Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on day trippers to stay away but they still come flocking to the beaches!

Post by 1964white »

So lockdown eased considerably over the last couple of weeks

Prepare ourselves for the forthcoming spike.

Jill & I shall be doing nothing different in our daily/weekly routines as we have done in the last three months

Good luck & stay safe everybody
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Coronavirus.......Tourist Board insist on day trippers to stay away but they still come flocking to the beaches!

Post by weasel »

A lot of people will be doing likewise 64. The easing seems more of a way of deflecting attention away from Cummings.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:43 pm A lot of people will be doing likewise 64. The easing seems more of a way of deflecting attention away from Cummings.
Would be a typical ploy of the current government :(

I have no desire to pursue with holidays, days out in glorious Yorkshire, bowls matches, watching live football, going out for meals or just a coffee or shopping with Jill, all things we enjoy are on the back burner for now & for some considerable time I suspect.

We are very fortunate where we live which is probably a godsend in the current circumstances, some folk are not so lucky!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

poetry to the rescue... from Walt Whitman and his poem "I sing the body electric" A reminder of what has been lost in lockdown.

To be with those I like is enough

I have perceiv'd that to be with those I like is enough,

To stop in company with the rest at evening is enough,

To be surrounded by beautiful, curious, breathing, laughing flesh is enough,

To pass among them or touch any one, or rest my arm ever so lightly

round his or her neck for a moment, what is this then?

I do not ask any more delight, I swim in it as in a sea.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:59 pm all things we enjoy are on the back burner for now & for some considerable time I suspect.
That is a bit harsh innit?? are you both some kind of sadist/masochist combo?? :shock:

I am sure that there are plenty of things that you could both enjoy together in the privacy of your own home ;-) ;-)

NOT THAT WE WANT TO KNOW OF COURSE!!!!! :P :P
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 pm That is a bit harsh innit?? are you both some kind of sadist/masochist combo?? :shock:

I am sure that there are plenty of things that you could both enjoy together in the privacy of your own home ;-) ;-)

NOT THAT WE WANT TO KNOW OF COURSE!!!!! :P :P
Those moments remain private in the '64 household my dear Hector :shhh:

If you want smut try BB's shed :lol:
1964white

Re: Coronavirus.......second wave in China

Post by 1964white »

Here we go again.....

No new cases in China for a month & now bang the virus has reoccurred in Beijing

At least we'll be more prepared when the second spike happens in the UK
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am
:rol: :rol: :rol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am Here we go again.....

No new cases in China for a month & now bang the virus has reoccurred in Beijing

Hopefully we will be more prepared and have learnt lessons from the epic failure first time round. Priority has to be given to safeguarding people in care homes and the vulnerable rather than just needlessly putting everyone into lockdown which did nothing to protect those in carehomes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 am Hopefully we will be more prepared and have learnt lessons from the epic failure first time round. Priority has to be given to safeguarding people in care homes and the vulnerable rather than just needlessly putting everyone into lockdown which did nothing to protect those in carehomes.
Care homes should be prioritised. I have a ex-client/friend in a local care home who I haven't seen since late February

No attendances at sporting/concert events this time prior to the virus

Air travel/public transport (especially the London Underground) are a major concern

I read two UK citizens flying in a private jet have taken the coronavirus into New Zealand, a country that has managed this pandemic exceedingly well not having any new cases in the last month.

