Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Coronavirus

Post by rab_rant »

Community guidelines and freedom of speech

https://youtu.be/RGxbaxviRVw

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 07.22.50.png
People in Leeds must make a "collective effort" to avoid further coronavirus restrictions, councillors have warned

The city is expected to be added to Public Health England's weekly watch list as an "area of concern" after its infection rate rose to 29.4 cases per 100,000 people.

If cases continue to rise, more stringent measures could be imposed.

City council leader Judith Blake said it was "a pivotal moment in our efforts to control the spread of the virus".

"Nobody wants to see further restrictions on life in Leeds," she said.

"The harsh reality is that if our infection rate continues to rise as it has been, we will be left with no alternative".

According to recent figures, 44 new coronavirus cases were identified in Leeds on Wednesday.

Other parts of West Yorkshire have been subject to tighter coronavirus restrictions for several weeks.

West Yorkshire is a densely populated metropolitan county and some parts of it have been subject to restrictions because of coronavirus for a few weeks already.

Leeds has escaped these local rules because infection rates weren't high but that's changed.

The latest figures show the city has 29.4 cases for 100,000 people with 44 new infections identified on Wednesday.

The local authority now expects it to be added to Public Health England's weekly watch list of areas of concern.

This doesn't mean any further restrictions at this stage but they could be imminent if infection rates continue to rise.

Leeds, unlike neighbouring Bradford, had avoided the controls because its infection rates were much lower.

But the city council said cases had been rising in parts of the city.

As an area of concern, Leeds would be subject to increased monitoring and could face additional measures if infection rates do not fall.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I have to take exception to 29.4 cases how can you get 0.4 of a case? was it somehow a false positive?

let's work out the percentage of the population that is infected

29.4/100000x 100 = 0.0294%

and this is after all those unmasked celebrations with no social distancing when Leeds won the championship.

everybody must be trembling in their boots NOT!!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:42 am I have to take exception to 29.4 cases how can you get 0.4 of a case? was it somehow a false positive?

let's work out the percentage of the population that is infected

29.4/100000x 100 = 0.0294%

and this is after all those unmasked celebrations with no social distancing when Leeds won the championship.

everybody must be trembling in their boots NOT!!!

I've posted up the the concerns of the authorities in Leeds

I know some of you on here treat Covid with contempt, that's your opinion Rab

Living in a unpopulated country with a low infection/death rate I think you can count yourself fortunate over in Finland
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: I've posted up the the concerns of the authorities in Leeds

Living in a unpopulated country with a low infection/death rate I think you can count yourself fortunate over in Finland
And the recovery rate from those 29.4 cases may be in the region of 90%... so it all comes down to fear mongering.

At the weekend i talked to a well known Finnish musician and asked him how Covid had affected him and he said he had lost tens of thousands of Euros because of posponed gigs.

Two of my gradsons, a barber and a chef have been unemployed because of government policies, and lots of people i know are suffering hardships... so it is not all roses in Finland, and i expect it is even worse in the UK which has a larger population.

Lockdown and social isolation may have created more havoc than the virus.

Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Coronavirus - Lockdown in Leeds precariously close

Post by Aussieleeds »

In Australia the entire state of Victoria is in Stage 4 lockdown - you can only leave your house for an hour a day and can’t travel more than 5km from home. Today there were 81 cases in a population of 6.4 million. That’s a percentage of 0.0012%
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote:Vaccines have totally eradicated smallpox (also rinderpest, which infects cattle, which, unless vegetarian we need). We have also got very close to eradicating, polio, diptheria, bacterial influenza, measles, mumps, rubella and tetanus. Are you advocating Sara, that we stop all vaccine research and let nature take its course?

And I agree an economic system will not produce solutions to problems perish the thought, no that problem is also on us.
As a kid when i was vaccinated for polio it was a drop of the Sabin's attenuated virus on a lump of sugar instead of being injected by the live Salk virus.

Things have moved on and now kids get mmr (mumps measles and rubella) vacinations with a little bit of mercury thrown in for good measure.

Robert F Kennedy believes that the increase in the incidence of autism is related to children being given multiple vaccines at the same time, and has started Children's Health Defence to keep people informed.

The irony is that vaccines that are supposed to protect us are in actual fact harming us... if given in combination... and who knowns anything about these fast developed covid vaccines.

money will certainly be made from the sale of them.

https://youtu.be/X6DDfU2T5BM

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am As a kid when i was vaccinated for polio it was a drop of the Sabin's attenuated virus on a lump of sugar instead of being injected by the live Salk virus.

