Nine to go, how will we get on?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Nine to go, how will we get on?

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:38 pm I believe we're professional enough to get the job done :scar1
Professional and good enough to be top of the league. Professional and confident that we can play our way to the title.

Contrast that with all the whining sh*tbags at teams who weren't good enough to not be in relegation places and have no belief in their ability to play there way out of it - although of course they don't deserve to be relegated as they would all suddenly turn in title winning form in the remaining games, not that they want to play them though as it is unsafe so much better to void it and not relegate anyone.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 pm Professional and good enough to be top of the league. Professional and confident that we can play our way to the title.

Agreed.

I won't speculate on how many points we'll take from the last nine (far too many variables), but I do expect our side will be at least as well prepared, both mentally and physically, as any team in the division.

So, however many points we do earn, it will be at least one more than any other side. This is our year, and no stinkin' virus is going to stop these guys.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:57 pm No details yet.

Lots of sites just publishing the remaining matchdays in the order they were. There could be some changes once venues and broacast dates/times have been decided.
Thanks Adam
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 pm Can't be bothered to play Charlton ?

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
That’ll just be a party
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:44 pm Not a clue, taking it one game at a time. Too many variables after such a long break, no crowd, subconscious fear of too much contact, the expectation etc etc. I think we'll have enough but, after this long a wait, I'm keeping my powder dry!
This, we have as much chance losing the first three as winning them as it stands. First win will be key and it could be tough if we go behind with no crowd to lift us..ER crowd responsible for a lot of points for us..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

There have been a good few times the crowd have had a negative impact too, forget what player said it now, but they said at the end of last season the tension and nervousness of the crowd fed down to the players.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:37 am There have been a good few times the crowd have had a negative impact too, forget what player said it now, but they said at the end of last season the tension and nervousness of the crowd fed down to the players.
Our 2 best performances towards the end of the season were Derby away and Aston Villa at home - but that was when we'd blown the chance of auto promotion so there wasn't any nervousness etc in the crowd or on the pitch.
Metro1962
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Metro1962 »

I think we will do it this season but I also believe it will be a very squeaky bum at times eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

Start off badly and still win promotion or start great and end badly but still win promotion :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Seen / heard so much in the media talking as if we are already there......not counting any chickens. Yes we should do it but nothing would be more Leeds than to balls it up again.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

i think we will go up, too close to call on whther we will win or finish runner up but would be happy with either, not too concerned about winning it. Im nervous for the first 2 games, if things go our way we could be 13 points clear of Fulham, if they dont then that could be our lead down to 1 point - so huge possible swing on 2 games.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Nobody seems to mention wba who have a tricky run-in themselves. They are certainly capable of 'doing a Leeds' themselves.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk