Player Ratings v Fulham

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Fulham

Post by 1964white »

Post your ratings here please
maltrain
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Player Ratings v Fulham

Post by maltrain »

Meslier 8 (MOTM for me)
Ayling 7
White 8
Cooper 8
Dallas 6
Phillips 6
Costa 5
Klich 5
Roberts 6
Harrison 7
Bamford 6
Hernandez 8
Alioski 7
Poveda -
Douglas -
Shackleton -
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Outstanding today and better distribution than we got from Casilla. We need to keep him for the next ten years as he's only going to get better

Ayling - 7 - Quieter game I thought today. One lovely piece of skill second half though had me drooling and the Fulham player looking an idiot
Dallas - 7 - Left back and centre mid today, thought Knockhart had his number first half for a while there. Fortunately Knockhart is no Jack Harrison and he did nothing with it
Cooper - 8 - Great captains game today culminating in a you ain't getting a consolation block very late
White - 9 - Elbow only made him more determined, if we're in position to buy in the close season we should try everything we can. I think he loves it here which helps
Phillips - 8 - Slow start but once reunited in that magnificent CMF3 he bloomed second half. Corners still dodgy
Klich - 8 - Klich doing what Klich does and unnoticed most of the time, probably puts up more millage per game than any other player and a couple of lovely touch balls today
Costa - 7 - Great work for the assist for the goal, all him for me that one, then the knock
Harrison - 8 - Thought he wasn't at his best first half, much better second weighing in with an assist and goal
Roberts - 8 - Movement, pace, clever use of the ball when he had it, gave us an outlet previously missing in the first half and v Cardiff
Bamford - 4 - For the goal which was well taken and forcing an error, outside of that, poor movement, missed headers, poor touch, lack of link up and hold play were sorely missing

Hernandez - 9 - Outstanding for a sublime half of football
Alioski - 7 - Cool finish for the goal, could have had a second on a Harrison pass
Poveda - 6 - Not much time but I like what I see
Douglas - NA
Shackleton - NA
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Missed all but the last 5 minutes of first half, so not sure how to score it as a whole.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier 8 Very assured performance. Our keeper for the next ten years. Don't think Kiko plays for us again.
Ayling 7
White 9 what else is there to say about this guy? Mitrovic an absolute non-entity
Cooper 8 fantastic block late in the game, solid like a rock all day long
Dallas 7
Phillips 7
Costa 5
Klich 7
Roberts 5/7 (first half vs. second)
Harrison 7
Bamford 7
Hernandez 9 (MOTM) if you didn't already know how much of a difference he makes, just compare the first half to the second
Alioski 7 ran their defense into the ground
Poveda - 6 with Poveda, Alioski, and Roberts on the pitch we have tremendous pace up front.
Douglas - too little time
Shackleton - too little time
Last edited by John in Louisiana on Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

gessa wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:55 pm Missed all but the last 5 minutes of first half, so not sure how to score it as a whole.
And I thought it was the substitutes who made all the difference.

Please tune in a little earlier on Tuesday, :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It will be interesting how people rate Bamford this week. As a striker he had one chance and took it superbly. Will the same people who constantly criticise his finishing and ignore his workrate suddenly mark him based on doing what a striker or now use his inability to do the workrate stuff to mark him down? I think any of the players could have been hooked at half time, there were just as many struggling to get into the game as Bamford was. As it was Bamford took a half chance with a very composed finish and also denied Fulham a goal when he got back onto our six yard line and did enough to stop the Fulham player from having acres of time to control and score. He didn't hold up the ball as well as normal but scored a goal and stopped Fulham scoring - fairly crucial things to do really. If Bemford had have stayed on second half I reckon his performance would have improved as the whole team did - but that was only to be expected as Fulham blew themselves out in the first half.
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:22 pm And I thought it was the substitutes who made all the difference.

