Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by BGwhite »

Don't want to be having to get something off Brentford . They'll be safe and can relax and they'll love it love it if they sent us down . Maupay would love to stick it up us as well for Brighton.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: About right :tup:

I've got us finishing on 38 or 39 points.
Think your expectations are a tad high 64. 36 at best for me.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

As Danny Murphy said on MOTD it's all very well playing well (praised our performance vs City) but it's no good if you don't score.

We need to score goals.

The fact Bamford has been missing all season practically and Gelhardt has still played less than 6 games worth of minutes shows that.

MB used Gelhardt dreadfully and preferred his pet project Roberts or the winger with crap end product Dan James up front.

Marsch is starting to make the same mistake with the slight excuse that Joe got hurt vs Palace u23s on the 4th of April and subsequently missed some training for a week or so and whatnot.

But he is fit now, James and Rodrigo have flattered to deceive all season end product wise and Gelhardt is our only true fit striker aside from u18s.

Surely we have to start starting Joe now?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:16 pm Think your expectations are a tad high 64. 36 at best for me.

Maybe, my predictions in the competitions haven't been great this season.

Past my sell-by-date, BG
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:31 pm MB used Gelhardt dreadfully and preferred his pet project Roberts or the winger with crap end product Dan James up front.

Marsch is starting to make the same mistake
If 2 managers do the exact same thing, why do you say for one it's a "pet project" but the other gets away with it being just a mistake? Surely it's a pet project for both or a mistake for both? In fact it's a bigger mistake for the 2nd as he doesn't have any factors like loyalty influencing him?

Criticising one but glossing over the other points to an obvious bias.
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EasternLeeds »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:31 pm As Danny Murphy said on MOTD it's all very well playing well (praised our performance vs City) but it's no good if you don't score.

We need to score goals.

The fact Bamford has been missing all season practically and Gelhardt has still played less than 6 games worth of minutes shows that.

MB used Gelhardt dreadfully and preferred his pet project Roberts or the winger with crap end product Dan James up front.

Marsch is starting to make the same mistake with the slight excuse that Joe got hurt vs Palace u23s on the 4th of April and subsequently missed some training for a week or so and whatnot.

But he is fit now, James and Rodrigo have flattered to deceive all season end product wise and Gelhardt is our only true fit striker aside from u18s.

Surely we have to start starting Joe now?
Hello from Easter Europe,

Tons of quality and desire in Gelhardt but it seems to me like both managers have tried to shield him from the weight of the responsibility that comes with playing in a relegation fight. Do you think that could be the case?

I still hope we can stay up, but if the undesirable happens and we do go down then I hope we can resist the poaching attempts that are sure to come and that he becomes a regular for us. Either in a 10 or as a 9, I think he would do really well.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:31 am If 2 managers do the exact same thing, why do you say for one it's a "pet project" but the other gets away with it being just a mistake? Surely it's a pet project for both or a mistake for both? In fact it's a bigger mistake for the 2nd as he doesn't have any factors like loyalty influencing him?

Criticising one but glossing over the other points to an obvious bias.
For a start because it's extremely risky for a new manager to trust a largely untried teenager in a relegation battle.

Bielsa had far more opportunity before this truly became a battle.

Also because Gelhardt has suffered injury issues and subsequently not trained at times.

Back injury pre Wolves and missed that game then didn't train fully before Southampton (where he came off the bench)..

Injured vs Palace u23s and came off after half hour so missed the Watford game.

He spoke about his knocks pre Palace (Gelhardt did).

Marsch is starting to make the same mistake as Bielsa but Bielsa had far more opportunity and a far more favourable situation to blood Joe.

Hopefully we see him start vs Arsenal

I agree though that if we go down he would do well in the Championship, worth a bet for for golden Boot? :)
Last edited by Cjay on Mon May 02, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

EasternLeeds wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:14 am Hello from Easter Europe,

Tons of quality and desire in Gelhardt but it seems to me like both managers have tried to shield him from the weight of the responsibility that comes with playing in a relegation fight. Do you think that could be the case?

I still hope we can stay up, but if the undesirable happens and we do go down then I hope we can resist the poaching attempts that are sure to come and that he becomes a regular for us. Either in a 10 or as a 9, I think he would do really well.
Hello :)

I am sure that may play a part.

But if you run a small squad as Bielsa and Orta choose to do with things like 1 senior striker then you know that a chance exists whereby that striker gets injured.