Young people's attitude another concern
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Problem was hospitals were sending people to care homes with Covid, and if my experience is anything to go by not informing them some of the time
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am Problem was hospitals were sending people to care homes with Covid, and if my experience is anything to go by not informing them some of the time
Crazy decision leading to tragic circumstances
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:46 am Crazy decision leading to tragic circumstances
Our best friends, the girl who knew Jimi Hendrix well and her partner have had a nightmare situation. She got Viral Encephalitis in November (the chicken pox virus IIRC but in the brain which makes it swell.) Was in intensive care for two weeks, finally coming home in early FEB, relapsed one week into lockdown at which point she got CV, asymptomatic but she got it none the less, after a week they sent her home again WITHOUT informing her partner (who was not allowed to see her in hospital) that she was CV positive. He carried her up a flight of stairs because the ambulance drivers just dropped her off (first floor flat) not knowing she had covid. Then, as he had to, visited his 96 year old mother twice in the next 2/3 days as primary carer. He'd been ultra cautious to this point

Jan relapsed for a third time after three days (should never have come out) went back to hospital and as he couldn't go with her he phoned later to see how she was and they said after the initial conversation he did know she'd tested positive for CV. He then started to panic he's passed it on to his mother..Fortunately he hadn't but not the point and now he hasn't seen the partner he loves very much (Who's now in a home at 67) since the second/third week of lockdown except for a wave through a window and a couple of Zoom chats which she tires of in 2/3 minutes..He hasn't been able to be there in her time of need.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Re: Coronavirus

Post by 1964white »

Government scrap tracing app

Another resource & time wasted in a long line of errors from this bunch of clowns, anyone with an ounce of common-sense knew this idea wouldn't work!
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Just been out for a walk around the Lakeside shopping outlet in Doncaster and quite eye opening, judging by the lack of people it seems everyone is still hiding behind their settees! If what I saw today is the general trend we can just write the economy off and look forward to 10 - 15 million unemployed with all of the consequences that will bring. There is no way that shops can survive on the level of trade I witnessed this morning but of course everyone has the right to pursue their own path through this mess....just saying !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm sure despite the slagging off of the government that the Tories will walk it again next time..Not sure we can condemn the States for possibly re-electing Trump when we'd probably do the exact same thing
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:37 am Government scrap tracing app

Another resource & time wasted in a long line of errors from this bunch of clowns, anyone with an ounce of common-sense knew this idea wouldn't work!
I did say earlier in the thread that I had grave doubts about the app, considering that we had turned down the app used in South Korea and China made by Google and Apple respectively, in favour of one made by one of Dominic Cummings mates in Cambridge Analyitica. Jobs for the boys again. At least we now know that the Isle of Wight hasn't sunk into the sea, which I was beginning to worry about. !!
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:10 am Just been out for a walk around the Lakeside shopping outlet in Doncaster and quite eye opening, judging by the lack of people it seems everyone is still hiding behind their settees! If what I saw today is the general trend we can just write the economy off and look forward to 10 - 15 million unemployed with all of the consequences that will bring. There is no way that shops can survive on the level of trade I witnessed this morning but of course everyone has the right to pursue their own path through this mess....just saying !
I did our weekly shop on Wednesday , usually Morrisons but needed stuff they don't always have so did a B&M . Expected throngs in Clacton but surprisingly no queues and a near empty car park . Much to my relief . Been to work now about 10 days since March , a lot due to hold but also lockdown and revision of work systems . My first full week next week since Feb ......luckily 2 weeks of that and I have holiday again . Rather be safe right now that help the economy .Economy can wait as far as I'm concerned , and it can wait a bloody long time .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:12 pm I did our weekly shop on Wednesday , usually Morrisons but needed stuff they don't always have so did a B&M . Expected throngs in Clacton but surprisingly no queues and a near empty car park . Much to my relief . Been to work now about 10 days since March , a lot due to hold but also lockdown and revision of work systems . My first full week next week since Feb ......luckily 2 weeks of that and I have holiday again . Rather be safe right now that help the economy .Economy can wait as far as I'm concerned , and it can wait a bloody long time .
Indeed we haven't done anything different since lockdown, should have been heading to St Ives, Cornwall tomorrow, doubt we'll holiday there until 2021 pending on the circumstances
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Clacton....everyone has their own take on this current situation, my own feelings are that those who aren't in the vulnerable group should now be getting back to some form of normality......I am not putting the economy over lives but if the economy collapses completely then watch the deaths mount up then.