Please tune in a little earlier on Tuesday, :)
I'll do my best John :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he was having Tango lessons John ....John, he was only dancing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

weasel wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 pm It will be interesting how people rate Bamford this week. As a striker he had one chance and took it superbly. Will the same people who constantly criticise his finishing and ignore his workrate suddenly mark him based on doing what a striker or now use his inability to do the workrate stuff to mark him down? I think any of the players could have been hooked at half time, there were just as many struggling to get into the game as Bamford was. As it was Bamford took a half chance with a very composed finish and also denied Fulham a goal when he got back onto our six yard line and did enough to stop the Fulham player from having acres of time to control and score. He didn't hold up the ball as well as normal but scored a goal and stopped Fulham scoring - fairly crucial things to do really. If Bemford had have stayed on second half I reckon his performance would have improved as the whole team did - but that was only to be expected as Fulham blew themselves out in the first half.
Agree, he had a quite half as Fulham we’re controlling, liked seeing him defending in our box and he got a good goal,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Meslier-8. You’d forget he’s just a kid, potential to be a top top player

Ayling- 8
White-8
Cooper-8
Dallas-8
We looked pretty solid and never really threatened, kept Mitovic quite, great team effort at the back.

Phillips -7
Klich-7
Roberts -7
Midfield struggled first half but we made up second half

Costa -7
Bamford-7
Harrison-7
Harrison works like a horse and took his goal really well, Costa and Bamford poor but both great for our first.

Pablo- unbelievable talent
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier (a confident display from our French keeper)
8 Ayling
9 White (big test for young Ben up against a top championship striker)
8 Cooper
7 Dallas
7 Phillips
5 Costa
6 Klich
6 Roberts
6 Harrison (one extra point for his goal)
6 Bamford
Subs
9.5 Hernandez (without Pablo's intervention we don't win this match)
8 Alioski (made a difference down the left)
n/a Poveda
n/a Douglas
n/a Shackleton
Coach
10 Marcelo Bielsa
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:18 pm Poveda - 6 with Poveda, Alioski, and Roberts on the pitch we have tremendous pace up front.
How long have we been short of that key ingredient, add in Costa, Harrison and Shackleton and it’s not hard to see why we cause teams problems.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Meslier - 7, untidy but effective.
Ayling - 7
Dallas - 7.5 -
Both were beaten at times, but grew into the game and became more effective as the game went on.
Cooper - 7 did very well, but a bit to "handsey" was waiting for a pen to be given on every set piece
White - 7 - generally had the beating of his man
Phillips - 6 - overran first half, poor passing at times.
Klich - 6.5 - poor game by his standards.
Costa - 6- did well on the ball, not enough off it.
Harrison - 6 - flashes, still not where he was before the break
Roberts - 7 - Once he was up front he looked a much better player.
Bamford - 5 - a goal does not make a bad performance good.
Hernandez - 8 - has so much time on the ball.
Alioski - 7 - Cool finish for the goal, helped regain control of midfield
Poveda - 6 - Not much time
Douglas - NA
Shackleton - NA
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I forgot to give Marcelo a 10
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Strange how Costa and Bamford who were both hugely important in getting us the win as they combined superbly for the goal both get taken off and both get slated in the ratings. If they were at any other team then all we would be judging them on would be Costa's great run and awareness to set up Bamford and Bamford's clinical finish (and denying Fulham a goal at the other end too).

Usually these two get stick for not doing what they did do so well yesterday and yet when they do it they both get hauled off and slated on here.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 am Strange how Costa and Bamford who were both hugely important in getting us the win as they combined superbly for the goal both get taken off and both get slated in the ratings. If they were at any other team then all we would be judging them on would be Costa's great run and awareness to set up Bamford and Bamford's clinical finish (and denying Fulham a goal at the other end too).

Usually these two get stick for not doing what they did do so well yesterday and yet when they do it they both get hauled off and slated on here.
Apart from Costa's one piece of good play for our first goal Helder struggled to impress as was the case with all our midfielders in the first-half, still think he is a one-trick pony!

I felt sorry for Bamford as he clearly got no service apart from his goal which he took very well, no second
touch he swiftly rolled the ball into the net. After that initial good start he hardly got near the ball (apart from a defensive touch in our area) as his colleagues seemed content on passing the ball to the opposition. I almost went with 7/10 for Paddy, in the end gave him a six which is a massive improvement on his Cardiff rating from me
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 am
Changes were required as we were awful in the first-half

Bielsa was spot on with his changes, we regained control & in the end it was a breeze!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My point was more though that if you judge players like strikers and wingers they are usually judged on stats alone and statistically Bamford and Costa both had gone games. Usually we criticise the pair of them for not doing what they did yesterday and it is laughable how all the Bamford knockers are now having a go at him for not doing what he normally does but yet he did exactly what they always criticise him for. Poor lad can't win when the ER booboys have it in for you.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Meslier 7
Ayling 6
White 9
Cooper 7
Dallas 6
Phillips 7
Costa 5