So if you don't want to put to much pressure on a young player buy another senior striker.

It isn't fair on Gelhardt that the club have put this much pressure on him but it's the situation we are in and given he is the best striker we got fit he should start.

Besides that the fans like him and would support him imo even if he did miss a few.
Signed

King Cjay

VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I have said many times that Gelhardt should have been introduced into the first team at the back end of last season. MB continued with the first team to the end.
The obsession with Roberts also stymied Joe’s chances as he flip flopped between bench and U23s.

I believe we would be in a much better position if he had been integrated into the first team squad earlier on.

What a waste of a natural talent when our squad is sorely lacking in this respect.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Oooow ow ow another thread mentioning our Bert and now Joffy let's mingle for a tingle..

Mystery innit to the Berks how two managers now haven't seen what you've seen in the 20+ minutes he's played in the Prem, although they watch and monitor him every day in training and full matches/videos of the 23's...was that the 23's i said ?
I like what i've seen too let's throw him in, what could we lose...i'd go 4-3-3 with him and Bate in the middle and Drameh at RB (fck he's gone, Berts fault)
I actually like the thought of playing all the 23's atm get em ready for next years task.

Guffaw guffaw.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Na I’d stick with Dan Midget or Rodders. Why give a talented youngster a chance :roll:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'd stick him in between them both Jay.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:42 pm I'd stick him in between them both Jay.
Yeah I agree, but no need to do it till we’re in trouble. Oh we are :poo:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

For such a young kid to keep such composure is amazing.

The treatment and lack of use of Gelhardt by Bielsa first and foremost and Marsch secondly has been disgraceful.

Gelhardt would have got us atleast 3 more points had he started more often whilst Bamford was out.

brilliant Joe.

And credit to Llorente and Struijk to.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Wow. I can’t quite see it but looks like incredible skill and then vision to pick out Pascal. Absolutely f**king love JG.
He’s going to the top and will be one of the bargain buys of the century. Will it be with us though
Great commentary. I’d rather listen to that than most English ones
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:10 pm
For such a young kid to keep such composure is amazing.

The treatment and lack of use of Gelhardt by Bielsa first and foremost and Marsch secondly has been disgraceful.

Gelhardt would have got us atleast 3 more points had he started more often whilst Bamford was out.

brilliant Joe.

And credit to Llorente and Struijk to.
Totally agree regarding Gelhardt, one of the most absurd decisions not to utilise him more. That's on Bielsa as well as Marsch, non-sensical on every level.
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Overman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:39 pm Totally agree regarding Gelhardt, one of the most absurd decisions not to utilise him more. That's on Bielsa as well as Marsch, non-sensical on every level.

Kid has a back injury, been carrying it since Struijk landed in him in training last winter.
Ever had one?
Sometimes you feel nothing and are fine and next day you can hardly train.

That has been the story for him which unfortunately has limited his minutes this time. Pity for him as he is a wonderful player and we will do well to hold on to him.

But what allow the truth to get in the way of a good rant 8-)
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

William wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:45 pm Kid has a back injury, been carrying it since Struijk landed in him in training last winter.
Ever had one?

That has been the story for him which unfortunately has limited his minutes this time. Pity for him as he is a wonderful player and we will do well to hold on to him.

Only mention I can find to a back injury for Gelhardt is from March?

He has had injury issues though tbf under Bielsa and Marsch.

But absolutely no way Roberts wouldn't have started anyway or any other senior option because whenever Bielsa was questioned about it he always said the same thing.

"I would always prefer to use a senior player".
Signed

King Cjay

William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:52 pm Only mention I can find to a back injury for Gelhardt is from March?

He has had injury issues though tbf under Bielsa and Marsch.

But absolutely no way Roberts wouldn't have started anyway or any other senior option because whenever Bielsa was questioned about it he always said the same thing.

"I would always prefer to use a senior player".
He had broken in to the team, started home to Arsenal and away to City then was due to start against WH in the cup and hurt his back in a fall the day before. In fact it was after training when they were just mucking about.

It has dogged him since and again he was badly affected by it in the crush when he popped up to score the winner against Norwich in March.

He should have had more minutes over the season.

Next season if we go down I think at at last we will have our 20 goal a season striker.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

William wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:45 pm Kid has a back injury, been carrying it since Struijk landed in him in training last winter.
Ever had one?

I doubt very much that's the complete truth and he was on the bench for a number of games. It would be pretty well pointless to have an injured player keeping the bench warm. 🥴