Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Coronavirus

Post by weasel »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:11 pm My mother made me go play with the kid down the street also who had "chickenpox" back in the day... As for not "getting it again" ... this was disproved months ago.

I concur with your thoughts re Vaccines, Trump is the main agitator in this process, the USA FDA and a myriad of scientists have disputed the reported time lines for a vaccine.
Supposedly there have been just 2 cases worldwide of people getting re-infected. 2 people in the whole world. 2 people out of 32,000,000 (32 million) that have tested positive have apparently got re-infected. The first case, the guy in Hong Kong, actually got no symptons second time around https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02506-y
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

weasel wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:42 pm Supposedly there have been just 2 cases worldwide of people getting re-infected. 2 people in the whole world. 2 people out of 32,000,000 (32 million) that have tested positive have apparently got re-infected. The first case, the guy in Hong Kong, actually got no symptons second time around https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02506-y
Proves my point then... think there has been more, but not going to prolong this point...
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Following on from the Governments fantastic Furlough scheme there is to be a more targeted response to keeping people in work announced by the Chancellor.

I had 2 mates on Furlough through that 5 week solid early Indian summer April, May all the way upto 2nd September. Its the best paid holiday they have ever had.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Here we go again.........

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 pm Of course there is evidence, you only have to open your eyes to see what has been occurring since July, another major spike was inevitable!

Since lockdown was eased millions of folk have become blase about this horrible virus, my god some people don't think Covid even exists :roll: the recent growth of infection didn't increase significantly by magic.

I suspect those poor souls who have lost family & friends through Covid would be horrified if they read some of the comments on this topic :shock: I have a LUFC good pal living locally who lost his sister-in-law to the virus, thank god he sticks to Facebook & doesn't come on here!
The rise in infections has coincided with the return to school, not with leisure activities in the summer.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

SaraM wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm The rise in infections has coincided with the return to school, not with leisure activities in the summer.
Sadly untrue Sara,... it is a combination of both.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:38 pm The rise in infections has coincided with the return to school, not with leisure activities in the summer.
The rise happened two weeks ago.

I'd imagine the the bugs floating out of the schools are normal colds as is generally the case when the kids return to school in September every year
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

4 out of 5 cases are spreading within households according to the news. My thoughts are it’s been caught initially by people during the relaxation of restrictions and taken into homes where it’s spread and then obviously taken to school by the returnees, and as there can be up to a21 day incubation period the numbers are only going to go up.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote:
No. Still don't believe it.
No matter how many so called experts you quote I know they are wrong and I am right.
As a great man once said "Fake News".

And yes I am being facetious.

\
To mask or not to mask that is the question.

A new survey has shown that divisions in the UK over lockdown run even deeper than the wounds left by the Brexit vote. It turns out that 58 percent of mask wearers have “severely negative” views of those who don’t opt for a face-nappy and 68 percent of people who kept to the lockdown rules have the same view of those who did not.

Even worse than that, 12 percent of mask-wearers said they hated those who did not wear face coverings, and 14 percent of lockdown adherents hate rule breakers, the survey conducted by Demos found. They hate them, there are actually people in Britain who hate others for not wearing a bit of cloth over their nose and mouth, and most of those who don’t hate those they disagree with still think they are bad people.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

What a great idea. After a couple of days you could just unscrew the top and pour out the dribble.

Sorry.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Morrison's have imposed limits on toilet rolls & disinfectant in a effort to stop the greedy selfish people of our society. We were in our local Tesco's yesterday & all the cheap crappy bog roll had been cleared out, the lovely staff there had endured the usual abuse from the local yob culture!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Face nappy!

When I recently ventured near a town, I saw people constantly fiddling with their masks and walking around with them on their chins. I even saw someone smoking in one, pulling it down to take a drag and exhale. At a table service pub, I counted the waitress touching her mask five or six times per customer. Hopefully these are not the people who are feeling superior to someone who can't wear one because of asthma and panic attacks.

I also wonder how long it'll be before "the science" changes again, and we're told that masks actually increase the risk of infection, with all this face touching and germ ridden material being waved about.

