all season, he's been consistently doing those things we witnessed yesterday scoring some real beauties too. Joe is too good for that level, so I'm really pleased he was given a chance to show his skills at a higher level in front of a bumper ER crowd.

Joe is a stocky lad who drives at defences & shoots at any opportunity, the one-two he played that led to his shot on target, then the run for the penalty, and he almost won the game for us with the last kick of the ball.

Yes Ian, Joffy is a joy to watch, I more excited about this kid than the majority of our expensive signings.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rondownunder wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:54 am What's so important here is that Joffy felt inspired by the noise and did not go into his shell as many a Leeds player has at home over the years. He's bang up for it and until he came on, the dink-meisters Klich, Roberts, Harrison etc were scared to take a shot.
Jack needs to be instructed to shoot across the keeper, Klich & Roberts to cut out their powder-puff shooting & put their boot through the ball. Three of our attacking players whom rarely score goals & you can see why?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Joe is a tremendous talent, hopefully he'll get more and more game time , don't wanna rush him too sharp mind, his directness really hurts defenders, unafraid to have a pop, proper centre forward and a good dribbler of the ball, will he be able to hold the ball up and bring others into play ?
I suppose if he's running at the defence like that, as a team we'll be right on their area anyway forcing them backwards, great to watch young Joe, keep it up son.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He offered exactly what we've been crying out for all season, someone to take players on and not afraid to shoot, rather than dithering and fannying about.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The shot at the keeper could have been placed either side and there was a chance to play in James, but he needs games to learn these things. He won't learn them from the u23s.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It's nice to actually have a sub who has an impact whilst also knowing where the net is. Bet Rapha is looking forward to working with him more often but as per our luck this season it looks like Raphas out for a while.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:08 am He offered exactly what we've been crying out for all season, someone to take players on and not afraid to shoot, rather than dithering and fannying about.
Some of our squad are good at that :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:16 am It's nice to actually have a sub who has an impact whilst also knowing where the net is. Bet Rapha is looking forward to working with him more often but as per our luck this season it looks like Raphas out for a while.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
The first sub to make a constructive impact in a very long time!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:12 am The shot at the keeper could have been placed either side and there was a chance to play in James, but he needs games to learn these things. He won't learn them from the u23s.
He's at a higher level than the U23's now, has been all season.