Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: Coronavirus

Post by rab_rant »

Mr Bloom ponders 3 week without football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vfn-Plm4bI

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

CV-19, before that a month of floods...……..what next, a plague of locusts ?? :shock:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Writing this from on the plane.

Trump just expanded the travel ban to include the U.K. and Ireland.

I made it just under the wire.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another moan after our horrible shopping experience in Tesco this morning.

Whilst we were waiting in the till queue, one little 4 or 5yo girl was walking around the aisles coughing her head off with no hand to her mouth, her irresponsible parents obviously quite oblivious to the current situation.

Is it any wonder why germs are spread around so easily when we have morons & their sprogs behaving in such a manner?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:13 pm CV-19, before that a month of floods...……..what next, a plague of locusts ?? :shock:
Plague of locusts in Africa. You sound like my mum :lol:
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Some nice simulations of how social distancing and self isolation can curb the advance of corona virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... simulator/

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Computer modelling bears no resemblance to real life though.
hector

Post by hector »

A good friend of ours is on the Braemar stuck in the Bahama's at the moment...... she was supposed to be back home on friday, but no port will let anyone off, and the 'ill' count has now gone up from 6 yesterday to 20 today............
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SaraM wrote:Computer modelling bears no resemblance to real life though.
But a good visual often helps to get an idea across.

Last edited by rab_rant on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:A good friend of ours is on the Braemar stuck in the Bahama's at the moment...... she was supposed to be back home on friday, but no port will let anyone off, and the 'ill' count has now gone up from 6 yesterday to 20 today............
just read that quarantine on boats is the worse possible thing that can happen since air is recirculated through the ventilation system and if there is a virus it can easily be spread to everyone. I should imagine a similar thing could happen in the pressurised cabins of airplanes.

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am But a good visual often helps to get to get an idea across.
It does, but that doesn't lend any validity to the idea.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Nipped into local Tesco after work today, had a peek to see what was flying off the shelves..... still no pasta, no flour, no loo roll, frozen pizzas all but gone and most surprising of all the freezers had been emptied of Yorkshire Pudding!! wtf is going on?? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

becchio bear wrote:Nipped into local Tesco after work today, had a peek to see what was flying off the shelves..... still no pasta, no flour, no loo roll, frozen pizzas all but gone and most surprising of all the freezers had been emptied of Yorkshire Pudding!! wtf is going on?? :bear:
It's life ...but not as we know it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

recently seen on Tori.fi someone was trying to sell a bag of toilet rolls for 30€.Image

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

becchio bear » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Nipped into local Tesco after work today, had a peek to see what was flying off the shelves..... still no pasta, no flour, no loo roll, frozen pizzas all but gone and most surprising of all the freezers had been emptied of Yorkshire Pudding!! wtf is going on?? :bear:
Great to see you posting BB - missed ya!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Of course you always did moan a lot! :whistle:
gessa

Post by gessa »

We have just been sent a medical alert that no one is to use anti inflammatories (eg I brufen, Voltarol, naproxen and there are others) for pain or high temperature. Use paracetamol instead. There seems to be a link between severe cases of covid19 affecting young people with no underlying illnesses and taking anti inflammatories. Initial reports started coming from French Drs on Friday. This has been confirmed by infectious diseases consultants here - there are 4 young people in ICU in Cork who have no underlying illnesses - all were taking anti inflammatories and there are concerns this has caused a more severe illness. We have been asked to spread the message. French tv and radio apparently broadcast the same warning today..
From John Greenwood’s niece...Consultant Pediatrician in London.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 pm Nipped into local Tesco after work today, had a peek to see what was flying off the shelves..... still no pasta, no flour, no loo roll, frozen pizzas all but gone and most surprising of all the freezers had been emptied of Yorkshire Pudding!! wtf is going on?? :bear:
Same.
Went into Sudbury Tesco this morning and it was like the last Saturday before Christmas, absolute bedlam and not a single toilet roll, pasta, eggs, paracetamol, bleach or disinfectant.
Most of those things people can manage without but what the hell are people supposed to do if the run out of toilet paper and they can't get any?
I didn't go in Aldi but have been told people are queuing to get in the car park!
Madness.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Post by gessa »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm Same.
Went into Sudbury Tesco this morning and it was like the last Saturday before Christmas, absolute bedlam and not a single toilet roll, pasta, eggs, paracetamol, bleach or disinfectant.
Most of those things people can manage without but what the hell are people supposed to do if the run out of toilet paper and they can't get any?
I didn't go in Aldi but have been told people are queuing to get in the car park!
Madness.
On Sunday morning the queues were so bad to get into an Aldi by us that the Police were called to control the traffic, the entrance to the car park is direct off a main road and it was causing chaos.