If there's one thing I can't abide, it's self righteousness.
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 am
If there's one thing I can't abide, it's self righteousness.
Me too..... I am in full agreement, those people who think they are superior..... :rant: :rant: :rant:

they annoy the s**t out of those of us who know we are..... ;-) ;-)

:)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm Me too..... I am in full agreement, those people who think they are superior..... :rant: :rant: :rant:

they annoy the s**t out of those of us who know we are..... ;-) ;-)

:)
:rol: :rol: :rol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Something that rab mentioned re 'face coverings of a religious nature'. I worked in the Middle East as a Senior Dental Surgery Assistant for nearly 12 years. Many of our patients were ladies with burka face coverings. Mouths were normal, as in no different to patients not wearing a Burka face covering.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:23 pm Something that rab mentioned re 'face coverings of a religious nature'. I worked in the Middle East as a Senior Dental Surgery Assistant for nearly 12 years. Many of our patients were ladies with burka face coverings. Mouths were normal, as in no different to patients not wearing a Burka face covering.
As I said whiteswan... Dentists don't pad their bills do they :lol:
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 am What nonsense?
To return or not to return is the question.

How about a vote, a poll of whether fans want a return to watching football games like we used to? Give English football supporters a voice on a return to watching games at their home stadiums.

Healthy people with healthy immune systems wouldn't be at risk attending games, so let the supporters voices be heard, let them speak. Those with low immunity should stay away from crowded stadiums and watch the games on TV.

It's the British peoples right to keep challenging government and it's law enforcement through peaceful and lawful means. This lockdown of healthy people, their livelihood, their freedoms and civil liberties should never be accepted, otherwise big brother will never stop enforcing rule upon rule. It's our democratic right as Britains to be able to engage in a democratic push and pull of ideas with government to get the best deal. If enough supporters actively struggle for a return to their beloved stadiums government will be forced to listen.

Let the voting begin.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Broad Ford wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm To return or not to return is the question.

How about a vote, a poll of whether fans want a return to watching football games like we used to? Give English football supporters a voice on a return to watching games at their home stadiums.

Healthy people with healthy immune systems wouldn't be at risk attending games, so let the supporters voices be heard, let them speak. Those with low immunity should stay away from crowded stadiums and watch the games on TV.

It's the British peoples right to keep challenging government and it's law enforcement through peaceful and lawful means. This lockdown of healthy people, their livelihood, their freedoms and civil liberties should never be accepted, otherwise big brother will never stop enforcing rule upon rule. It's our democratic right as Britains to be able to engage in a democratic push and pull of ideas with government to get the best deal. If enough supporters actively struggle for a return to their beloved stadiums government will be forced to listen.

Let the voting begin.
Problem for me is people with healthy immune systems (who may not be at risk) passing it on to family members who have not got a healthy immune system and are at risk. Surely our elderly/ill family members need protecting....don't they?
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

The perfect solution...finally something we can believe... Check out #7 :tumbler: :angel:
04.jpg
04.jpg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 pm Problem for me is people with healthy immune systems (who may not be at risk) passing it on to family members who have not got a healthy immune system and are at risk. Surely our elderly/ill family members need protecting....don't they?
They do but going in and out of lockdown and ruining small businesses is not the answer.

Plenty of people blaming the 'selfish youth' but I don't see it that way. What is selfish about simply living normally and risking getting a virus that will likely affect them less than a common cold would? A lockdown will not make the virus disappear it will simply slow its spread but what harm is there in it spreading through people who won't get many symptoms? Slowing the spread will not benefit the vulnerable as it will just mean we live in this state of limbo for years. So why not let the general population continue as normal and use the money, that would be saved by not needing furlough schemes and not needing to top up people's wages, to protect the vulnerable? All the money saved could be used to provide more testing for nursing home staff, to provide more nursing home staff, to provide free delivery of food to those that are vulnerable, to be able to afford to test those that are vulnerable etc

Because this continued bungling through it won't protect people who need protecting, it won't speed up a solution, it won't enable the vulnerable to live a safer existence.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The new rules on how to be politically correct.