Ian Poveda- Wendies loan confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ian (Diego) Poveda

Post by Cjay »

With Costa potentially out (didnt appear in the training video that was released).

Is Poveda in line for a rare start?

Divides opinion but has looked bright in his cameos recently imo.

Be interested to see what he can do with a start.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Yeah, looks like a rare start for Poveda. I'd prefer to see Summerville get a start, but should Costa be ruled out, this is a golden chance for Poveda to show what he can do with some significant minutes under his belt. Perhaps we will get to see a few minutes for Summerville sometime during the second half? Intriguing how Bielsa will shape up with Rodrigo also back (though Rodders will be a sub himself most likely).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

In the U23's Summerville appears to have more end product than Poveda, I'd like to see a bit of the former at Prem level this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Sommerville has experience at a much higher level also ...
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:14 pm Sommerville has experience at a much higher level also ...
Agreed, but Bielsa has that pecking order of his :|

On the brightside, Poveda gets a golden chance, and this may give Bielsa all he needs to know about where he fits in at Leeds in the future. Stay in the first 18/loan for a season/sell on.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:24 pm Agreed, but Bielsa has that pecking order of his :|

On the brightside, Poveda gets a golden chance, and this may give Bielsa all he needs to know about where he fits in at Leeds in the future. Stay in the first 18/loan for a season/sell on.
That's the key point for Costa's replacement :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm In the U23's Summerville appears to have more end product than Poveda, I'd like to see a bit of the former at Prem level this season
Can't see him getting an opportunity this season Faaip.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Poveda has been poor imo when he's come on this season although not really been given a proper chance. Fingers crossed he takes his chance tomorrow if he's given it
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Not as convinced as others that Summerville is ready although he is definately on a upward curve.
Must admit early part of the U23 season thought he ran down too many blind alleys and gave the ball away more than finding a team mate. Recently though he is looking much better in fact would say outstanding in last two games.
Will be interesting to see how he and others perform in the top u23 league next season. It's another step up from this year which will tell us far more about potential.
Currently it's a massive step from 2nd tier u23 to the Prem in my opinion.
Of course when any of them get close to the step up they will be training with the first team so MB and his staff will have a far better idea of whether they will cope than any of us.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Just watched a pre-season clip and to me Poveda looked like he has gained some muscles and with the new hair-style as well, maybe this could be his breakthrough season, especially if we don’t sign any additional winger?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Whispers going around that Poveda and MB may have had a falling out and his days here are numbered?

Nowhere to he seen recently.
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:30 am Whispers going around that Poveda and MB may have had a falling out and his days here are numbered?

Nowhere to he seen recently.
Yes, I mentioned this on the U23's thread.
Not even on the bench last night so it would suggest he's either on his way or injured.
Personally I think he's more of an attacking threat than Costa but MB obviously thinks otherwise.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:41 am Yes, I mentioned this on the U23's thread.
Not even on the bench last night so it would suggest he's either on his way or injured.
Personally I think he's more of an attacking threat than Costa but MB obviously thinks otherwise.
Agree Chilli i prefer him to Costa

Would have thought if he was injured someone would have said? Also we know with MB and what Pablo said and also with Jansson if you upset MB thats it generally.

Its perhaps a flaw in MB imo his man management is a bit Sergeant Major?

Also apparently Poveda was really enjoying himself in the summer. Lots of parties, fancy cars, girls etc

Personally i dont see a problem, just a young man enjoying himself but MB may not approve?

Furthermore i remember the plauers (maybe Paddy) saying that when he first arrived Poveda was a bit tardy, late for training on occasion and the players had to have a word.

Who knows.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:51 am Agree Chilli i prefer him to Costa

Would have thought if he was injured someone would have said? Also we know with MB and what Pablo said and also with Jansson if you upset MB thats it generally.

Its perhaps a flaw in MB imo his man management is a bit Sergeant Major?
Seems like Marcelo is not too pleased with Phillips atm, hope there is nothing in it as I couldn't bear going down that road again, Pablo, Pontus & Kalvin are my three favourite players from our championship years.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:07 pm Seems like Marcelo is not too pleased with Phillips atm, hope there is nothing in it as I couldn't bear going down that road again, Pablo, Pontus & Kalvin are my three favourite players from our championship years.
What makes you say that Leon.....regarding Phillips
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 pm What makes you say that Leon.....regarding Phillips
Just his reasoning for leaving Kalvin out of such an important match saying he wasn't match-fit, then not giving KP game time in the last half hour or using Monday's U23 game to build up his fitness.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

He's done absolutely nothing for us when he's played - so not too concerned about him moving on on loan or permanently

Summerville must be ahead of him in terms of the first team now anyway
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wee Ian reminds me of a hamster running on his wheel.

Round and round he goes.

Been with us 18 months and hasnt broken tbrough, so I suppose in his mind he would prefer footy elsewhere.

Send him to Uddersfield to sweeten the deal over Obrein?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:07 pm Seems like Marcelo is not too pleased with Phillips atm, hope there is nothing in it as I couldn't bear going down that road again, Pablo, Pontus & Kalvin are my three favourite players from our championship years.
As Cjay says, you cross MB at your peril. Jansson against Villa (which I thought he was correct in just doing his job = defending, I still don't agree with giving Villa that goal at all), Pablo throwing down the armband when he was subbed, and maybe Poveda's not shown the right attitude.

Bielsa has an authoritarian traditional style of management, it's very much top down, he calls the shots and you either accept them or you won't be at Leeds for long. The players surely know where they stand, you either accept his style and rules, or your history, whoever you are, so there's no toleration for dissention in the ranks.

I could see a lot of players, and potential recruits, not fancying that style, combined with the strict training regime e.g. Gallagher.

I do believe that at times Bielsa makes a mountain out of a molehill, and he doesn't seem open to compromise to smooth the waters, and maybe that's why he hasn't hung around at other clubs, i.e. it's my way or the highway, and if you don't go then I'll go instead.

Kalvin is in a strong position as he had a great season and shone on the big stage, he's also mixing with pals that have bigger wages, fancier lifestyles, playing under laxer management styles, so he may well be influenced by that, if Bielsa chooses to under appreciate his influence at the club. Bielsa will always be about the team before individuals, we've already had examples of that, Poveda and KP may just be the next ones, as he seems to scorn sentiment.

It would be a very sad day for us if KP leaves, for me he's the focal point of our side and our best and most important player at the club, but I'm not sure that Bielsa's approach accepts the importance of an individual, over the team.

It's all gonna come out in the wash.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Bielsa doesn’t like unhappy players hanging around the squad.
Maybe getting him off the payroll helps as well.
There Is Only One United.