Jean-Kévin Augustin-Appealing wage compensation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Absolutely buzzing for this one. What a player this guy looks to be. Fee rumoured to be 15m option which seems a steal.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin- Phil Hay Update

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:32 pm Not a racist bone in your body Leon my friend. If JKA is anywhere near as those legends, we will all be very happy come May !!
Cheers my friend Gurj :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm Wonder Che Adams is thinking as he watches our new striker arriving, missed opportunity?
Possibly missed out on hero status at Leeds
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:36 pm Agree needs to be on the bench, but we all know what Bielsa is like. Classic Bielsa will put Edmondson on the bench now we have a new toy!!
Surely not Dezzy :(
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm Surely not Dezzy :(
Just for millwall, can’t see him in the bench after one day, or did he train today does anyone know?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bournemouth spent £20mil on Solanke.

A striker whose entire reputation is built on youth football and a 7 goal season in Holland.

Hes got 9 1st team goals at the same age as Kev.

Seen some opposition fans knocking Kev for his lack of games but he has scored goals in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Europa League and Champions league.

He has been unfortunate to find himself playing 2nd fiddle to world class strikers at his previous clubs.

If the worst thing people can throw at him is "ah well you were just a backup to Werner, Cavani, Ibrahimovic and Ben Yedder" then thats a bit of desperation.

Very happy with Kev and credit to him for not taking the easy option and staying at Monaco.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interestingly it seems that the club was in talks with JKA from the start of January with Orta making an approach to JKA's agent to see if there was any possibility. He may well have been our no.1 target.

“When I spoke to the agent of Augustin to see if he was available, he told me ‘there may be a small possibility’. From then we began working, but at the start of January, it was difficult following the change of coach at AS Monaco. After a couple of weeks, we received a call from the agent to say that the possibility was now open. With the efforts of many people, we tried to act really quickly to secure the player.

“For me, I would like to say that I’m extremely grateful to the player’s agent Meissa N’diaye. He was really effective in his work and it is a pleasure to work with people like this.”

Seems like JKA has a very good agent. They apparently turned down a late bid from Man Utd, who tried to hijack our deal, with the agent again being highly influential as he also represent Bernard Mendy who is a huge admirer or Bielsa's from their time at Marseille together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Seen some opposition fans knocking Kev for his lack of games but he has scored goals in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Europa League and Champions league.

As Forest were linked with him, Nottinghamshire Live interviewed some of their fans, all of a sudden he's crap, they didn't want him, "Grabban has more goals this season than JKA has in his whole career" " Leeds fans getting excited again over a player that's done nothing" what is it with the East Midlands?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Why would fans from other clubs bother commenting about a signing we've made that they don't think is good?

Why does it bother them?

They should stick to worrying about their own team's players.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 am Why would fans from other clubs bother commenting about a signing we've made that they don't think is good?

Why does it bother them?

They should stick to worrying about their own team's players.

They're obsessed by us H
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I listened to the LS11 interview and one of the first question was "Was JKA your first choice striker?" What a leading question. .. if Bielsa says NO we wanted Adams then he is admitting we have got someone who is second best. If he says YES then what was the Adams nonsense about. Marcello did not dignify the question with an answer... but drop the shoulder and sidestepped the question.

Imagine if he had said NO he was not my first choice... what a welcome that would have been for the new recruit. I get the feeling that some of they questions he has to field are attempts to trap him into saying something controversial which he will later regret. The questions are along the lines "Do you still beat your wife" You are damned if you answer either YES or NO.
Thank God Bielsa is astute enough to avoid these traps

The hidden agenda here is to sow the seed of doubt that we have got someone as a last resort, and that his arrival is out of desperation and not design.

So it is good to hear that the negotiation were ongoing from early January and not some last ditch effort.

Don't be surprised if the next thing to rear it's head will be "Attitude problems"... please I wish these journalists would give us all a break from this useless speculation. .. he hasn't even laced up his boots yet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

I remember the last Frenchman we had with an attitude, he had an abundance of talent too. Unfortunately he went elsewhere.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:31 am I listened to the LS11 interview and one of the first question was "Was JKA your first choice striker?" What a leading question. .. if Bielsa says NO we wanted Adams then he is admitting we have got someone who is second best. If he says YES then what was the Adams nonsense about. Marcello did not dignify the question with an answer... but drop the shoulder and sidestepped the question.

Imagine if he had said NO he was not my first choice... what a welcome that would have been for the new recruit. I get the feeling that some of they questions he has to field are attempts to trap him into saying something controversial which he will later regret. The questions are along the lines "Do you still beat your wife" You are damned if you answer either YES or NO.
Thank God Bielsa is astute enough to avoid these traps

The hidden agenda here is to sow the seed of doubt that we have got someone as a last resort, and that his arrival is out of desperation and not design.

So it is good to hear that the negotiation were ongoing from early January and not some last ditch effort.

Don't be surprised if the next thing to rear it's head will be "Attitude problems"... please give us all a break from this useless speculation. .. he hasn't even laced up his boots yet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
A stupid question as you say

Well done to Bielsa for ignoring it.

I have no doubt that the interviewer wanted an excuse to lead with a story 'JKA was not Bielsa's first choice' or 'Bielsa settles for second best'

Think of how many clicks that would generate.

This of course allows me to segue into my favourite journalist question story.

When German International Bastian Scwheinsteiger signed for Chicago Fire in the MLS, at his first press conference he was asked if he thought he could help Chicago Fire win the World Cup.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Orta has said there were three main targets, and we were pursuing them all, subject to availability. That makes perfect sense to me.

I sometimes look on the Forest, Derby, Stoke and Wednesday forums, because I know people who support those clubs. Talk about living rent free in their heads. Derby, in particular, seem to mention Leeds in virtually every topic. I think it's small club syndrome, the football supporting equivalent of the diminutive male, who behaves aggressively to compensate for his fragile masculinity.

I really welcome the signing of Big Kev, and don't see him as a last resort at all. All the players we were looking at have different attributes and potential. Kev wants to be here, he wants to do well, and Bielsa rates him. Enough said.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:44 am I remember the last Frenchman we had with an attitude, he had an abundance of talent too. Unfortunately he went elsewhere.
May the seagulls of a thousand ships forever steal his chips.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Wer'e moving swiftly on Gessa...from that!
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:48 am May the seagulls of a thousand ships forever steal his chips.

:)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:lol: :tup: :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:59 am As Forest were linked with him, Nottinghamshire Live interviewed some of their fans, all of a sudden he's crap, they didn't want him, "Grabban has more goals this season than JKA has in his whole career" " Leeds fans getting excited again over a player that's done nothing" what is it with the East Midlands?
Someone needs to let Manure know.

Grabban is better :lol:
Signed

King Cjay