Things have moved on and now kids get mmr (mumps measles and rubella) vacinations with a little bit of mercury thrown in for good measure.

Robert F Kennedy believes that the increase in the incidence of autism is related to children being given multiple vaccines at the same time, and has started Children's Health Defence to keep people informed.

The irony is that vaccines that are supposed to protect us are in actual fact harming us... if given in combination... and who knowns anything about these fast developed covid vaccines.

money will certainly be made from the sale of them.

https://youtu.be/X6DDfU2T5BM

Is there anything you support?...now an anti vaxer.... I am 66 years old, I had all you say to, before the vaccines life was a lot shorter.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:59 am I've posted up the the concerns of the authorities in Leeds

Sadly "64, some, (and IMO the worst offender is that person pretending to be a President in the US) have created so much dis information and with the help of social media created this divide regarding this virus.... Statistics are always a bone of contention and can easily be manipulated. The amount of daily new cases reported are taken from the amount of people tested not the entire population.
Why do you think people like Trump ensured testing was reduced? To show fewer new cases to support his theory that it will just disappear.

One last query, why do those who are so sure it is not a problem, get so upset and continually try to convince those of us who decide the opposite.... My first comment in regards to this was its personal choice.
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: Is there anything you support?...now an anti vaxer.... I am 66 years old, I had all you say to, before the vaccines life was a lot shorter.
I am not against proven vaccines and i have also had my fair share, but i have never taken a flu shot even though it has been offered and i will be the last in line if a covid vaccine is manditory.

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am I am not against proven vaccines and i have also had my fair share, but i have never taken a flu shot even though it has been offered and i will be the last in line if a covid vaccine is manditory.

So its only mandatory legislation you disapprove of, ok I respect your opinion... but state pensions are mandatory do you/or will you accept yours ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Flu shots always make me ill for about 3 months. Happens every year except this year when I couldn't get a flu shot.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 am Flu shots always make me ill for about 3 months. Happens every year except this year when I couldn't get a flu shot.
:rol: sounds crazy doesn't it ... inject you with the virus to protect you
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: So its only mandatory legislation you disapprove of, ok I respect your opinion... but state pensions are mandatory do you/or will you accept yours ?
pensions they're all being mismanaged.

Rudd, a former JP Morgan banker and business executive, said: “For too long the reckless few playing fast and loose with people’s futures have got away scot-free. Acts of astonishing arrogance and abandon punished only with fines, barely denting bosses’ bank balances.

“Meanwhile, workers who have done the right thing and saved for retirement, confident their investments were safe, are left facing a leaner later life. That cannot be right, which is why, for the first time, we’re going to make wilful or reckless behaviour relating to pensions a criminal offence.”

What does Manure have as their sponser AIG (Arrogance Ignorance Greed)

https://youtu.be/T-n8ITk6UWM

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 am Flu shots always make me ill for about 3 months. Happens every year except this year when I couldn't get a flu shot.
Had one flu jab, never again for the same reason Faaip
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:10 am Sadly "64, some, (and IMO the worst offender is that person pretending to be a President in the US) have created so much dis information and with the help of social media created this divide regarding this virus.... Statistics are always a bone of contention and can easily be manipulated. The amount of daily new cases reported are taken from the amount of people tested not the entire population.
Why do you think people like Trump ensured testing was reduced? To show fewer new cases to support his theory that it will just disappear.

One last query, why do those who are so sure it is not a problem, get so upset and continually try to convince those of us who decide the opposite.... My first comment in regards to this was its personal choice.
I have no time for Donald (farty pants) Trump
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:50 am pensions they're all being mismanaged.

:rol: :rol: :rol: ... Oh Rab , seriously you need to get out more... whilst true in many cases,...try laughing some and enjoy some life
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote: So its only mandatory legislation you disapprove of, ok I respect your opinion... but state pensions are mandatory do you/or will you accept yours ?
Hold on i thought my pension money was something i put aside for my retirement... why should i need to accept something that is rightfully mine?

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 am Hold on i thought my pension money was something i put aside for my retirement... why should i need to accept something that is rightfully mine?

:rol: Still mandatory
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Smudge3920 wrote:
:rol: :rol: :rol: ... Oh Rab , seriously you need to get out more... whilst true in many cases,...try laughing some and enjoy some life
I thought it was pretty obvious that during this lockdown i do get out a lot... more than most on here i suspect.

The lockdown i fear the most is the one that happens to peoples minds. Have you forgotten the federal bailout of pension funds 2008